View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sears and 7-11 are some of the most basic stores that are found all over the country. why don't you rage against the fire department or the post office too?
    Oh yeah, look at this...

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    And they wouldn't be in some tiny little Kansas town. The gas station would probably be a Casey's, not even sure they have 7-11s in Kansas.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen zero 7-11 while going through Kansas the past ten or so years. They aren't really what a small town in Kansas would have. Neither is a big Sears, and they probably wouldn't have a Home Depot unless Smallville is actually bigger than its name would imply. There are some 7-11s in Kansas, but they're all basically in one part of the start, and that one part isn't a little farming town. I wouldn't imagine a town that's small enough to be set up as one small Main Street road with have those things, it's not set upon a bigger town where that drag is a bunch of fast food places and a few gas stations, it's just a bunch of local places and those three thing. None of them are even old versions of those places.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Spot on for who? Not Ma or Pa kent. These ppl are suppose to raise a man to become the most decent good hearted man in the world. Literaly the best of us. The comics and even smallville make you believe that, DCEU kents are selfish and put clarks secret before anything else(as most parents would) The kents arent most parents though they have to raise a guy whos jesus level good.
    More spot on for real world advice not the idealistic version of smallville or Kents from the comics. Even Jesus said don't throw pearls to pigs.

7-11s are all over the world. Sears were the owners of the Sears Tower. Did you just think those were made up places that showed up in a number of different things?
    When words carrying no meaning of any significance to either the movie or myself flash across the screen, they don't spark any kind of thought process. It's completely immaterial whether or not they are fictional, because either way they're not part of my experience of the world around me.

Now, Sears and 7-11, those I know about despite not having been within a few hundred miles of either. I blame American movies and television. U-Haul and IHOP? Never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    More spot on for real world advice not the idealistic version of smallville or Kents from the comics. Even Jesus said don't throw pearls to pigs.
    The Smallville version of the Kents were also pretty scared of Clark exposing his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The real world has kind and selfless people too, the concept is not just a comic book fabrication. Their advice in MoS was no more "spot on" on for real world advice than the comic's version would've been.

What's more to the point is that the Kents being what they are in the comics were instrumental in Superman becoming what he became. With their potrayal in MoS, Snyder started messing up Superman starting from the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Okay, not being American, those are just generic shop names to me. They're not things that exist outside of fiction overhere in any way that counts.
    It is funny how these things work out internationally. Brands so easily get above themselves and imagine they can become worldwide names in an easy bound. I just about remember 7-11's disastrous attempt to move into the UK, and as soon as more established UK stores moved in on their USP they collapsed, other than the one store I visited back then they could be fictional as far as personal experience matters. I still don't really know who Sears are, or what they sell.

Just because a brand is massive in the US does not mean we outside the US have any real understanding who they are or what they do. What do those of you that are Americans remember of Tesco's failure to move into the US? Would a scene in a UK Tesco store mean anything to you? Or Lidl, M&S, Carrefour?

Oh yeah, look at this....
    listen, i grew up in a tiny town in north carolina and i had a sears. it was where we all went to go shopping for hardware and appliances plus clothes etc. that sort of excuse is not going to fly with me. garden city, ks - which has a population of only about half the size of my hometown has a sears.

a simple google search shows tonnes of sears throughout kansas. same for 7-eleven. there's one in bonner springs, ks which has a population of only 7,000. try again.

Spectacular Member

Jesus if your nitpicking a movie to the point of pointing out product placement then your just not able to enjoy the film. Product placement is in and around us everywhere we go. Is it more obvious in some movie more then others? Yes but jesus just accept it and move on.

also, for reference, smallville has a population of 25,000 according to the smallville tv show. so if you think that's not big enough to attract a sears and a 7-11, then you really gotta think again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Smallville version of the Kents were also pretty scared of Clark exposing his powers.
    I remember they did the Imagine series with Stan Lee recreating some DC superheroes and his version was scared of being experimented on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    The real world has kind and selfless people too, the concept is not just a comic book fabrication. Their advice in MoS was no more "spot on" on for real world advice than the comic's version would've been.

What's more to the point is that the Kents being what they are in the comics were instrumental in Superman becoming what he became. With their potrayal in MoS, Snyder started messing up Superman starting from the foundation.
    I just see it as different versions of the same characters. But I understand ppl being mad when they feel the character they like is written out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post

Fearing for your child's safety doesn't mean you're not kind or selfless.

Yet they taught him his secret couldnt come at the cost of others. They were the type of parents you could see raising someone who became superman. You can be over protective without it coming to maybe you should let a bunch of kids drown. The tone set by snydes superman makes sense given the parents who raised him.

Holding your children back because of that fear is selfish.

When your kids secret is maybe(He did say maybe so ill be fair) more important then the lives of all the kids on that bus, selfless goes out the window. Clark uses his powers he might be exposed and someone might try to take him away. He does nothing those kids are all dead. Its a no brainer, and these are supermans parents they should be held to a higher standard then a typical realistic parent.