Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    To be honest, I'm just expecting them to shill him a bit because they're the two choices most pick for Batman, so getting their approval is good cred In-universe for Tim.

Kinda like how they only really used Starfire in that Death Metal short to admit defeat in the Nightwing shipping war.
    Well, it's how these things go .

Tim is at least a good 7-10 years older than Jon and Yara, seeing as they're in their teens modern day and Tim is at least mid 20s. Future State doesn't really seem to have a Trinity, it's more in line with what Vordan said, with Yara and Jon as the World's Finest and Batman is just kinda does his own thing; which I prefer to be honest. Future State doesn't really work for me if they are largely doing the same thing as the current iteration to the letter. also, if I'm being honest, Batman tends to feel kinda out of place in the Trinity when that dynamic is used literally, as a team, on the page. DC's Trinity always works more spiritually or thematically than it ever does practically.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Tim is at least a good 7-10 years older than Jon and Yara, seeing as they're in their teens modern day and Tim is at least mid 20s. Future State doesn't really seem to have a Trinity, it's more in line with what Vordan said, with Yara and Jon as the World's Finest and Batman is just kinda does his own thing; which I prefer to be honest. Future State doesn't really work for me if they are largely doing the same thing as the current iteration to the letter. also, if I'm being honest, Batman tends to feel kinda out of place in the Trinity when that dynamic is used literally, as a team, on the page. DC's Trinity always works more spiritually or thematically than it ever does practically.
    I liked Francis Manapul's Trinity run...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Francis Manapul's Trinity run...
    I'm not saying it was bad, i really dug the art, but I don't remember the story being anything particularly amazing for me personally; at least not enough that it made me feel like the Trinity NEEDED to be together.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm not saying it was bad, i really dug the art, but I don't remember the story being anything particularly amazing for me personally; at least not enough that it made me feel like the Trinity NEEDED to be together.
    Part of the problem is most writers don't read Wonder Woman, so it's usually the World's Finest and the TV Tropes page for Diana tagging along.

Seconded, word for word.

Part of the problem is most writers don't read Wonder Woman, so it's usually the World's Finest and the TV Tropes page for Diana tagging along.

Well, it was basically three friends hanging out, which was fine for me .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It hurts because it's true. She's a rich character but your Scott Snyders, Geoff Johns and generally Grant Morrisons and the like will never seem to figure it out.

It hurts because it's true. She's a rich character but your Scott Snyders, Geoff Johns and generally Grant Morrisons and the like will never seem to figure it out.
    I think people overthink Diana too much, but maybe that's just me.

A lot of her mythos are really problematic if you start looking at it, vehiculating rather bad messages, so it doesn't help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A lot of her mythos are really problematic if you start looking at it, vehiculating rather bad messages, so it doesn't help her.
    Are we talking all the bondage...?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess but the bare bones of her mythos are pretty simple, she's from an isle of warrior women and she has powers from the gods. if Johns could spin the color green into an epic scifi mythology, you should be able do something with Diana. real world mythology is full of amazonians and gods, it's not like there isn't enough there to build off if you remove the problematic elements.

currently following:

I think people overthink Diana too much, but maybe that's just me.
    I've long said "Diana's just too hard to write" is just an excuse writers with big egos say to excuse it when stories they write featuring her don't set the world on fire or are poorly received.

Especially when then there's been writers who did better with her than a lot of the big name A-listers.

Are we talking all the bondage...?
    Eh, no, not really. More the ingrained elements of Paradise Island's society being, well segregationist (and don't come telling me it isn't true. Just change the gender exclusion by skin color and I dare you to tell me that it isn't problematic).