Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...95155724398592

Dunno what this guy's creds are, but he does have a check-mark...
    A WB China employee also confirmed that earlier today.

WB are simply playing JL close to the chest, spoilers and all that, WB allowing earlier reactions to WW was out of character but was necessary plus the film was pretty self contained that isn't the case for JL. Their reviews almost usually are like a few days before but the fact they're even allowing social at all is a very good thing.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...95155724398592

Dunno what this guy's creds are, but he does have a check-mark...
    If true, this is at least a better sign. While not being able to post full reviews, I believe critics are allowed to share their brief opinion on the movie when the social media embargo is lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    If true, this is at least a better sign. While not being able to post full reviews, I believe critics are allowed to share their brief opinion on the movie when the social media embargo is lifted.
    Yeah they can't talk about plot points or spoilers. So essentially telling us whether their reviews are gonna be positive or negative.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This is a complete off-topic post that you need not acknowledge, but if they ever dared to make a DCEU-MCU crossover film it would break the movie industry. It would be this huge unavoidable gargantuan moneymaker guaranteed to break all sorts of records. It may not happen anytime soon, but the concept just has to be exploited down the line, so long as superhero fatigue doesn't happen abruptly. This might be the event that would usher such a thing. It's like the final frontier of blockbuster movie-making.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    This is a complete off-topic post that you need not acknowledge, but if they ever dared to make a DCEU-MCU crossover film it would break the movie industry. It would be this huge unavoidable gargantuan moneymaker guaranteed to break all sorts of records. It may not happen anytime soon, but the concept just has to be exploited down the line, so long as superhero fatigue doesn't happen abruptly. This might be the event that would usher such a thing. It's like the final frontier of blockbuster movie-making.
    Imagine adapting JLA/AVENGERS for film.

Just *casting* that film would be a nightmare.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It should be noted that Jeff Sneider has been fired from multiple jobs for unprofessional behavior and also has a deep hatred for comic book movies. He’s also currently having a meltdown on twitter.
    Last edited by Serpico Jones; 11-09-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    It should be noted that Jeff Sneider has been fired from multiple jobs for unprofessional behavior and also has a deep hatred for comic book movies. He’s also currently having a meltdown on twitter.
    Not surprising I could tell the way he added sarc in his post about not seeing the film yet, yet "comic lovin bloggers have". Yeash salt much?

Aw, yeah! Adapting DC vs Marvel event from Amalgam Comics, right?!
    Superhero shows are trash

It would also probably be enough to bring back the older Avengers actors once they bow out after Infinity War.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would also probably be enough to bring back the older Avengers actors once they bow out after Infinity War.
    Yep. I think there's a decent chance everyone would be willing to reprise roles as a kind of fun reunion. I think Evans/RDJ and Cavill and Batfleck/Gadot would be leading the teams in terms of first encounters and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    It's kinda entertaining though.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

On a side note, the entire JL soundtrack will be available to stream on Spotify tomorrow. (I think it's already live in timezones that are in the 10th - where I am, I only have access to the two tracks that have already been released + trailer music)

Yep. I think there's a decent chance everyone would be willing to reprise roles as a kind of fun reunion. I think Evans/RDJ and Cavill and Batfleck/Gadot would be leading the teams in terms of first encounters and leadership.
    In this scenario (that I would die to see btw!), I wonder which studio would be the one to stonewall a proposition like this? Surely it would be Disney who refuses...I could absolutely see WB willing to negotiate a crossover deal long before Disney would. I know they worked out deals to do the Spider-Man stuff with Sony, but that was a Marvel character. Considering how stingy Disney can be, and their ludicrous demands on theaters (see: The Last Jedi), I wonder just how bad WB would have to eat things for such a deal to be done. WB played well with Fox over Watchmen, if I recall.

I’d love to see it though. Superman vs Hulk? Bring it on!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah they can't talk about plot points or spoilers. So essentially telling us whether their reviews are gonna be positive or negative.
    Sometimes they can be explicit enough that you can really predict how good or bad the review would be. Grace Randolph's tweet about Wonder Woman read something like "The Wonder Woman movie was not just one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen, it was one of the best MOVIES I've ever seen."

You knew right from the start that her review was going to be GLOWING when it finally dropped.

It would be amazing, but dear God! It would be a logistical NIGHTMARE to pull off. WB and Disney would need a small army of lawyers to hash out all the details about who pays for what, who gets what cut of the box office, who markets what, etc.

I'd love to see them do it, but I can't imagine how they could ever do it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Imagine adapting JLA/AVENGERS for film.

Just *casting* that film would be a nightmare.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'd say it's a logistical impossibility, considering how you'd need to pay about 20 star actors their going rate + split the profits evenly between two studios.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow