Page 442 of 772 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'd never seen the actual scan before but I've heard Bobby once asked Ororo to tutor him which is what originally sparked my idea. However, I'm cringing at the art! Storm's brown eyes and both their faces. #aMess

Perhaps the using the word 'tutor' was a mistake. I should have said 'discuss' or something along those lines since tutoring does imply that Storm would lack sufficient knowledge about that area of her powers. So, apologies for that if you or anyone else was offended.

That scan with Gladiator would be perfect for her to replicate again now that she's in radiation central aka outer space.
    1. yes they often get her eyes all the way wrong lol.

2. I want offended by the question. I thought it was a good one. I do think ororo could e more imaginative in her use of powers which is definitely why a think some type of discussion would be beneficial. just like she became aware she could manipulate ocean currents when opened her mind to how her powers work I think a similar thing could happen with mags or Vulcan, etc.

3. she's manipulated solar winds which is just radiation from the sun. but to use it like an energy blast as the skrull did that would be sick.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Who else is thinking Dormammu might get the Adversary treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, i saw a sailor moon moment in my mind and it is coates fault. lol. I saw storm going eternal. lmao. "People of the sol system, and galaxies from far away..." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. yes they often get her eyes all the way wrong lol.

2. I want offended by the question. I thought it was a good one. I do think ororo could e more imaginative in her use of powers which is definitely why a think some type of discussion would be beneficial. just like she became aware she could manipulate ocean currents when opened her mind to how her powers work I think a similar thing could happen with mags or Vulcan, etc.

3. she's manipulated solar winds which is just radiation from the sun. but to use it like an energy blast as the skrull did that would be sick.
    1: I guess remembering basic character traits are hard for some.

2: That's where I was going with my idea. But like Kly360 pointed out, we have (had?) lazy writers who can't think outside of the box.

3: That would be nice too.

If that happens then break out the raincoats and boots because it's going to be the Red Wedding part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Now, that's a damn good question... But, some entertain the idea that Storm would probably operate on a different scale while in space and most likely would manipulate solar wind to achieve levels of cold far beyond that of absolute zero.
    Do you think it's theoretically possible for them to bring back all the planets in soul or do you think the new cores, etc, needed for them to sustain life would interfere with each other. Like would it draw more energy from the sun to sustain the life on the planet. I really want to see the entire sol system brought back to life.

And i don't know after reading that link you provided i don't see why storm shouldn't actually be able to reach absolute zero fairly easily if it is fundamentally a matter of subtracting the heat necessary for an item to not maintain it's energy on a level that it is always containing heat. In Storm's case in stead of two forces working against each other she should be able to theoretically change the conditions to subtract heat while also providing cold. Though i suppose that would be much easier on Arrako where she created the climate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not going to lie, i saw a sailor moon moment in my mind and it is coates fault. lol. I saw storm going eternal. lmao. "People of the sol system, and galaxies from far away..." lol
    coates be praised lol!

if she does like a spirit bomb attack powered by the sol citizens i would literally die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    1: I guess remembering basic character traits are hard for some.

2: That's where I was going with my idea. But like Kly360 pointed out, we have (had?) lazy writers who can't think outside of the box.

3: That would be nice too.

If that happens then break out the raincoats and boots because it's going to be the Red Wedding part 2.
    yea writers have been the ones who have really crippled the character. the shift in this treatment and the rate at which it is changing however is one that is encouraging and exciting.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

coates be praised lol!

if she does like a spirit bomb attack powered by the sol citizens i would literally die!!!

yea writers have been the ones who have really crippled the character. the shift in this treatment and the rate at which it is changing however is one that is encouraging and exciting.
    LOL! Me too. I done seen it all. Moondragon broadcasting it telepathically throughout the system. "the queen of sol is still... fighting. Believe in her!" lol. Whoo! that's why fans don't write the issues though i guess. lol.

Galactic Ascension.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

LOL! Me too. I done seen it all. Moondragon broadcasting it telepathically throughout the system. "the queen of sol is still... fighting. Believe in her!" lol. Whoo! that's why fans don't write the issues though i guess. lol.

Galactic Ascension.
    lmfao did you see the latest run of db where the universe powered by love helped the big character (i forget her name) when she was fighting goku? your post put me in the mind of that and it has me rolling lol.

I like galactic Ascension and it doesn't have to be a thing she pulls out her hat all the time only when dire cosmic threats warrant it.

Incredible Member

Speaking of Adversary... I do see people downplaying it saying current Adversary isn't written at his classic levels.

I'll debunk that

1. Cable and X-Force #16 2013 it was stated that Adversary "had a mad-on for recreating our existence into his own" which means modern Adversary is still at his classic power level... And even the author compared his reality-warping powers to Q from Star-Trek to describe his powers in the same scan. Q from Star-Trek are powerful pan-dimensional beings whose power are high end multiversal +
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c1UrIjG1U...0-Ic42/016.jpg

Even more proof Adversary is still at his current power level. In the same scan Forge says "Anyhow... My people have battled the Adversary for generations, spent half of my life training for it. A few years back I brought the hammer thought I had him beat"

In this statement, he is talking about his battle against Adversary X-Factor Vol 1 121 (1996) which is a 17-year gap to 2013. The X-Factor storyline shows, Adversary defeats Roma easily and tanks her full-power attack. It is stated by Forge it is the same Adversary from their fight. So it would still be Current Adversary > Current Roma, who tanked an attack by Mastermind, who had a sword with the power split the multiverse trying to kill her, tanked the starlight citadel, the chaos wave, all the dimensions in existence clashing together on her.

Haven using his powers in this Storyline created a plane of existence which was the borderland separating existence and oblivion.

2. What makes this scan even more impressive is that the current Adversary in this story was only a fraction of himself. All of Adversary was in the prison dimension after his third attempt to bring chaos to all worlds and all-time strings. In the very scan, it is explained that a small piece of Adversary survived in Forge's mind and freed itself.

3. The Adversary Storm faced was the full one who freed himself from the prison dimension. The Adversary she faced was also way stronger. He went by the god name Sefako the Twice-Risen God, which he used his servant while in the prison dimension to gather followers to believe in him which would make him stronger with faith and divinity like Storm does in her Hadari Yao mode.

So his power level never changed which is why in BP it was shown to be the classic Adversary Storm faced in the '80s... In fact, he's even stronger now that he gained followers to praise him making his power even stronger than before.

Speaking of Adversary... I do see people downplaying it saying current Adversary isn't written at his classic levels.

I'll debunk that

1. Cable and X-Force #16 2013 it was stated that Adversary "had a mad-on for recreating our existence into his own" which means modern Adversary is still at his classic power level... And even the author compared his reality-warping powers to Q from Star-Trek to describe his powers in the same scan. Q from Star-Trek are powerful pan-dimensional beings whose power are high end multiversal +

Even more proof Adversary is still at his current power level. In the same scan Forge says "Anyhow... My people have battled the Adversary for generations, spent half of my life training for it. A few years back I brought the hammer thought I had him beat"

In this statement, he is talking about his battle against Adversary X-Factor Vol 1 121 (1996) which is a 17-year gap to 2013. The X-Factor storyline shows, Adversary defeats Roma easily and thank her full-power attack. It is stated by Forge it is the same Adversary from their fight. So it would still be Current Adversary > Current Roma, who tanked an attack by Mastermind, who had a sword with the power split the multiverse trying to kill her, tanked the starlight citadel, the chaos wave, all the dimensions in existence clashing together on her.

Haven using his powers in this Storyline created a plane of existence which was the borderland separating existence and oblivion.

2. What makes this scan even more impressive is that the current Adversary in this story was only a fraction of himself. All of Adversary was in the prison dimension after his third attempt to bring chaos to all worlds and all-time strings. In the very scan, it is explained that a small piece of Adversary survived in Forge's mind and freed itself.

3. The Adversary Storm faced was the full one who freed himself from the prison dimension. The Adversary she faced was also way stronger. He went by the god name Sefako the Twice-Risen God, which he used his servant while in the prison dimension to gather followers to believe in him which would make him stronger with faith and divinity like Storm does in her Hadari Yao mode.

So his power level never changed which is why in BP it was shown to be the classic Adversary Storm faced in the '80s... In fact, he's even stronger now that he gained followers to praise him making his power even stronger than before.
    who said he wasn't written at his classic level threats? how the heroes defeated him, his weaknesses everything was virtually a repeat of Claremont's uncanny 227.

Incredible Member

I do recall on the last Storm appreciation thread people were downplaying against you. This was me lurking on here before I created an account. I also see it on CV too.
    Last edited by KLY360; 07-30-2021 at 06:34 PM.

lmfao did you see the latest run of db where the universe powered by love helped the big character (i forget her name) when she was fighting goku? your post put me in the mind of that and it has me rolling lol.

I like galactic Ascension and it doesn't have to be a thing she pulls out her hat all the time only when dire cosmic threats warrant it.
    I actually did see that. lol. wow that was a while ago. I enjoyed especially seeing the new saiyans like Cabba and Califua. I was all setting up saiyan mating sessions with those from the 7th universe. lol. Please Goten get a saiyan woman i can't handle another Gohan.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I do recall on the last Storm appreciation thread people were downplaying against you. This was me lurking on here before I created an account. I also see it on CV too.
    ok yea your points are all valid and accurate. distractors will do everything they can to downplay her abilities but it becomes really hard when the books start to be more consistent with what her fans have been saying.

I actually did see that. lol. wow that was a while ago. I enjoyed especially seeing the new saiyans like Cabba and Califua. I was all setting up saiyan mating sessions with those from the 7th universe. lol. Please Goten get a saiyan woman i can't handle another Gohan.
    lmfso oh goddess not mating sessions lol

lmfso oh goddess not mating sessions lol
    LOL! only for you know, rebuilding the race in universe seven. ^_^ also to never have another gohan. Have i mentioned i can't stand Gohan. Storm would not want to be in the same room as Gohan.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.