Page 123 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2481

Exclamation Dr. Quinzel: All's Well

Well, Colm Feore was rather impressive as the Dollmaker, and the continuing development of Fish Mooney is still interesting, although I'm having difficulty connecting her characterization to the overall silhouette of Gotham City.

The introduction of all these villains (Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dollmaker, Red Hood, Joker, Scarecrow, etc.) should require the writers to come up with more stories involving the young Bruce Wayne snooping around police files or investigating the maintenance of Arkham Asylum at least.

That's why I keep thinking that a great move for the writers of "Gotham" (Fox TV) would be to introduce Dr. Harleen Quinzel (the future Harley Quinn) and present her as a significant character foil in Arkham for the pensive Dr. Leslie Thompkins.

Harleen Quinzel

hq.jpg

thompkins-gordon.jpg

I just started watching this show....I really wanted to hate it, but after watching it....I am addicted! Another superhero show without superheroes....it is just damn good! I keep thinking that in future seasons there will be a batman.....
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    I just started watching this show....I really wanted to hate it, but after watching it....I am addicted! Another superhero show without superheroes....it is just damn good! I keep thinking that in future seasons there will be a batman.....
    Just let yourself love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    what if Gotham is actually a prequel to the 1960s Batman tv series?: http://io9.com/what-if-gotham-is-act...tma-1689145092
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm not seeing it at all. The '60s show was a comedy, while Gotham isn't.
    I think it may be an attempt at talking smack about Gotham in that it's kinda wacky even with how dark it is. I'd argue a prequel to Burton's Batman would be more likely that the 66 series.

Unless they're trying to say it's like Bates Motel being a modern prequel to Psycho, the vintage wine they drank was from 1966 so it can't literally be.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Fish seems like she was just created to get skewered by Penguin. When she escaped, Butch should have gotten it. I understand that it's a comic book style series, but I'd like it if they took an extra page from the Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire. Let's see some fatalities already. Introduce a new criminal element as a foil to Cobblepot's storyline next season.
    Well we've still got some time left this season but I think people were to quick to assume Fish was made to die.

And we did see a couple of deaths in the pilot

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I think it may be an attempt at talking smack about Gotham in that it's kinda wacky even with how dark it is. I'd argue a prequel to Burton's Batman would be more likely that the 66 series.
    That I can see a lot more easily than the old TV show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

what if Gotham is actually a prequel to the 1960s Batman tv series?
    They seem to be drawing from several wells.

Well we've still got some time left this season but I think people were to quick to assume Fish was made to die.
    That seems pretty accurate.

And we did see a couple of deaths in the pilot
    We did. And Crane killed a few people as well, just nobody important.

That was one of the thrilling things about both of the shows I mentioned. Nobody was really safe.

A good death can be a wonderful thing.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Gordon had no problem trading in one Harvey for another. That's cool he can trust Dent, though, and Bullock came to their rescue, which was nice.

No squeamish moments this week Though the rag-doll look of Jefferey Combs was a bit of a shocker. Dr. Dullmacher (sp?) has some really good skills and can do more intracte transplanting that is currently possible.
    Yeah, that was like something out of Reanimator. Very freaky! Dulmacher was fun, and fleshed out more than the one on Arrow. But that's because I guess they have a little arc for him here, especially since Fish ain't escaping that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    what if Gotham is actually a prequel to the 1960s Batman tv series?: http://io9.com/what-if-gotham-is-act...tma-1689145092
    It can't be because in the 1960's series Edward Nygma is a high school dropout, and on Gotham, he clearly has some kind of advanced degree. Plus, ya know, billions of other reasons.
    Last edited by 90'sCartoonMan; 03-05-2015 at 09:45 PM.

That was one of the thrilling things about both of the shows I mentioned. Nobody was really safe.

A good death can be a wonderful thing.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Anyone else thing that Oswald hair is getting WEIRDER?
    That is one odd hair style.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Anyone else thing that Oswald hair is getting WEIRDER?
    That is one odd hair style.
    Maybe it's a metaphor for how his life is getting out of control

That seems pretty accurate.
    Well, I don't know what's going to happen to Fish but apparently Jada told "Kelly&Michael"
    spoilers:
    that she won't be coming back for the second season and was just on a one year contract
    end of spoilers
    Again, possible spoilers if you haven't heard it elsewhere but http://youtu.be/95h9xzLrDdo?t=5m46s
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 03-06-2015 at 10:59 AM.

The way she phrased it at the end, I'm inclined to think that Fish spoilers:
    is written out instead of killed off. It's a shame though, I wanted Selina to have at least some interaction with Fish considering how hard she channels the Eartha Kitt CW. But then again, the season's not over yet.
    end of spoilers
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    The producers said that Batman won't show up until the very end of the show, like the show's final episode and final scene, basically Gotham runs the time before Bruce's first night out as Batman...

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Possible Huge Spoiler

Click Here

Again, possible spoilers if you haven't heard it elsewhere but http://youtu.be/95h9xzLrDdo?t=5m46s
    Thanks for not spoiling it. It popped up on my facebook feed too, so there was no avoiding it.

Maybe I'll get my wish after all.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Yeah I was trying not to spoil anything, got a post from ComicBookMovie in my feed since it mentioned Gotham and I've liked Gotham on Facebook. Mind you I record Kelly and Michael and watch them at the end of the day so I would have seen it then but I tried not to spoil anything for anyone else and she does try to be vague.

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    The way she phrased it at the end, I'm inclined to think that Fish spoilers:
    is written out instead of killed off. It's a shame though, I wanted Selina to have at least some interaction with Fish considering how hard she channels the Eartha Kitt CW. But then again, the season's not over yet.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah at least something between those two. spoilers:
    If she's written out and not killed then maybe it could happen in future seasons after Selena is a bit older and needing some sort of guidance. I thought how Fish turned Liza into a weapon could have been something she could have done with Selena which would make more sense than Barbara saying looks can be a weapon.
    end of spoilers