Page 3 of 184 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I kind of agree and kind of don't.

I adore KSD's work. That's no secret. But admittedly, if Jess does get a solo book... I'd like it to take on a somewhat darker tone than KSD usually writes her with. She's gone there a little with Jess, like with some of her Infinity appearances, but not too much.
    Those Infinity appearances are what convinced me KSD would be perfect for a Spider-Woman solo. Jess' original book was dark not only in the opponents she faced, but in the character herself. There was always an element of self-loathing in the character which KSD caught well. Plus, KSD's voice leans toward the quirky and sarcastic, both of which fit well on Jess, in some ways even more so than they do Carol. This isn't to say I don't enjoy her Carol, because I do, both the previous and current volumes, just that I think her voice is an even better fit for Jess than it is for Carol.

As I'm writing, it also occurs to me that her penchant for quirkiness could also work well for Jess' rogues gallery. If she were to get another solo series, I would want it to go back to her horror roots. Can you imagine a Night Shift written by KSD!?

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see her head to England for a while.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'd like to see her head to England for a while.
    Yeah, she hasn't been there since she was a kid.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would so so so so LOVE to see a new Spider Woman series. I would be fine with KSD writing it as it would give her an opportunity to expand her abilities and take on darker stories with hints of quirkiness, but there are others who could do well I think chief among those is Hayden Blackmon as he is at Marvel now. (Would that be a bit of typecasting???)
    I also think Dexter Soy, while not ideal on Captain Marvel, could be stellar on a Spider Woman series. I would also love to see her taken back to some of her roots with her old rogues in the Needle, Brothers Grimm, Gypsy Moth or Skein or who ever she wants to be and of course Morgan Le Fey. But also she needs her mystery as well...being a private investigator is almost as ideal to this character (at least to me) as being a photog is to Peter Parker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Yeah, she hasn't been there since she was a kid.
    Come to London ;D

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would so so so so LOVE to see a new Spider Woman series. I would be fine with KSD writing it as it would give her an opportunity to expand her abilities and take on darker stories with hints of quirkiness, but there are others who could do well I think chief among those is Hayden Blackmon as he is at Marvel now. (Would that be a bit of typecasting???)
    I also think Dexter Soy, while not ideal on Captain Marvel, could be stellar on a Spider Woman series. I would also love to see her taken back to some of her roots with her old rogues in the Needle, Brothers Grimm, Gypsy Moth or Skein or who ever she wants to be and of course Morgan Le Fey. But also she needs her mystery as well...being a private investigator is almost as ideal to this character (at least to me) as being a photographer is to Peter Parker.
    I think that some of Jessica's old rogue galleries are somewhat tied to Spider-Man. Thus, I think that some of Spider-Man's rogues like the Hobgoblin, Mr. Negative, and Hammerhead should be a part of her rogue galleries as well.

Amazing Member

Hey guys, I just read all of Avenger's assemble after Captain Marvel piqued my interest. I was really into Jessica in both of those Kelly Sue series, what do you guys recommend i read now? What was Jessica up to after/during and maybe shortly before those two series?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by imawizard View Post
    Hey guys, I just read all of Avenger's assemble after Captain Marvel piqued my interest. I was really into Jessica in both of those Kelly Sue series, what do you guys recommend i read now? What was Jessica up to after/during and maybe shortly before those two series?
    Jessica moved on by becoming a member of the Secret Avengers. In addition, she's due to play an active part in Spider-Man's world beginning with Spider-Verse story arc. Also, Kelly Sue wants to write a Spider-Woman solo series; but her work schedule doesn't give her time to do so. Maybe once her run on Captain Marvel has ended, Kelly Sue will have time to write a Spider-Woman solo series. But I would only buy it if some of Spidey rogue galleries becomes a part of her rogue gallery, with Peter Parker, Carol Danvers, and the Black Widow become reoccurring guests.

Kelly Sue CANNOT leave Captain Marvel. Evah'!

It was a few years ago now... but you might want to read Secret Invasion and then the Bendis 'Spider-Woman' solo book that came out after it. Secret Invasion really did a lot to Jessica to inform her behavior during the Infinity parts of Assemble. The Bendis book explores a lot of what was in her head after that too.

KSD's take on Jessica is a lot lighter in tone than most writers have taken with her in recent years. She's been pretty angst-ridden... but with good cause. (And KSD did touch on some of that angst and inner turmoil during the Infinity stuff too.)

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Come to London ;D
    I want to see her as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in UK.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Amazing Member

thanks a bunch! should I read the Bendis and Hickman Avengers series, too?

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I didn't enjoy her much in Bendis' Avengers after Secret Invasion. I really liked his solo run, though. Check out the motion comic, if you're going to look into the series.

thanks a bunch! should I read the Bendis and Hickman Avengers series, too?
    Jess has her moments in the Bendis Avengers books. She's never really a carrier of the story, but she has some good character moments. I think some of the infamous 'talking heads' issues around Fear Itself give some excellent insight into what's going on in her head. As for the Hickman books... well... she's there. She really doesn't have much of a role, however.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that some of Jessica's old rogue galleries are somewhat tied to Spider-Man. Thus, I think that some of Spider-Man's rogues like the Hobgoblin, Mr. Negative, and Hammerhead should be a part of her rogue galleries as well.

I dont think any of her regular rogues have anything at all to do with Spider-Man, actually. Despite how much you really wish it to be, SW and most of her regular cast have never really done much with Spider Man at all.