Page 12 of 190 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I gave up trying to defend or invent excuses to defend the horrible things Marvel has done to the relationship between Jean and Scott from Morrison to Endsong. they are all true, that's the point, marvel was breaking their relationship and they did it that way. they have been over 14 years and counting.

I'm also tired and don't like to trash others ships (like jean/logan or scemma) anymore. there are reasons people like them

I just want to say that i like the relationship between Jean & Scott. when they aren't in a love triangle or jumping on other people like in the last decade but again it has been this way since their break up. When the relationship existed it was the total opposite, healthy and stable.

It's just cute and magical. I like the whole growing up together, marrying and having kids but with Jean and Scott all this it is enriched by mutant and superhero crazyness. you could say that about any other super hero ship of course but there is something that makes it special. there is something about it existing from the start and seeing it evolve and change (even for worse like in the last years) it makes the relationship feel like a real part of their lives and not just hooking up two characters.
    I mean as far as i know morrison wanted to use Storm at first. We could have Scott/Storm instead of scott/emma as the greates romance of the 2000's or if Claremont didn't get angry for maddie, he could probably have never conceived Jean/Logan. I'm not trying to attack any of these ships they exist and are way healthier than jean/scott at the time

But Jean and Scott even in the current state were the relationship is a failure still are and will always be part of each other. It's in the DNA of their characters and i find it cute.
    they can date other people, but they will never grow up with their other partners, they will never face/reject their possible future like jeen and tyke. They will never fail that hard with other people, and death and time travel aren't going to influence their relationship with other partners. I also doubt any of them will marry or have kids with other character.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-22-2018 at 08:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Well yes, of course, but that's also the in-story reason.
    That's the in story reason for every fictional character in existence, their wills are the wills of the writer

Also to phoenix zero, don't tempt fate, marvel could one more day them and made wipe their relationship from existence, that'd technically be good because Jean would become a strong super independent woman that doesn't need cyclops , and cyclops wouldn't be a cheater or have left maddie
    Last edited by wano; 08-22-2018 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

I mean the in-story reason for Jean/Scott is because he was the main guy and she was the only girl.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was pretty random to me. flirting was by no means reasons for them to be a couple.
    ??? Most relationships are born from some type of flirtation. And it wasn't random, ya boy Claremont had them started dating before she married T'Challa, but it got cut short because Wolverine became an brainwashed Hydra agent for that "Enemy of the State" story.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I gave up trying to defend or invent excuses to defend the horrible things Marvel has done to the relationship between Jean and Scott from Morrison to Endsong. they are all true, that's the point, marvel was breaking their relationship and they did it that way. they have been over 14 years and counting.

I'm also tired and don't like to trash others ships (like jean/logan or scemma) anymore. there are reasons people like them

I just want to say that i like the relationship between Jean & Scott. when they aren't in a love triangle or jumping on other people like in the last decade but again it has been this way since their break up. When the relationship existed it was the total opposite, healthy and stable.

It's just cute and magical. I like the whole growing up together, marrying and having kids but with Jean and Scott all this it is enriched by mutant and superhero crazyness. you could say that about any other super hero ship of course but there is something that makes it special. there is something about it existing from the start and seeing it evolve and change (even for worse like in the last years) it makes the relationship feel like a real part of their lives and not just hooking up two characters.
    I mean as far as i know morrison wanted to use Storm at first. We could have Scott/Storm instead of scott/emma as the greates romance of the 2000's or if Claremont didn't get angry for maddie, he could probably have never conceived Jean/Logan. I'm not trying to attack any of these ships they exist and are way healthier than jean/scott at the time

But Jean and Scott even in the current state were the relationship is a failure still are and will always be part of each other. It's in the DNA of their characters and i find it cute.
    they can date other people, but they will never grow up with their other partners, they will never face/reject their possible future like jeen and tyke. They will never fail that hard with other people, and death and time travel aren't going to influence their relationship with other partners. I also doubt any of them will marry or have kids with other character.
    Scemma was never really healthy. jean/logan never happenned,so it cant be healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    It's mentioned in #131, that's the first time Emma says it and it's their first session as well and in it, Scott asks her if what they're doing is still telepathic therapy or some kind of affair. So, how does that work? You say she was just being his friend but Scott himself is under the impression this is telepathic therapy to work on his marriage issues with Jean. Emma is actively acting as his therapist in these situations. He initially went to her for marriage help, that's what he said. It wasn't because he was some repressed horn dog and just "wanted to have fun." Which jives with the HK scene where Emma suggests a physical affair and Scott tells her it's Jean or nothing. So we know what Scott's intentions were when he went to see her and get help.
    Their first talk about the ordeal was in Hong Kong. The second talk was in the dark room to continue where they left off in hk and as shown in he scans posted above that was as a friend and it was about sex. She may have referenced that she was a sex therapist in the third talk but that doesn't mean she was acting in a professional capacity. She may have knowledge of sex therapy but she was thrtrin the capacity as a friend going by their first two conversations. I'm a doctor I don't work 24/7 when I'm chatting to friends

And he initially went to her to talk sex and his sexual needs. That's stated right there in the scan I posted about jesn wearing corsets for everyone but him
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Their first talk about the ordeal was in Hong Kong. The second talk was in the dark room to continue where they left off in hk and as shown in he scans posted above that was as a friend and it was about sex. She may have referenced that she was a sex therapist in the third talk but that doesn't mean she was acting in a professional capacity. She may have knowledge of sex therapy but she was thrtrin the capacity as a friend going by their first two conversations. I'm a doctor I don't work 24/7 when I'm chatting to friends

And he initially went to her to talk sex and his sexual needs. That's stated right there in the scan I posted about jesn wearing corsets for everyone but him
    That's what you got from the scans? He went to talk to her about sex? As friends? He clearly went to her for help with his issues with Jean. He didn't go to talk about fantasies. His comment about corsets was resentment toward Jean for not making the effort to be sexy for him. Not a suggestion to Emma he'd like Emma to wear corsets for him. There's in fact nothing in his initial verbal diarreah about Emma or sex with her. It's all about Jean and him and Emma can you help me?

Scott clearly thought he was going through therapy. He says so himself. He didn't think he's be swapping sex fantasies with Emma or engaging in a psychic affair.

My father and brother are doctors. They don't work 24/7 but when we go to them with health issues and they offer to help, they take it seriously. They feel responsible for our safety. Emma may not have thought it was therapy but Scott did, thought she could help him, and left himself to her mercies.

And Emma wasn't being sardonic. Its probably the only time she was ever so truthful and transparent with her feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    That's what you got from the scans? He went to talk to her about sex? As friends? He clearly went to her for help with his issues with Jean. He didn't go to talk about fantasies. His comment about corsets was resentment toward Jean for not making the effort to be sexy for him. Not a suggestion to Emma he'd like Emma to wear corsets for him. There's in fact nothing in his initial verbal diarreah about Emma or sex with her. It's all about Jean and him and Emma can you help me?
    The corsets thing is all about sex. It's reiterated numerous times. Apocalypse unearthed dark desires and brought it to the fore front. He even says it in the scene he is embarrassed to tell Jean in case she hates him for having those thoughts. And he reiterates this to wolverine who said Jean would have liked it.

Scott clearly thought he was going through therapy. He says so himself. He didn't think he's be swapping sex fantasies with Emma or engaging in a psychic affair.
    Therapy is not mentioned at all in that scene he just wanted someone to talk to and was sex starved. That's from wolverines a man has got needs comment earlier on in the run

My father and brother are doctors. They don't work 24/7 but when we go to them with health issues and they offer to help, they take it seriously. They feel responsible for our safety. Emma may not have thought it was therapy but Scott did, thought she could help him, and left himself to her mercies.
    Well then you should know that rule one is to refer you on to someone else to deal with your health issues. Scott didn't think it was therapy he doesn't mention that at all. Emma has insight as a sex therapist much like a doctor would have insight. But they would not be acting in a professional capacity it would violate medical council rules to act that way for a friend or family member

And Emma wasn't being sardonic. Its probably the only time she was ever so truthful and transparent with her feelings.
    No she was being sardonic. The problem with Scott and Jeans relationship according to Morrison's run was the expectations that came from fans and other people. It's a breaking the fourth wall comment which aligns with KTs comments of the relationship being put on a pedestal. Thus Cyclops could not cope with those expectations because he was having these dirty thoughts about certain things he wanted to try. He perceived Jean as so perfect and pure that she would never want to try anal to be crass. But wolverine said she would have liked it

So Emma's comments are sadonic because she knows their marriage is flawed and not what everyone perceives. She knows Jean isn't pure she knows what Wolverine knows. She knows that Scott lies next to her and doesn't touch her. hen why their pedestal marriage isn't what we perceive it to be
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 11:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Jogan walking together on this cover of the marvel knights.

I love love (^_^)
    Wow, I loved it. So cute.
    Now that Jean has clearly said that Logan is one of only two men she has ever loved, then, finally they can tell everyone the truth: they were never married, but were always in love.
    And they do make a very beautiful couple.
    I really hope they get married.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Wow, I loved it. So cute.
    Now that Jean has clearly said that Logan is one of only two men she has ever loved, then, finally they can tell everyone the truth: they were never married, but were always in love.
    And they do make a very beautiful couple.
    I really hope they get married.
    And we know she meant that in the non-platonic sense as she doesn't include her dad, Xavier, Iceman, Beast or Angel there as those are all her close friends. And the love in the Annual is clearly actual love as opposed to love like a friend
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 11:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And we know she meant that in the non-platonic sense as she doesn't include her dad, Xavier, Iceman, Beast or Angel there as those are all her close friends. And the love in the Annual is clearly actual love as opposed to love like a friend
    Yes, she also makes it clear that the 'Logan' she loves isn't that guy from another reality, it's our Logan.
    She's even going to visit his daughters. She takes his daughters to X-Men Red.
    She doesn't take Rachel or Nathan (actually, she doesn't even remember Nathan), she takes Wolverine's daughters.
    Well, it's a beautiful tribute to one of only two men she has ever loved.
    So yeah, I love that cover.
    Cute.
    Last edited by CuteClops; 08-23-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yes, she also makes it clear that the 'Logan' she loves isn't that guy from another reality, it's our Logan.
    She's even going to visit his daughters. She takes his daughters to X-Men Red.
    She doesn't take Rachel or Nathan (actually, she doesn't even remember Nathan), she takes Wolverine's daughters.
    Well, it's a beautiful tribute to one of only two men she has ever loved.
    So yeah, I love that cover.
    Cute.
    Amen, i used to love Jott but is over is done. I happy now because Scott can finally move on with his true love Emma and Jean will be with Logan.

When Scott comes back I hope we get baby Ruby Summers. This is the only kid he has that there is not a question if she or not his kid. With Cable there is a what if but he is and i hope they never change this. Rachel many Jogan fans say she is Logans.

Counting the days till we get Ruby Summers *big smile*

Ultimate Member

Well even in Morrison's run as against Jean and Logan as he was he had Jean take a trip through Logan's fantasies, most of which would have included her, and she seemed to like what she saw as she was smiling when she commented on them, and not in a way as to be making fun of them but imho to show that she had some mutual interest, and now with Scott dead and Logan back once he gets back to his old self they could be together and she'd still be independent and her own woman and in charge...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Amen, i used to love Jott but is over is done. I happy now because Scott can finally move on with his true love Emma and Jean will be with Logan.

When Scott comes back I hope we get baby Ruby Summers. This is the only kid he has that there is not a question if she or not his kid. With Cable there is a what if but he is and i hope they never change this. Rachel many Jogan fans say she is Logans.

Counting the days till we get Ruby Summers *big smile*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well even in Morrison's run as against Jean and Logan as he was he had Jean take a trip through Logan's fantasies, most of which would have included her, and she seemed to like what she saw as she was smiling when she commented on them, and not in a way as to be making fun of them but imho to show that she had some mutual interest, and now with Scott dead and Logan back once he gets back to his old self they could be together and she'd still be independent and her own woman and in charge...
    What issue was this little trip through the fantasies?