• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 499 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 3994494894954964974984995005015025035095495999991499 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    could we ask him what exactly did she do in the forest?
    Yes you can, but you want to make sure it is something that they will actually include in the interview. They get a lot of big questions (a lot of the question threads get to be 50+ questions) so you'll want to ask something that will stand out to the interviewer. Or you could tweet or instagram the writer about specific power instances and sometimes they will explain. Wood used to come into CBR and interact with users so he might respond to your question. It would be great to put a name on what she did .
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

welcome :3 nice to meet you!

I never get tired of the awesome in this gif.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    SMH. Im not going to stay on this much longer but I will say this, I dont need a scan of someone kissing another to conclude that there is intimacy there. There is enough to support people statements on the matter just because its not CONFIRMED does not mean its not IMPLIED.
    then should I also insist that Storm is not pure african but a mixture of all races? She has white hair. She has blue eyes. her skin color changes too. she did have cat-like eyes.

there has also been implications that captain america is gay. ill post scans later why.

I might find images where Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch actually look like lovers.

and some also said that there's also a cyclops/wolverine pairing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    There is more to those words than being sexual. It all depends on the context and how it was expressed. You know I Love You can still be platonic, right? And may I ask why you don't want Storm to be bisexual? It's different in saying she's not from don't want her to be. Will you still love her if she ever comes out as bi?

Mind you LGBT has come a long way, but not far enough yet. However, I applaud DC for making one of their major Justice Leaguers gay. I believe it is Green Lantern. Not some lousy C-Listers that got the token label for the sake of it.

If you ask me, I am down with Ororo being bisexual. That should make her more interesting. And you guys should admit, if there's anything non Storm fans can talk about, her sexual encounters is always one of it. The talk about her powers and her "feats" does not make her more appealing to the general public, it's just to make fans wank harder and get to win the rumbles thread.
    I dont want hwr to be bisexual because she isnt one and it isnt necessary for her to become one. of course I would still love her if they make her bisexual and even if writers will like make a crazy story of making Storm impatient and kill lets say Kitty but of course I dont want it to happen.

some people also want Superman to be gay. I probably wont mind much but his fans wil definitely will. how much more if Batman becomes gay. as for Storm, she is my favorite and I want her sexual preference to remain as it is. Straight.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-01-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Just because one or two shows and a few films have some very supporting LGBT characters and themes, doesn't mean it's just fine and peachy for LGBT characters (or even that LGBT characters are the norm in over 50% of entertainment... because they are not). In 2012 ParaNorman became one of the ONLY children's animated films to have an openly LGBT character and it got tons of hate and boycotts for having ONE LINE express a characters homosexuality. In 2013 Behind the Candelabra was pulled from a cinema realise because it was "too gay" (despite the massive pulling power of its stars and director).

In 2014 Conchita won the Eurovision Song Contest and some politics and world leaders reacted as if the apocalypse was nigh. John Constantine (one of the oldest and most high profile LGBT comic characters) has been intentionally "de-bi'd" and the show creator said "I don't see what the problem is." A drag queen is sued by the church and a TV network for daring to say people who view homosexuals as 'less than' are bigots. Wiccan gets labelled as "all he does is kiss his boyfriend" (he's kissed his boyfriend 3 times in 10 years). Thread after thread on CBR of posters saying "I don't mind LGBT characters..." [followed by a rant about why THEIR character shouldn't be, but they'll happily see a character they DON'T care about be outed]. It's 2014 and the closest we have to an LGBT Avengers (out of the 40+ characters who are official Avengers right now) is a) four people who haven't been featured on the team since they were outed outside the comic b) a villain on a team the Avengers don't consider as cannon, c) a liaison, d) honorary teenagers who aren't official members or (best of all) e) "one of these Avengers IS LGBT" (we're just never going to mention it, comment on it, or acknowledge it in any way).

"LGBT celebratory atmosphere"??? What Narnia are you living it?
    Clearly you chose to overlook the names I mentioned as I was specifically referring/referencing comics...and the current thrust to be more "diverse". The people you mention in your post are irrelevant (as far as I am concerned) because quite simply...they are NOT fictional, literary characters. They are not Storm...the focus of this particular thread topic.

Not everyone is interested in mounting a soap box to champion the LGBT cause or even reading about someone who (inadvertently) does.

Simply put, if there is no pertinent in-story reason to make the point that Storm is bi-sexual that develops the character further (and I just don't see there is), then it is better left as just Claremontian subtext speculation. As we've learnt with The Whoreverine, not everything about a character needs be canonised on-panel, in-print.

This, coming from a British, bi-sexual man living in the Caribbean. (FYI)
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 08-01-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I never get tired of the awesome in this gif.
    look at how halle walks on that gif. she nailed it. perfect

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    look at how halle walks on that gif. she nailed it. perfect
    Yes she did . And thanks for submitting your questions for Marts. I'm working on mine and will have them in this evening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Yes she did . And thanks for submitting your questions for Marts. I'm working on mine and will have them in this evening.
    I am not expecting my questions to be answered though. hahahaha.

anyway im on my ybro's cellphone so I usually make mistake with spellings annd dont multiquote becaue it's going to be a hassle.

BANNED

to kitsune and just my 2 cents. I hope we're all cool.

where are the res t of the Storm fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Clearly you chose to overlook the names I mentioned as I was specifically referring/referencing comics...and the current thrust to be more "diverse". The people you mention in your post are irrelevant (as far as I am concerned) because quite simply...they are NOT fictional, literary characters. They are not Storm...the focus of this particular thread topic.
    Not everyone is interested in mounting a soap box to champion the LGBT cause or even reading about someone who (inadvertently) does.
    Simply put, if there is no pertinent in-story reason to make the point that Storm is bi-sexual that develops the character further (and I just don't see there is), then it is better left as just Claremontian subtext speculation. As we've learnt with The Whoreverine, not everything about a character needs be canonised on-panel, in-print.
    This, coming from a British, bi-sexual man living in the Caribbean. (FYI)
    a) I don't know why you put "living in the Caribbean" in such focus (hardly the foreground of the LGBT movement ). In many ways your reluctance to see it explored is indicative of the Caribbean.
    b) I don't understand why you support FalconCap, but happily label any suggestion to explore what Storm/Yukio was as "a gimmick."
    c) you talk about this thrust to be more diverse... has any LGBT characters benefited right now? Have any LGBT characters been revealed in the new revamp? Are any LGBT Avengers being announced? Are any LGBT characters leading teams? Part of the main events? At the forefront of the franchise? The best we have is Loki, and his bisexuality is... a delightful side-note at best. We also have 'eternally-in-straight-relationships-since-Destiny' Mystique. Another major win for the LGBT movement (both, by the way, never confirmed as bisexual in the movies). But hey... oh well...

P.S. And, as K-Kitsune pointed out, it was "subtext" because it COULDN'T be said. That's not subtext, that's censorship. Big difference...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-01-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I dont want hwr to be bisexual because she isnt one and it isnt necessary for her to become one. of course I would still love her if they make her bisexual and even if writers will like make a crazy story of making Storm impatient and kill lets say Kitty but of course I dont want it to happen.

some people also want Superman to be gay. I probably wont mind much but his fans wil definitely will. how much more if Batman becomes gay. as for Storm, she is my favorite and I want her sexual preference to remain as it is. Straight.
    You dont know what Storm is because you dont write her, just because you have this fascination of her being straight dosent mean its right and its time to let it go, I always thought of Storm as having no boundaries and no being afraid of her sexuality whatever it is that may be. Alot of writers do make sexual undertones with certain characters and you would be a fool to not see something between her and Yukio it was more than simply a friendship so accept it.

welcome :3 nice to meet you!

*Sigh* The ever glamorous "Runway Walk of Death". I don't care what anyone says. Miss Berry stomped hard in those heels to deliver that scene. She's so terrifyingly gorgeous in that scene!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    *Sigh* The ever glamorous "Runway Walk of Death". I don't care what anyone says. Miss Berry stomped hard in those heels to deliver that scene. She's so terrifyingly gorgeous in that scene!
    Yas hunny that is my fav scene out of the whole franchise, she delivered I loved it my first taste of the power Storm wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    They did: she created epic tornadoes to take out the planes too.

Very pleased to have you in the thread
    Hahaha that is true! I actually thought about that after I posted my reply! For the most part in the films, though, I felt like they just kind of had her provide cover and not do much else, and that was a real shame. Storm's a lot more powerful than people give her credit for, and when they did allow her to do more-- such as make the tornadoes or zap the hell outta Toad or kick ass in X3, it was awesome and epic. And of course saving the world in X2.

And thank you for the welcome!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    You dont know what Storm is because you dont write her, just because you have this fascination of her being straight dosent mean its right and its time to let it go, I always thought of Storm as having no boundaries and no being afraid of her sexuality whatever it is that may be. Alot of writers do make sexual undertones with certain characters and you would be a fool to not see something between her and Yukio it was more than simply a friendship so accept it.
    You don't write her too. Storm is not afraid of her sexuality that's why she shows it and have relationships with men. Writers may have made sexual undertones but they remain as undertones.

Why don't you check this out. It's about Captain America and Iron Man: http://tardiscrash.tumblr.com/post/1...in-america-and

Tell me what you think.

You may check this one too: http://community.comicbookresources....-Should-Be-Gay
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-01-2014 at 10:28 PM.