Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    OkayWe are all having fun with this

But I am to be honest worried,

All the Defund the FBI talk, the FBI being a tool of the left, This being a liberal plot.

How long before someone gets angry at this talk. Goes into a local FBI office and takes revenge? or go after a local Democrat.

We are having fun right now. But I am worried in a couple weeks we wont be any more.

Already that crowd of ten people is growing pretty large at Mar a lago as the news Spreads.
    I don't think we're at any more or less risk of this kind of thing than before.

The right-wing nut crowd is constantly spewing this kind of talk...about schools, libraries, places of worship, etc...

To be honest this cant just be about classified documents. Because lets be real a lot of presidents do take stuff. Not on the Level Trump did but they all do.

That has to be a cover for something bigger they were looking for.
    It does sound like this has to do with Trump being ordered to turn over all of the documents he took, and that he hadn't turned back in yet. And apparently, some of the documents were so highly classified, sources didn't even want to hint at what they were in an open setting.

I 100 percent agree. I am not saying it shouldnt be done. I am just worried about the blow back.
    I hate to say it, but if there is blowback, let there be blowback. Let the right see what happens when you **** around with the government. At the very least, maybe an escalation of violence would shock some of the Republicans in office into toning down the rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I hate to say it, but if there is blowback, let there be blowback. Let the right see what happens when you **** around with the government. At the very least, maybe an escalation of violence would shock some of the Republicans in office into toning down the rhetoric.
    That, I have to doubt is possible anymore.

We saw in J6 that even when the violence is literally beating on the doors and coming for them...the moment things calm down, they're doubling and tripling down.

Astonishing Member

Kind of wish trump had his twitter so I can see his emotional breakdown he's surely having.

Fox news so take it with a grain of salt till confirmed.

This was not about Jan 6th. A report from CBS news is that this was about classified Documents at Mar A Lago.

Then of course went itno a rant about how Clinton had Classified Documents in her house and there was no raid. Double standard for Libs Blah Balh
    It is a reminder that Trump has screwed up in so many different ways that it needs to be clarified which has led to FBI agents raiding his house.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

i wonder how many GOP are bitching in public but are doing a happy dance in Private because this may damage Trump.
    One commentator suggested some GOP officials may be over the top in their denunciations to overcompensate for their excitement. Right now, they're trying to signal to Trump's supporters that they too are upset about this.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Remember when Trump said these things to Clinton?

“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it, and we’re going to have a special prosecutor,” Trump told Clinton while both were on stage in St. Louis.

“We’re going to get a special prosecutor, and we’re going to look into it, because you know what? People have been — their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you’ve done. And it’s a disgrace. And honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself,” he said to Clinton.”
    One of the campaign promises the Donald broke…

And…to be honest…always a bit surprised that the Clintons (especially Bill) are still largely venerated in Liberal circles.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really don't think the Clintons are that high profile anymore and they don't appear to be that interested into diving into the political arena.

These GOP blowhards that are bringing up the Hillary Clinton email are depending on their base not remembering that Hillary Clinton was investigated and nothing ever came of it. Just like with the Benghazi. She was never indicted and she turned over all requested materials. Trump is being investigated because he took classified documents with him to Mar a Lago. Some were returned earlier but he didn't turn over everything and they observed documents marked classified still at his private residence. But even that's not entirely true since Mar a Lago also functions as a club house where paying members can attend events. It's one of his tax dodges on the property.

There was a security issue there when he was a president and a woman believed to be a Chinese spy was arrested there for trespassing while carrying a bagful of electronics and around 8,000 in cash. She was convicted and deported.

i wonder how many GOP are bitching in public but are doing a happy dance in Private because this may damage Trump.
    The GOP are getting what they want. Donald's their martyr. Secretly they hate him, but they can feign outrage that he faces legal consequences for his actions, and all play themselves out to be "the real victims" as a political party "being targeted by the left" in this.

It's like I was saying, I hope that Trump doesn't get arrested until after the mid-terms, because Republican candidates will run on a "Only I CAN SAVE HIM!" campaign strategy.

Because it's a cult, and this is their messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    One of the campaign promises the Donald broke…

And…to be honest…always a bit surprised that the Clintons (especially Bill) are still largely venerated in Liberal circles.
    They aren't. Bill's a creep with the ladies, and Hilary is only used in "she was right, you know" memes to point out the number of times she said things about Trump hypothetically in power in 2016 that proved to be true. But they are not "venerated", by any stretch.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, I'm glad it's a slow news Monday so we could all take this time to s*** on Tom Cruise.

A slow news day. LOL. A book has Trump insulting wounded veterans and being jealous of Hitler, and that's a slow news day.
    (insert gif of Thor asking "is it, though??")

Jeff Clark on Fox news talking about how the FBI is out of control. The DOJ is a weapon of Biden who is attacking political opponents. The Deep Administrative State. Congress and When Trump becomes president again they need to reform the whole DOJ>
    Contrast this with all the very serious leftists on twitter saying Garland would never go after Trump about those documents, or anything else.

OkayWe are all having fun with this

But I am to be honest worried,

All the Defund the FBI talk, the FBI being a tool of the left, This being a liberal plot.

How long before someone gets angry at this talk. Goes into a local FBI office and takes revenge? or go after a local Democrat.

We are having fun right now. But I am worried in a couple weeks we wont be any more.

Already that crowd of ten people is growing pretty large at Mar a lago as the news Spreads.
    Frankly, the FBI is a lot better protected than, say, a library or a LGBT centre. If this takes the focus off the truly vulnerable, it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One commentator suggested some GOP officials may be over the top in their denunciations to overcompensate for their excitement. Right now, they're trying to signal to Trump's supporters that they too are upset about this.
    So calling for civil war is what, virtue signaling? Disvirtue? Unvirtue? Anti-virtue?

Wait.

What if there was something on Alex Jones' phone that was the final straw?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Contrast this with all the very serious leftists on twitter saying Garland would never go after Trump about those documents, or anything else.
    I’ve been saying for some time now that Garland wouldn’t make his move until he was 110 percent sure he had an airtight case against Trump. Looks like that was the case.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!