37) Deadpool Nerdy 30 (one-shot)
    40) X-Men Legends 2
    43) Wolverine Black White Blood 4
    61) SWORD 4
    67) Hellions 10
    75) Excalibur 19
    84) X-Factor 8
    88) Cable 9
    Aside from the #1s the sales for the rest of the line looks awful. I guess I’m not the only one experiencing Krakoa fatigue. Nothing feels exciting because the characters read off to me, all the bad guys are pretty forgettable, and no tension or stakes because people die and then resurrect.

Astonishing Member

Aside from being a number one, which makes it lucrative to overship for the collectors, the Demon Days oneshot was recieved pretty well across the board, so it's no surprise it did pretty good.

But yes. The rest of the numbers look pretty bad. I guess X-force can be explained as doing well thanks to Wolverine, despite the mediocre stories most of the time.

I'm surprised by how well X-Force is still selling. Guess Percy still has his fans.

Sad SWORD, Hellions and X-Factor have fallen so low in the ranks. As much as I'm fine with crossovers in SWORD, I'm not sure it was a good decision to do it so early in the run. All the writers deserve better.

Though Excalibur being there gives me some hope the book can get reshuffled eventually, it needs it. I'm sure fans of the run would appreciate it being more focused on what it really wants to be and fans of less used characters would appreciate their favorites not being chained to a title that isn't interested in developing them.

Speaking of Percy, I don’t see Wolverine on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Speaking of Percy, I don’t see Wolverine on that list.
    it was skip month.

Demon days isn't a x-men book, just use x-men characters. Very nice see a asian writing asian characters

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Aside from the #1s the sales for the rest of the line looks awful. I guess I’m not the only one experiencing Krakoa fatigue. Nothing feels exciting because the characters read off to me, all the bad guys are pretty forgettable, and no tension or stakes because people die and then resurrect.
    I don't understand why people say that at all like it's a comic book there is no tension when it comes to death any way because we know they will be brought back any way.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I don't understand why people say that at all like it's a comic book there is no tension when it comes to death any way because we know they will be brought back any way.
    Yeah but people still taken off the board, there are appropriate reactions and consequences even when they are brought back at a later date. Now people dying left and right, it has 0 impact.It’s even cheaper now than it already was.

It's too bad they got greedy and tried to launch 90's-level numbers of spin offs from HoX/PoX. Spreading Hickman's concepts across so many different writers/books diminished the strength of his own book, and without the focused, robust flagship, the derivatives are floundering.

I feel like if Hickman just had two books(like X-Men/Uncanny) to tell his story, he might could have stayed at the top of the charts(and on top of things creatively). I wonder, from Marvel's perspective, if they would rather have two books consistently selling 100k copies each month, or 10 books hemorrhage readers every month. I guess in the end they are casting a wider net with more books, but at what cost? Sword has been great every issue, sad to see it didn't capture a large audience.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah but people still taken off the board, there are appropriate reactions and consequences even when they are brought back at a later date. Now people dying left and right, it has 0 impact.It’s even cheaper now than it already was.
    Well they still have to find ways to people die or to fight to not die. Like Storm coud had just ressurrect but she views the lone proccess as a lower way so she fights for her life.
    On x of swords here was the threat of permanent death

Maybe i'm just not reading this right since there are no numbers. All of your X-books, even books such as DeadPool, unknowns like Cota, and something completely off brand like Demon Days all in the top 90 but that's doing bad? Well ok.

I'm just really trying to figure this out. Like if the main line has 40 books and only 2 are in the top 100, just saying but another line where you only have 10 books and all 10 are in the top 100. I would think you would consider that a success monetarily, But again no numbers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

deadpool nor demon days are x-men books.

Books being on top 100 is the most basic requirement

The fact is that HoX/PoX both dominated the charts upon launch. There was a time X-books consistently had most of the top 10 on lock. So yes, having the flagship book not even in the top 20 is bad, let alone books being in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Maybe i'm just not reading this right since there are no numbers. All of your X-books, even books such as DeadPool, unknowns like Cota, and something completely off brand like Demon Days all in the top 90 but that's doing bad? Well ok.

I'm just really trying to figure this out. Like if the main line has 40 books and only 2 are in the top 100, just saying but another line where you only have 10 books and all 10 are in the top 100. I would think you would consider that a success monetarily, But again no numbers.
    With no numbers I don't have much to say about this guestimate Comichron is coming up with, but with all the hype HoXPoX had, X-Men should be outselling every Marvel ongoing (except Spider-Man, especially with that new suit spec hype). Is there no secondary X-Book that can come up with something more exciting than Daredevil?

I won't attack the sales, they are what they are and we don't actually know what they are, but if there was some hope the X-Franchise would rise to the top or something, people are not seeing an sign of it turning out to be true.

because that's not the point. Everyone knows that sooner or later the Five are going to be attacked( both threats on and off the island) which is going to turn krakoa on its head but not this soon.

Right now it's about celebrating the fact that unlike the last multiple decades the mutants are not facing extinction and being everyone's punching bag.