Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

What the bloody hell just happened?! Did we get rebooted? Is this the New 52? DO I STILL EXIST?!

Good to see Britain does indeed prevail though. But it just means I have to go through all that work over on the AOM thread again.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    What the bloody hell just happened?! Did we get rebooted? Is this the New 52? DO I STILL EXIST?!

Good to see Britain does indeed prevail though. But it just means I have to go through all that work over on the AOM thread again.

Pretty much, yes.

This is all part of the grand effort to weed out the trolls and start a zero tollerence aproach to those who abuse these forums to post hateful comments or self-promote their own agendas.

Will it work?

I really hope so. But it does mean we've lost a lot of past material in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The start of CB's relaunch:

These are FANTASTIC. Thank you!
    "Orf wiv 'is 'ead!" that never fails to make me giggle.
    So turning it into my user title.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Future generations may never know how much we complained about Rick Remender's Captain Britain, Lobdel's Britannic, or Claremont's Brian and Meggan.

On the upside, lots of "Brian is a girlfriend-abusing alcoholic" posts have also gone the way of all flesh, so there is a positive side to it. Hopefully the forums will be a friendlier place.

Extraordinary Member

Future generations may never know how much we complained about Rick Remender's Captain Britain, Lobdel's Britannic, or Claremont's Brian and Meggan.

On the upside, lots of "Brian is a girlfriend-abusing alcoholic" posts have also gone the way of all flesh, so there is a positive side to it. Hopefully the forums will be a friendlier place.
    This is the hope.

Glad the MarvelUK thread is back

For a moment I thought this might have been a thread for fans of V.

Brian and Meggan>>>>than any other Marvel couple, ever.
    They should really get more attention.

I really hope so. Those discussion (especially when they appeared on the X-Boards) are prime examples of what needed stamping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Brian and Meggan>>>>than any other Marvel couple, ever.
    They should really get more attention.

Yes. They damn well should.

I ordered a (the? not sure if it's the only one?) MI13 annual. The one with Meggan.
    I need more Meggan.

So awesome, Panic! Thank you.
    What is that last one from, and is that a cigarette?
    I even love Meggan in her "pre-pretty" form.

It's from the Moore book you've got. She's only in a few pages, but she makes an impression.

I've been going through my photobucket account to post relevant images and that was one I had uploaded some time ago, probably to illustrate the big difference between Moore's original portrayal of her, and Claremont's soft and not very bright version. IIRC, Moore had never intended to do anything else with the character beyond that one chapter, but when Davis took over scripting the strip and had an idea for a shape-changing romantic interest he figured he might as well use Meggan as the basis.

That's how I understand it also, Panic.

I was always happy to see that she was continued with. It's a direct link between the previous creative run and the next. Which is always a good idea.

Thanks, Panic.
    I will try my hardest not to turn this into a Meggan thread.
    But she is pretty amazing, and just so damn perfect for Cap. <3

The start of CB's relaunch:
    Oh wow. The sheer speed of the change is brilliant - "yeah, Cap's got a new costume from panel 2 now; oh yeah, we've simplified the powers a bit; here's a complete status quo change and an alternate universe BECAUSE." They didn't waste time back in the weekly days!

Future generations may never know how much we complained about Rick Remender's Captain Britain
    How bad is he in Secret Avengers? Because he was pretty bad in Uncanny X-Force (which I otherwise loved). Going straight from Cornell's straight-up hero Brian - and Remender had even done a scene of Betsy creating a fake Brian who could forgive her because she'd done the right thing, which only works if he's morally upright - to a grumpy stubborn bastard forcing his will on people was a bit, well, crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    How bad is he in Secret Avengers? Because he was pretty bad in Uncanny X-Force (which I otherwise loved). Going straight from Cornell's straight-up hero Brian - and Remender had even done a scene of Betsy creating a fake Brian who could forgive her because she'd done the right thing, which only works if he's morally upright - to a grumpy stubborn bastard forcing his will on people was a bit, well, crap.

Not AS brutal as Uncanny X-Force. But pretty damn bad. He's shown as inept, treated shabbily by other heroes, disrespects war heroes and whines a lot.

Actually, it probably IS as bad.