Page 703 of 827 FirstFirst ... 203603653693699700701702703704705706707713753803 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 12392
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

So . . . if Cicada-Grace and Nora never existed, why didn't the people Cicada-Grace killed return to life if she wasn't there to kill them in the first place?

I'll stop right now before my head explode.

No, Cisco; you're going to regret giving up your powers when the Crisis arrives.

Let's hope in the new timeline we get Dawn and Don West-Allen.

YES! Finally hints of Sue Dearbon! I hope show reenacts this scene, except have Sara Lance in place of Fire:

Sue_Dibny_006.jpg

Well, even though I hated Nora, I'll admit that ending was pretty emotional.
    Hope Thawne finally goes away in the crisis though. He has overstayed his welcome, just like Malcolm Merlyn back then in Arrow.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I first saw her on Black Sails and she was fantastic on that show so this all boils down to the Flash writers room. They have needed a major cleansing of the Flash writers for a good 2 season now. Bring in some new blood with some fresh ideas and not just "well uh....... I don't know..... lets just do time travel again".

The whole Cisco subplot this season was just stupid.
    I think the producers took all the best writers from all of the Arrowverse shows, so they can work on the Crisis storyline.

Where's the Question to prove my theory?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, even though I hated Nora, I'll admit that ending was pretty emotional.
    Hope Thawne finally goes away in the crisis though. He has overstayed his welcome, just like Malcolm Merlyn back then in Arrow.
    I agree with you about Merlyn, but Tom Cavanagh's Reverse Flash is still compelling to me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They never did explain why Thawne had Wells face again this season did they? I mean they said he did it to mess with Barry in the Earth X crossover, but Thawne is too much a narcisist to keep it going forever. I was hoping there would at least be a throw away line like "I am stuck with this face now" or something.

Cisco clearly has a reverse Clark Kent thing going on. Guessing Kamilla has never seen him wear shades.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What they need to do are smaller story arcs instead of these season-long Buffy ones, IMO (especially, as you allude to, the writers keep repeating themselves).
    Agreed. Dragging these villains out over 22 episodes is straining credibility more and more. Too many instances of characters doing something stupid, or getting conveniently distracted long enough for the villain to get away.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Yay! We're finally getting Sue next season. Hope they cast someone good.

I'd gladly trade her for Cisco he's went from being a fun character to a total bummer these past few seasons.

I’m still wondering what happened to godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Technically, barry owns the place, but maybe star labs will get crushed in the crisis, and they’ll move their headquarters to the CCPD.
    Or maybe it won't and they'll FINALLY fix the roof

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This was filmed before Endgame came out and even Marvel TV had no clue what was going to happen in Endgame.
    That effect came straight from Season 1. When Eddie killed himself, Thawne was erased from existence just like that. Of course, now I want to know why he just didn't run into the Negative Speedforce to prevent that....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Quite a bit of Barry forgetting he is fast, once again. Stands there like an idiot, yelling: NOOOOOOOO! Why did the future have to use the dagger to control Thawne? There has been quite a bit of power control tech of other types in the show? Some days, Barry dodges lightning and some days he stands there and gets rayed down.

EXACTLY. This is my problem with the Thawne plot- why the HELL were they using the dagger to dampen his powers? In the present they have power dampening technology in Iron Heights that can hold a Speedster. As much as I repress last season, they showed that very thing when Barry was in prison. So WHY wasn't that tech in Thawne's cell? Also, you're going to execute a speedster, and you use LIGHTENING? Possible even use the Negative Speedforce lightening? No, you stick a needle in his arm and walk away, you don't take him out of his cell and give him a jump-start.

BANNED

I hate haters!!! Lolz anyways I am also glad that Cisco is biding adieu as he was getting increasingly grating. the influx of Harry wells lookalikes should also be stopped and the one from earth 2 should be the only one to appear henceforth. I am getting sick of so many HWs.

Knew all season that Nora was going to have to go eventually but I was still sad to see her go, my mother and I found her too adorable to dislike. In the same vein I knew once Cisco started developing a cure what that meant which is a shame since this episode had some real good Vibe work.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Thoughts:

1. Nora is erased from existence, but not all evidence and memory of her having existed.

2. For once, the season doesn't end on a cliffhanger. Yes, there was a teaser for next season's COIE crossover, but the season actually ended in a self-contained way, unlike all the previous seasons.

3. Clearly, DC/CW took some visual cues from INFINITY WAR/ENDGAME in terms of Grace's and Nora's final fates.

4. With Cisco departing and no Wells-counterpart in place, the brain trust of STAR Labs is rapidly eroding.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I can see Harry being the Wells of Next Season, at Least Until Crisis
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What they need to do are smaller story arcs instead of these season-long Buffy ones, IMO (especially, as you allude to, the writers keep repeating themselves).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I would much rather see the season split in half or even into 3 stories than for them to keep trying the season long arcs which have just not worked for the last 3 season. They could have an overarcing subplot while still doing smaller stories, and that would be great. The whole season long arc just is not working with the constant fight the villain/villain escapes/repeat over and over again until the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    Agreed. Dragging these villains out over 22 episodes is straining credibility more and more. Too many instances of characters doing something stupid, or getting conveniently distracted long enough for the villain to get away.
    Yes...To me comic book shows should have a comic book format. 2-4 episode story arcs with the occasional one off betweeen to give them some down time and such. I also think they bring in too many characters as regulars. Each show seems to need to bring in their own mini-Justice League instead of the titualr hero doing it.

Cisco giving up powers = stupid. Think of how much he could save on air travel alone...especially with a photographer girlfriend who he could take all over the world.

Thawne...Cavanaugh was on set...might as well get more use out of him instead of paying Letscher.
    And didn't they just make a meta human cure...just show up...reverse time and pump him full of it before he runs off. Problem solved.

Is anyone else not a fan of the alternating Wellses?? After Flashpoint the real wells could have been alive, had Jesse and NOT been framed for Thawne's crimes from before Flashpoint.

As well...Flashpoint could have been used to bring the Supergirl series to Earth-1 but that is a different rant.

All right, now that this season is over, can anyone tell me how was Thawne even alive? He isn't a time remnant or something?

I'm glad people are coming around to my idea (as shown by a number of my posts over the past few years) that a big bad who is the sole villain for the whole season is not the way to go. I just wish CW agreed with me as well.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    All right, now that this season is over, can anyone tell me how was Thawne even alive? He isn't a time remnant or something?

I'm glad people are coming around to my idea (as shown by a number of my posts over the past few years) that a big bad who is the sole villain for the whole season is not the way to go. I just wish CW agreed with me as well.

Sandy Hausler
    Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey???

And I am sure you are not the one who originated the idea on the season long big bad...