Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I think it would have been better if they had added Dust to this roster instead of Gabby. Cool powerset, and would bring an interesting dynamic to the group.
    Pixie instead of Nightcrawler.
    Dust instead of Gabby.
    Cipher and Mercury instead of Trinary.
    Hellion or Loa instead of Namor.
    Add Surge just because she's EXTREMELY underused.

oops is that just Jean teaching the NXM?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The whole saintly thing just started after her death. She was a real person on Morrison's NXM, and so is Jeen since she was created.
    You have to remember, for me and many other fans who have only really gotten into comics in the past decades, Jean Grey was sort of this ghost who hung over the X-Men. She's been dead for a rather long time and many of us actually assumed she'd be dead for far longer. We've only really seen her as this Saint Jean figure that Logan and Scott made her be.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And Kurt is German.
    Speaking of India, whatever happened to thunderbird?

BANNED

If she gets the solo book away from the teen, then she can interact with actual family and friends. Hopefully that's what happens. Teen Jean NO longer needs her own book. Keep her in BLUE or send her home.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    There goes my dreams of having an X-team for every colour

I hope Kurt leaves Gold; I hope everyone leaves Gold
    Yeah, if I started collecting X-men again, I could color coordinate it!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think they're talking about when Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse and was "dead" for a year.
    You are correct. They are referring to the X-men Revolution Era (when Claremont came back to the books). Cable was on the same team as Jean, Storm, Beast, and Gambit. Jean and Cable had some good moments during that run (though the run itself was brief).

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    If she gets the solo book away from the teen, then she can interact with actual family and friends. Hopefully that's what happens. Teen Jean NO longer needs her own book. Keep her in BLUE or send her home.
    she's more interesting in Blue anyway and her solo has been a disappointment

Fantastic Member

this is the most boring lineup ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well that sucks. Put Cable on a friggin' X-team already. Damn. I don't even care which one.
    The problem I have with cable is that he never stays on a team for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You have to remember, for me and many other fans who have only really gotten into comics in the past decades, Jean Grey was sort of this ghost who hung over the X-Men. She's been dead for a rather long time and many of us actually assumed she'd be dead for far longer. We've only really seen her as this Saint Jean figure that Logan and Scott made her be.
    Jean's never been above being a bit tempermental. It's a quality a lot of her fans love.

Realized both these were directed at Logan after the fact. Eh...I'm keeping it.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

After my initial thoughts i just have to comment what the hell is this? I want an actual X team. Gentle Namor X23 and Gabby arent xmen. I have no problem with the characrers themselves. I love x23 but i dont see the reason these characters are following Jean. Plot details are needed lol.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I really thought Jean would be in an all star line up. I mean, bringing her back after 13 years to lead such an underwhelming team, made mostly of characters she has almost no connection to, is just such a let down!
    An all star team would have been a bore.

Also.... read the book before you judge!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think they're talking about when Cyclops was possessed by Apocalypse and was "dead" for a year.
    I don’t Think I was reading X-men back then.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You are correct. They are referring to the X-men Revolution Era (when Claremont came back to the books). Cable was on the same team as Jean, Storm, Beast, and Gambit. Jean and Cable had some good moments during that run (though the run itself was brief).
    Yup. Claremont did a great job adding small character moments with Jean & Nathan and writing the characters in a really believable way - when he wasn't happy about baby Nathan Christopher being turned into Cable. Cable had his own series at the time and it was handled really well with Claremont and Weinberg working together to plot how Scott's death impacted Nathan - but by the time Scott came back, editorial started changing everything. Nathan had some great moments with a lot of other X-Men, like Rogue too. It really worked with having him on the team for a character-driven reason.

It's those type of character moments that are very very rarely included in X-books now because they require the reader to follow a much larger plot and character arcs.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 11-13-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Pixie instead of Nightcrawler.
    Dust instead of Gabby.
    Cipher and Mercury instead of Trinary.
    Hellion or Loa instead of Namor.
    Add Surge just because she's EXTREMELY underused.

oops is that just Jean teaching the NXM?
    I’d be down with that as well.