View Poll Results: Who should be Spider-Man heroine partner in the same manner as with the Black Cat?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

21 34.43%
  • She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters)

7 11.48%
  • Psylocke

5 8.20%
  • Black Widow

4 6.56%
  • Silver Sable

35 57.38%
  • Carol Danvers

11 18.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    You have repeatedly shown that you really don't give a crap about She-Hulk as She-Hulk, and really only bring her up because you think that Peter is the only person she'd be able to use her "human" self around. However, she has an ongoing, so why should be Peter's supporting character?

Psylocke is only brought up because you think that her brother would have introduced her to Peter at some point, and I doubt that the A+X story with them is enough to justify her being Peter's new partner. She's a part of X-Men and X-Force. Why should she be relegated to a part of Spider-Man's supporting cast?
    Regarding the She-Hulk, I personally feel that the She-Hulk(Extrovert) and Jennifer Walters(Introvert Human form) are two separate personas who share the same intellect. The reason why Jennifer likes being the She-Hulk is because the She-Hulk actually dominates both forms: Human and Hulk forms. In theory, if Jennifer stays in her human form long enough, her old habits and awkwardness will return to how it was prior to her becoming the She-Hulk. I just feel that past writers do not want to use the humanside to Jennifer because they don't want to waste time with transforming her into the She-Hulk all the time. So this is why the writer of the 1st She-Hulk series decided to make the She-Hulk a permanent choice for Jen because he didn't want to do a female version of Dr. Bruce Banner. I like the idea of the human side of Jennifer having her own life that is SEPARATE from the She-Hulk.

And the reason why I like the idea of Jennifer Walters in her human form with Peter Parker is because she's immune from the affects of Peter's radioactive blood which causes her to lose control of her She-Hulk powers whenever she is in her Hulk form. This might explain why she's always angry with Spider-Man whenever they work together, or whenever he jokes around. In contrast, the human side to Jennifer Walters has always been amused with Spider-Man, as well as being very curious about him. This is not present when Jennifer is in Hulk mode.

I never said that Peter should be a supporting cast of Jennifer's World all that much. But rather a reoccurring guests because their friendship might pre-date her She-Hulk awakenings.

Silk
    10 char
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Silk
    10 char
    This is probably gonna happen.
    She ends up becoming his new partner and girlfriend.

Of the one's listed I have to choose Silver Sable, Ends of the Earth really sold me on that pairing. But in all honesty I would prefer Kitty Pryde as his partner though that's mostly because of my fondness for that pairing in the Ultimate books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Regarding the She-Hulk, I personally feel that the She-Hulk(Extrovert) and Jennifer Walters(Introvert Human form) are two separate personas who share the same intellect. The reason why Jennifer likes being the She-Hulk is because the She-Hulk actually dominates both forms: Human and Hulk forms. In theory, if Jennifer stays in her human form long enough, her old habits and awkwardness will return to how it was prior to her becoming the She-Hulk. I just feel that past writers do not want to use the humanside to Jennifer because they don't want to waste time with transforming her into the She-Hulk all the time. So this is why the writer of the 1st She-Hulk series decided to make the She-Hulk a permanent choice for Jen because he didn't want to do a female version of Dr. Bruce Banner. I like the idea of the human side of Jennifer having her own life that is SEPARATE from the She-Hulk.

And the reason why I like the idea of Jennifer Walters in her human form with Peter Parker is because she's immune from the affects of Peter's radioactive blood which causes her to lose control of her She-Hulk powers whenever she is in her Hulk form. This might explain why she's always angry with Spider-Man whenever they work together, or whenever he jokes around. In contrast, the human side to Jennifer Walters has always been amused with Spider-Man, as well as being very curious about him. This is not present when Jennifer is in Hulk mode.

I never said that Peter should be a supporting cast of Jennifer's World all that much. But rather a reoccurring guests because their friendship might pre-date her She-Hulk awakenings.
    So… are you suggesting that "Jennifer Walters" and "The She-Hulk" are split personalities, or that the She-Hulk is simply a chance for Jennifer to be her "real" self? And writers are unafraid of having her be in a human form because it'd be a "waste of time" to have her transform? By that logic, wouldn't Hulk writers be "wasting time" every time they have Bruce change into the Hulk and back? Even if that was the reason she's kept in her She-Hulk form, why is that the way to avoid making her the female version of Bruce? You're giving off some major David S. Goyer vibes right now.

As for Jennifer being immune to Peter's radioactive blood… how does that work? I could understand if radiation powers were used on her, but how would just being in the presence of someone with radioactive blood cause her to lose control? What about the issue of Mighty Avengers where she was able to retain control to the point that she could directly to SpOck with enough coherence that she was able to threaten him not with violence, but with a long and thorough court case?

I wasn't accusing you of suggesting that Peter should be a part of Jennifer's supporting cast, I was accusing you of doing the same thing you do every time you find a tangential excuse to bring up your desire to see Peter have a "partner". You are sexist, just face it. You think that superheroines can just be swapped up like machine parts. To you, they are nothing more than cogs whose primary purpose is to replace Black Cat's. Oh, sure, you'll try to argue that they have a history with Peter, but it's all just a justification for you. You don't care about who these characters are in their own right, you care about how Spider-Man matters in their world.

What is even the reason for why you want to see Jessica fight Felicia? Because Felicia was originally intended as a villain for her? If you want that, then why can't Black Cat show up in a book like Secret Avengers, where you'd have Spider-Woman be the central character for an arc, and Black Cat could, for one reason or another, serve as an opponent for Spider-Woman? Not as an antagonist, or an even a villain, but just that something happens during the story that causes them to fight? If you want them to fight, alright, there could be a story that has a good reason for them to fight, but your reasons for it sound terrible. It sounds like you just want them to fight because, "Hey look! Spider-Woman is Peter's partner right now! Black Cat would totally be jealous of that!" Because naturally the only reason two women could get into a fight is because one is jealous of the other being in a relationship with a man. And don't even try to pretend that you're not suggesting this because of that. The dynamics you're interested in - which I notice mainly focus on how Peter affects the superheroine more often than the other way around - sound mainly to build towards a romantic relationship, rather than a platonic partnership.

Tell me, what did you think of One More Day? What do you think are the advantages of that story having been written? Do you agree that it's better for the marriage to have been nullified because it allows Peter to explore relationships with other women, or can you think of other story potential that was "rescued" by that story?

I didn't pick Black Widow and Spider-Woman to be a part of Peter's life because of their Spider-Themed costumes. I picked Jessica and Natasha for their personalities that would work well around Peter Parker. In retrospect, I feel that both the Black Widow and Spider-Woman(even with the loss of her powers) should have been reoccurring guests in Spider-Man's world before the introduction of the Black Cat. Combined background and experiences brings out the best possible stories. And I feel that the Black Widow and Jessica Drew's involvement in Spider-Man's world will do wonders for both of them as their personal feelings for Spider-Man/Peter Parker will put them in a completely different light that we rarely get to see.
    Darth i respect you but you have to acknowledge that a lot of the time people don't take spiderman seriously and its the writers fault.
    A lot of the people on that list hate his banter and everything, also you don't want to damage a character but type casting them as spidey sidekick.

But heres the thing i'm going to go through them and give a percentage rating of how i like it and if i think its possible
    Spider-woman
    Books: Avengers, Avengers World & Secret Avengers
    Like: 75%
    Chance:15%
    She Hulk: Thor, She Hulk, Might Avengers
    Like 15%
    Chance 5%
    Psylocke: X-men, X-force
    Like 45%
    Chance 5%
    Black Widow
    Books: Black Widow, Avengers, Secret Avengers & Avengers World
    Like 80%
    Chances 10%
    Silver Sable
    Books None
    Like 80%
    Chances 0%
    Carol Danvers
    Books GOTG, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Avengers World
    Like 95%
    Chances 5%
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    So… are you suggesting that "Jennifer Walters" and "The She-Hulk" are split personalities, or that the She-Hulk is simply a chance for Jennifer to be her "real" self? And writers are unafraid of having her be in a human form because it'd be a "waste of time" to have her transform? By that logic, wouldn't Hulk writers be "wasting time" every time they have Bruce change into the Hulk and back? Even if that was the reason she's kept in her She-Hulk form, why is that the way to avoid making her the female version of Bruce? You're giving off some major David S. Goyer vibes right now.

As for Jennifer being immune to Peter's radioactive blood… how does that work? I could understand if radiation powers were used on her, but how would just being in the presence of someone with radioactive blood cause her to lose control? What about the issue of Mighty Avengers where she was able to retain control to the point that she could directly to SpOck with enough coherence that she was able to threaten him not with violence, but with a long and thorough court case?
    I wasn't accusing you of suggesting that Peter should be a part of Jennifer's supporting cast, I was accusing you of doing the same thing you do every time you find a tangential excuse to bring up your desire to see Peter have a "partner". You are sexist, just face it. You think that superheroines can just be swapped up like machine parts. To you, they are nothing more than cogs whose primary purpose is to replace Black Cat's. Oh, sure, you'll try to argue that they have a history with Peter, but it's all just a justification for you. You don't care about who these characters are in their own right, you care about how Spider-Man matters in their world.

What is even the reason for why you want to see Jessica fight Felicia? Because Felicia was originally intended as a villain for her? If you want that, then why can't Black Cat show up in a book like Secret Avengers, where you'd have Spider-Woman be the central character for an arc, and Black Cat could, for one reason or another, serve as an opponent for Spider-Woman? Not as an antagonist, or an even a villain, but just that something happens during the story that causes them to fight? If you want them to fight, alright, there could be a story that has a good reason for them to fight, but your reasons for it sound terrible. It sounds like you just want them to fight because, "Hey look! Spider-Woman is Peter's partner right now! Black Cat would totally be jealous of that!" Because naturally the only reason two women could get into a fight is because one is jealous of the other being in a relationship with a man. And don't even try to pretend that you're not suggesting this because of that. The dynamics you're interested in - which I notice mainly focus on how Peter affects the superheroine more often than the other way around - sound mainly to build towards a romantic relationship, rather than a platonic partnership.

Tell me, what did you think of One More Day? What do you think are the advantages of that story having been written? Do you agree that it's better for the marriage to have been nullified because it allows Peter to explore relationships with other women, or can you think of other story potential that was "rescued" by that story?
    In Jennifer's human form, she's immune to Peter's radioactive blood vibes because her body has build up a resistance to it. In her Hulk form, Jennifer is venerable to Peter's radioactive blood as it affects her gamma radiated blood that was cured by Dr. Morbius that allowed the Hulk side to gain control of Jennifer's human side thus becoming the Sensational She-Hulk at the end of her 1st series run.

Also, here is a link to a Spider-Man x Black Widow team-up proposal that was pitched to marvel by the owner of the following website:

http://gilesdailypaintings.blogspot....idow-2013.html
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-30-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Darth i respect you but you have to acknowledge that a lot of the time people don't take spiderman seriously and its the writers fault.
    A lot of the people on that list hate his banter and everything, also you don't want to damage a character but type casting them as spidey sidekick.

But heres the thing i'm going to go through them and give a percentage rating of how i like it and if i think its possible
    Spider-woman
    Books: Avengers, Avengers World & Secret Avengers
    Like: 75%
    Chance:15%
    She Hulk: Thor, She Hulk, Might Avengers
    Like 15%
    Chance 5%
    Psylocke: X-men, X-force
    Like 45%
    Chance 5%
    Black Widow
    Books: Black Widow, Avengers, Secret Avengers & Avengers World
    Like 80%
    Chances 10%
    Silver Sable
    Books None
    Like 80%
    Chances 0%
    Carol Danvers
    Books GOTG, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Avengers World
    Like 95%
    Chances 5%
    Actually, I was not implying that any one of these heroines be a sidekick to Spider-Man because that would be a huge insult to their intelligence. Whenever they make a guest appearance, all the heroines mentioned are equal partners with Spider-Man with their combine talents to get the job done. Most of the time, it would be cool to see them make a cameo in their civilian guise with Peter on a lunch or dinner date to get better acquainted. Also, I wasn't implying that Spider-Man and the said heroines should be in a romantic relationship. But rather the idea is to identify the heroines who have an interest with Spider-Man as well as the man behind the mask which would create a bond of trust between them as it was done with Peter and Carol Danvers before they wiped out her memory. These heroines are a good alternate to the Black Cat as Spider-Man's partner in a reoccurring guest spot. Nothing more. Nothing less. But the bond of friendship must extend beyond the professional super heroine arena unto the personal side of Peter Parker and the said heroine in her own private world as well to get both the readers and future writers interested as well. If one writer isn't interested in using the Black Cat, then he could use Psylocke as Spidey's partner in a guest spot, for example. The closest that we'd seen to an alternate to the Black Cat are Silver Sable and the Black Widow.

Remember this classic?
    Let's give it up to Toad
    The partner does not need to be in love with the Spider, or even be a female
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

As much as I like to see a Spider-man\Psylocke team up aside from the A+X issue I don't recall any issue where they teamed up.. Lowest percentile for a constant team-up , and although Silver Sable is the highest percentile in my opinion , isn't she dead , or has she come back and if so where and what issue??

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Spidey pairs best with Daredevil, Human Torch or Black Cat (current heel-turn aside).

I can't really see any of those on the list as a longtime partner.

Amazing Member

Ultimate Kitty Pryde.

Cpt. Yuri Watanabe (Wraith)...perhaps. He will probably just work alone as always.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    This is probably gonna happen.
    She ends up becoming his new partner and girlfriend.
    That's assuming she turns out to be a ''hero'' that is. Or at least not a villain.

BANNED

In Jennifer's human form, she's immune to Peter's radioactive blood vibes because her body has build up a resistance to it. In her Hulk form, Jennifer is venerable to Peter's radioactive blood as it affects her gamma radiated blood that was cured by Dr. Morbius that allowed the Hulk side to gain control of Jennifer's human side thus becoming the Sensational She-Hulk at the end of her 1st series run.

Also, here is a link to a Spider-Man x Black Widow team-up proposal that was pitched to marvel by the owner of the following website:

http://gilesdailypaintings.blogspot....idow-2013.html
    That… makes no sense. How does his blood give off vibes? And, again, how does that explain how, in Mighty Avengers, she didn't lose control?

The art for that proposal was nice, but how do you know it was pitched? Couldn't JL Giles Rivera have just drawn it for fun? Oh, and I'm guessing that was you who posted the one comment? I'm sure it is, because that comment has the same exact thought process I'd expect from you. Apparently, just because the two of them team up, it must mean that Black Widow is to replace Black Cat (You said "alternate" in your comment, but considering what the title of this thread is, I'm not going to fall for that), rather than just there being a fun little story that has them team up. You see why I called you sexist?