Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Zub. I think the problems for the book went beyond him and the idea of the book not clicking.
    Sad thing is there was quite a bit of readers who were straight up pirating the book to the point where Zub actually addressed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, unless the book immediately relaunches, you're right.

Ms. Marvel - still has her solo.
    Spider-Man - still has his solo.
    Nova - probably limbo.
    Brawn - Agents of Atlas.
    Viv - likely to be in limbo, unless she gets involved in Iron Man, which Vision is about to show up in.
    Nadia - ditto, as Janet's also in Iron Man.
    Snowguard - the only way she's sticking around is an immediate Champions relaunch or if Zub gets Alpha Flight.
    Ironheart - still has her solo.
    Falcon - As long as the OTHER Falcon is in limbo, so will he.
    Patriot - Ditto, unless he appears in a Marvel Rising comic.
    Locust - probably limbo.
    Dust - depends on the second wave X books. If there's a book with the teens she could be used there.
    Pinpoint - definitely limbo.
    Power Man - probably limbo.
    Bombshell - will still appear in Miles's book.
    I'd say for the long term, Miles and Kamala are likely to always have their own solos going. Riri is kind of in this weird spot where I'm assuming her book is likely to get wrapped up at Issue #12.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 07-25-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

i feel bad that he's not gonna see things through, but--

I built this new take on the team as a way to try and bridge classic teen superheroic drama with an eclectic cast of characters – old school Marvel brought to the present with a new generation of heroes.
    this was the problem with the book
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I've always thought they relaunched at the wrong time. They should've had a new #1 as soon as Zub took over.

At least, his run did last longer than Waid's. 19-27, 1-10, plus the two Infinity Countdown issues and the Snowguard annual makes 22 issues total. Waid only managed 18. The Monsters Unleashed tie-in was by Jeremy Whitley.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-25-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if which one of the situations will be resolved, the Mephisto thing or the Ultron thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've always thought they relaunched at the wrong time. They should've had a new #1 as soon as Zub took over.

At least, his run did last longer than Waid's. 19-27, 1-10, plus the two Infinity Countdown issues and the Snowguard annual makes 22 issues total. Waid only managed 18. The Monsters Unleashed tie-in was by Jeremy Whitley.
    All things considered that's a pretty decent length for a run these days.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I enjoyed what I've read of his run, but I certainly wasn't buying the issues with any regularity. Zub's a good egg, and 20 odd issues isn't anything to sneeze at. A cancellation isn't a failure. I'll still be supporting his D&D work.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I wonder if which one of the situations will be resolved, the Mephisto thing or the Ultron thing?

All things considered that's a pretty decent length for a run these days.
    Neither, I think. Iron Man (which Zub is co-writing) seems to have adopted the Ultron plot, so don't be surprised if Viv and Nadia show up there (Vision and Janet are involved after all). The Mephisto thing is probably the December linewide event, they keep teasing - in which case, expect Miles's solo book to handle that one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Sad thing is there was quite a bit of readers who were straight up pirating the book to the point where Zub actually addressed the issue.
    I wonder how much pirating hurts comics.

I mean, I know it's an issue, but it makes you wonder if it impacts certain titles more then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i feel bad that he's not gonna see things through, but--

this was the problem with the book
    How so?

Incredible Member

A cancellation like this hurts me badly, it makes me want to stop getting comics all together now because no matter what I read it's just going to get canceled anyway.

He said, and you could see it in the book, that he was tackling it like a successor to an old-school teen book like New Mutants or New Warriors and whatnot, but this leads to one small problem and one major problem

The small one is that he scripted it like one, which is up to preference but you can just see it. How the kids talk and the way omniscient narration shows up and how their voices just kinda bleed together. It makes the book feel dated to me.

The bigger problem is that he plotted it like an old book where you can let subplots just boil over for months because you're Chris Claremont, but he wasn't in the position where he has that kind of creator clout to do that and have his seeds sprout later down the line. Waid kept the book small and intimate, so going big is the correct play once he's done. But you really don't have time to spend months on old Alpha Flight villains and Man-Thing because you're position at the table isn't secure. His issues aren't decompressed, but we're at an exceptional 21 issue total and the book will still have that feeling of being cut really short. More conservative planning, is what I'm saying.

Because I demand it... a Pinpoint solo!

What do you say, Marvel?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Well this hurts....a lot. It was my favorite teen title.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Because I demand it... a Pinpoint solo!

What do you say, Marvel?
    Speaking of pinpoint, where did he go?

Man this is a real bummer.
    I just re-read the series starting with ANAD Avengers, so now I'm extra bummed.

Hope we get some closure on Viv's arc at least.

I also hope we can keep this thread going to keep track of all the characters as they crop up in other books

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The small one is that he scripted it like one, which is up to preference but you can just see it. How the kids talk and the way omniscient narration shows up and how their voices just kinda bleed together. It makes the book feel dated to me.
    Moreso then the Waid run?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Moreso then the Waid run?
    The best part of the Waid run was how distinguished everyone's personality was. That's also thanks to Ramos.