Page 648 of 820 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698748 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 12295
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    British Betsy should bring back her perm.
    I loooove that Uncanny X-Men issue where the X-ladies take the day off and go shopping and go getting their hair done. And Betsy definitely rocked the perm.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I loooove that Uncanny X-Men issue where the X-ladies take the day off and go shopping and go getting their hair done. And Betsy definitely rocked the perm.
    Yes her hair and that issue in general is all kinds of fabulous.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Mystery in Madripoor 4 - a preview is up here: https://www.newsarama.com/41406-hunt...4-preview.html

mystery in madripoor 4 - a preview is up here: https://www.newsarama.com/41406-hunt...4-preview.html
    i can't wait. This looks gooooood.

Oh damn. People are gonna flip if she isnt a warrior anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    people are already flipping

Mystery in Madripoor 4 - a preview is up here: https://www.newsarama.com/41406-hunt...4-preview.html
    thank god we got a different artist on this

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Okay, i’m slow. What exactly is it about the preview that makes you think she won’t be a warrior anymore?

I enjoy Leonard Kirk's art. He did a smashing job of redesigning Captain Britain years ago, which I wish had stayed. Anyway, the preview looks really good. I'm going to remain optimistic that the panel and little remark she made about not being helpless means that she still possesses fighting skills.

No sense in reverting her back to pre-siege perilous Betsy in every aspect. The skills she inherited from Kwannon were improved upon through her own hard training which helped her finally conquer one of her worst fearsome enemies, Slaymaster.

Also, while cute to see OG Betsy in classic form, she should know better than to wear that around a hostile psychic environment and throw on some armor, perhaps? Did she forget her common sense too? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I enjoy Leonard Kirk's art. He did a smashing job of redesigning Captain Britain years ago, which I wish had stayed. Anyway, the preview looks really good. I'm going to remain optimistic that the panel and little remark she made about not being helpless means that she still possesses fighting skills.

No sense in reverting her back to pre-siege perilous Betsy in every aspect. The skills she inherited from Kwannon were improved upon through her own hard training which helped her finally conquer one of her worst fearsome enemies, Slaymaster.

Also, while cute to see OG Betsy in classic form, she should know better than to wear that around a hostile psychic environment and throw on some armor, perhaps? Did she forget her common sense too? :P
    Agreed. Maybe she’s just temporarily overwhelmed from all the pain and trauma she just experienced and that’s why she seems so naive and almost childlike in that preview.

The art is beautiful. Love her face and hair.

Some articles about Uncanny.
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...nberg.html?m=1
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...takes.html?m=1
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...chaos.html?m=1

I only skimmed through them, but there didn’t appear to be anything explicitly mentioned about Psylocke, however feel free to read between the lines and speculate away.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.

As I understand it,Betsy has no body to return to,because the Asian one is drained of its life force.

Also,Psylocke's being hard-reset after this story does seem like a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    As I understand it,Betsy has no body to return to,because the Asian one is drained of its life force.

Also,Psylocke's being hard-reset after this story does seem like a possibility...
    You mean like having her memories erased or something like that? Being exactly how she was pre body swap?

I wouldn't go as far as memories,and while I do bet my money on her remaining a martial artist when this ends,the preview raises many question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as memories,and while I do bet my money on her remaining a martial artist when this ends,the preview raises many question marks.
    I don’t mind if she initially loses her martial prowess. Like let’s say she goes through an arc after this, where she trains to get her martial arts skills back. That could be interesting. But if her fighting skills are gone and stay gone, then that would be terrible mistake on Marvel’s part.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I don’t mind if she initially loses her martial prowess. Like let’s say she goes through an arc after this, where she trains to get her martial arts skills back. That could be interesting. But if her fighting skills are gone and stay gone, then that would be terrible mistake on Marvel’s part.
    That would be interesting to see her return to the rookie stage and see her rebuild her prowess & confidence as a martial artist. Heck, Wolvie, when he returns, could aid her in refining her martial art skill-set, would be a great way of having her and Logan interact on a more personal one-to-one basis. Nightcrawler could also help her re-improve on her swordsmanship skills.

On another note, from reading the preview, I feel more confident that this “body-swap” (or whatever which way she’s going to regain her Caucasian body) is going to be executed pretty well. I hope, by it’s conclusion, the pay-off at least satisfies Betsy fans who are more invested in Asian Psylocke & who are worried about how this important stage in Betsy’s storyline is going to be handled.

BANNED