Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Does a team book have to achkowledge a team members significant other?

I don't believe Jessica Jones was mentioned a single time in Thunderbolts when Cage was leading the team. I'm not a DC guy... does Cat Woman show up in Justice League?

To me, I guess I just don't see it as a big deal. If they mention it it's nice, but if they don't in a team book at least it just doesn't seem like that big a deal.
    I think it would depend on the team. Thunderbolts wasn't Cage's primary book/team, and the same goes for most of the Justice League

Astonishing Member

It would be interesting to see if Bast and the Wakandan gods are actually gods, or if they're just aliens like the Asgardians.
    More likely than not, Coogler will follow the model already created, where magic is basically advanced tech. So Bast and whatever other gods exist are probably animal-looking aliens. Ideally though, I'd have no issue with Coates' interpretation of the gods as extraordinary humans who others have elevated to the point of godhood. As long as he leaves out the Originators stuff, which is problematic to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    More likely than not, Coogler will follow the model already created, where magic is basically advanced tech. So Bast and whatever other gods exist are probably animal-looking aliens. Ideally though, I'd have no issue with Coates' interpretation of the gods as extraordinary humans who others have elevated to the point of godhood. As long as he leaves out the Originators stuff, which is problematic to say the least.
    Leave out the originator BS entirely. I lost all respect for the fanbros show when they actually tried to defend this shit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Does a team book have to achkowledge a team members significant other?

I don't believe Jessica Jones was mentioned a single time in Thunderbolts when Cage was leading the team. I'm not a DC guy... does Cat Woman show up in Justice League?

To me, I guess I just don't see it as a big deal. If they mention it it's nice, but if they don't in a team book at least it just doesn't seem like that big a deal.
    But there is a difference between not acknowledging a spouse/friends-with-benefits and going around kissing other characters. Even if no one is commenting on Storm's rekindling with T'Challa I think it's fair to expect that she's not having physical contact with other X-Men. There's a certain level of consistency that has to be maintained in a shared comicverse and relationship status is one of those things that shouldn't be hard to keep up with, unless you're willfully disregarding the actions of other writers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Leave out the originator BS entirely. I lost all respect for the fanbros show when they actually tried to defend this shit.
    Yeah, it'd reflect extremely poorly on Wakanda if they went that route, so best leave that out alongside White Wolf, Nakia-Malice, and other ideas that bring unneeded controversy. But the general concept of Wakandans using their faith to fuel godhood is a solid one that differentiates them from "faux" gods like the Asgardians and opens new story possibilities.

Deadline is estimating that Black Panther Will make $461m in profits when all is said and done.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-rai...nd-1202339172/

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Deadline is estimating that Black Panther Will make $461m in profits when all is said and done.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/tomb-rai...nd-1202339172/
    Disney has no excuse for not improving on the sequel with that amount of money i.e CGI.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 03-17-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Do you see how well the russo's look after Captain America. I wish Coogler treated T'Challa half as well as they do cap.
    For a origin is story that all marvel Solo marvel movies are, Coogler did beyond fine. Now that the origin is out of the way this is where the sequels Crank it up even further. And Coogler treated T'Challa amazingly. We have the added bonus of Also Caring about hos supporting cast rather then them getting the warriors 3 treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Disney has no excuse for not improving on the sequel with that amount of money i.e CGI.
    Well the buget was what, 100 mil? I'm sure the sequel will have double the Budget Honestly. It's more the. Earned it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well the buget was what, 100 mil? I'm sure the sequel will have double the Budget Honestly. It's more the. Earned it
    More like $200 mil.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It might be just be but from Iron Man 1 - Black Panther all the cgi looks fake. None of it looks any realer than the other imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

It had a budget over twice that. More than most marvel films to be honest, so I'm not entirely sure why the CGI at times was so-so. Maybe it was just rushed.

Budget was $200m. The advantage for Black Panther 2 is that Wakanda shouldn't have to be built from the ground up again, and I have to imagine that will allow for more time to be spent on the new visuals the sequel has to offer. And time is really what the issue is for CGI, as anytime there's a new breakthrough that will allow for better effects faster, the studios ask the houses to simply do more FX shots rather than doing the same # of shots better.

EDIT: Like, even within the first teaser, almost every shot in Wakanda has some sort of CGI component in addition to lavish sets and gorgeous costumes.

The other MCU films take cost-cutting measures via their settings. The Iron Man films have a lot of small interiors with so-so production design. The Avengers set almost the entirety of Act II within a grey helicarrier set. Thor 1 largely takes place in New Mexico, The Dark World takes place in a fairly monotonous version of Asgard, and Ragnarok has a similar budget to BP and similar problems with its effects work. Cap 1 is largely set work, the same as Cap 2. The Guardians films get a lot of mileage out of the cramped grimy interiors of the spaceships and the vacuum of space.

I'd be very curious to see what the Warrior Falls set and compositing cost on its own, as that thing must have been a nightmare to construct and operate with tons of shots and coverage between the two scenes set there. And it's something we might never see in the sequel.

EDIT: Also, any deleted scenes that were cut late are going to have had money spent on them. The assembly cut was four hours. How much money went into stuff we didn't see or only got a glimpse of (like T'Challa's office, which we barely see when Nakia retrieves Ross after Killmonger wins the throne)

Last edited by robreedwrites; 03-17-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

It had a budget over twice that. More than most marvel films to be honest, so I'm not entirely sure why the CGI at times was so-so. Maybe it was just rushed.
    The CGI could be better sure, but one wonders how much time they had to spend on the sets/Wakanda themselves.

Shootey lasers didn't always look real, but the background always did, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The CGI could be better sure, but one wonders how much time they had to spend on the sets/Wakanda themselves.

Shootey lasers didn't always look real, but the background always did, IMO
    Yeah, the sets and costumes were amazing. Fingers crossed they at least get an Oscar nomination for that aspect of the film.