Page 479 of 598 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Anyone notice the nod to Lost with Cayden James going undercover as Ben Gale last night?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Don't tease me with the outsiders and then take it away
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Yeah, getting more than annoyed with Rene going out of his way to be a dick. Like bro, you have your team, you are on your own, that's what you wanted. Dial down the dick antics.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Cayden received evidence that Oliver killed his son on a USB drive that was mailed from Corto Maltese? So either Malcolm is still alive, or he set his final revenge in motion before he died.
    Do we think that this was Chase? He could have put this in Motion last year- a little parting gift, and killed Cayden's son back then, mailing the evidence to Cayden suggesting it was Oliver. It does seem like his style messing with Oliver like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The FBI is too busy investigating Oliver Queen to worry about something as trivial as a major city under siege by a known terrorist.
    We've discussed before why on the DC shows, the Feds or state forces never really show up. Aliens can invade, drug crazed ninjas run around and no troops or agents? Why - because it's the plot!

I'm finding this villain to be a tad boring. If I were Ollie and Cayden was in my office, I would have tossed him out the window. I would then say that he was despondent due to his son's death and committed suicide to make me feel guilty. He was deluded to think I was Green Arrow.

Retired

I was hoping that the Sinister Six would realize that Cayden James is their Lala, causing all this mayhem in the city for no real benefit to them. I'm sure a super-hacker like James could get the gang as much money as they would ever want, he doesn't have to blackmail a city that should be bankrupt by now, given all it's had to deal with. Instead he's on this ridiculous vendetta for something he's too stupid to realize was fake. Richard Dragon should have come in at the end, grabbed him by the neck and taken him out.

Maybe I despise Cayden James so much because of his name. All my life I've had people mix up my name and call me Kelly James. This guy is nearly my Reverse-Flash.

The episode was good enough. I liked how Will is extremely competent in an emergency--and of course he saves the kid that was giving him a hard time. But when I got to the end of the episode, I didn't feel anything---whereas THE FLASH and BLACK LIGHTNING make me feel things. ARROW has become a very empty experience for me. It's not terrible--it has some nice fight choreography--it's good enough, but it doesn't matter to me what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was hoping that the Sinister Six would realize that Cayden James is their Lala, causing all this mayhem in the city for no real benefit to them. I'm sure a super-hacker like James could get the gang as much money as they would ever want, he doesn't have to blackmail a city that should be bankrupt by now, given all it's had to deal with. Instead he's on this ridiculous vendetta for something he's too stupid to realize was fake. Richard Dragon should have come in at the end, grabbed him by the neck and taken him out.
    Well, that could still happen. At the very least, the promo for next week's Arrow shows Black Siren looking torn.

I actually liked the episode. All of it, except for Team Not-Arrow being way too salty.

Anybody get the idea that maybe the writers are intentionally trying to make us hate NTA? Like maybe they hadn't planned on Wild Dog and Dinah becoming popular, and because they did they were forced to promote them to series regulars and now they are looking for a way to dump them?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Oliver Queen you buffoon!!!! You don't give ten million dollars to a terrorist.
    I love it when Ollie tells you he won't do something and then reverses himself all in the same day.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I actually liked the episode. All of it, except for Team Not-Arrow being way too salty.
    To be fair, the recruits were established to be whiny idiots last season as well, so at least it's consistent.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Poor Pike. He survives his coma and then he's unceremoniously killed off in an elevator because a random dude didn't listen to him. He deserved better .

I'm going to take Oliver and William playing with toy arrows as the first instance of Oliver training William. Also, it's hilarious that Oliver is terrible with a toy bow. Professor Stein could give him a lesson or two .

So, uh...is Quentin just interim captain of the SCPD until they can find someone to replace Pike? The dialogue almost made it sound like Oliver was just immediately giving him his old job back.

I forgot William was still going by his mom's last name. I was expecting after Ollie took him in that he'd be William Queen now.

So...Cayden apparently was not involved in leaking Oliver's identity to the press and someone sent Cayden a USB drive showing the Green Arrow accidentally killing his son even though he was in an entirely different city at the time. Something's up. I'm wondering if there's a hidden villain behind everything and they're the true Big Bad of season 6 or if this was one of Chase's contingency plans in-case Oliver beat him.

Black Canary stopping a train with her Canary Cry was a pretty awesome moment .

William helping organize the other kids out of the bus and to safety was a really nice scene. It shows that he's a really responsible and heroic kid, and his father's son.

Huh, I thought William had been in the Arrowcave before. His dad should get him into Central City to visit STAR Labs too.

It's great to see Spartan back in action in a new suit, though throwing in a dash of red seems kind of random. Though not out-of-character for Cisco to develop a more colorful Superhero costume.

I doubt Cayden would have let Vigilante in if he didn't have his absolute loyalty, so I'm guessing Vince is still playing Dinah, and this is just him pushing her other buttons. But Vince being undercover does make more sense then whatever ambiguous reasoning for why he's working with a bunch of criminals.

Is anyone going to miss that random guy Vigilante killed at the end? He seemed like he was just there so that the Legion of Meh would have another body.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yeah, getting more than annoyed with Rene going out of his way to be a dick. Like bro, you have your
    team, you are on your own, that's what you wanted. Dial down the dick antics.
    Yeah, what right does Rene have to be hostile to Oliver when he's the one who's testifying against Oliver for the FBI?

It's like, Oliver's keeps trying to be the bigger person and the "New Team Arrow"/Outsiders/whatever their team is called keeps being a jerk to him about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody get the idea that maybe the writers are intentionally trying to make us hate NTA? Like maybe they hadn't planned on Wild Dog and Dinah becoming popular, and because they did they were forced to promote them to series regulars and now they are looking for a way to dump them?
    Honestly I just find the recruits kind of comical at this point.

Like, they seem to be riding on high for being away from Oliver and doing their own thing but I just don't get the sense that they really know what they're doing.

They gave Ollie all that trouble over lying and Curtis is already keeping secrets 5-minutes into the new team. They're also keeping Vigilante being their informant a secret from Oliver and Team Arrow.

And then they get into a big argument and come to the conclusion that they should run the team by consensus which, while admirable, doesn't seem very practical.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

I love these shows, and I never miss them... but I never confuse them for "great TV shows" like Breaking Bad, or Mr. Robot... its just some light fare that a superhero/comic nerd like me can enjoy on its own terms (plus, there's not much else on at 8...lol).... the plot holes and silly decision making are just part of what makes a CW show, a CW show.

That said.... the fight choreography has gotten better as this show goes on... last season its was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yeah, getting more than annoyed with Rene going out of his way to be a dick. Like bro, you have your team, you are on your own, that's what you wanted. Dial down the dick antics.
    Him and the other god awful supporting characters are why I stopped watching. I really wish most of them would have been blown up on that island last season and we would have a return to Oliver, Diggle, and Thea or Roy.

Extraordinary Member

Cayden James really makes a person rethink just how intimidating and cool leather jackets are, huh?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.