Page 96 of 135 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This probably the best bet.

Ugh, there's really so much stuff to get through and nothing actually looks like it's kicking off or being prepped so I'm feeling like DC is running behind or not doing a great job of preparing their readers for the big changes that's about to come.

Yeah but if you go to their 5G tag and look at their articles after them mentioning Jo and how she may be the 5G Green Lantern you'll see that everytime they mentioned Green Lantern in other articles they would still bring up Keli and Jo as being contenders for that moniker, it's only with the recent articles that we see only Jo's name being mentioned as 5G green lantern.

Right now BC is the only one talking about 5G and the timeline, comicsbeat mentioned it once, so when you're only getting information from one place that you may not trust you should always use caution but I think most people seem sure about the Jon as Superman and Luke as Batman thing and everybody else is still up for debate. Just as you said BC themselves have talked about things being in flux.

I just wish we knew who was being looked at for the 5G flash outside of Owen Mercer Jr, or who's being being look at for Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
    To that first part I can definitely agree, as much as I’m interested in what’s going on or about to happen it’s kind of scattered all over the place at the moment. I mean let’s think about this for a minute.
    1. The main members of the Justice League are off to fix “everything” and make it all matter through a magic door in an effort to fight Perpetua. This may or may not be Metal 2
    2. Lex Luthor is fighting the Batman who laughs who is still doing his whole Dark Multiverse stuff, so who knows where that fits in
    3. Superboy Prime is back...not sure if he’s gonna do anything but if all this is happening and he’s back I’d keep an eye out
    4. Now Wally has the powers of the Mobius Chair and Doctor Manhattan and is going to attempt to fix the universe/timeline

And that’s not counting that Doomsday Clock happened and will count towards this as well.

So yeah not a lot of that fits cleanly together, and that is especially true if we remember the rumor that Metal 2 is supposed to happen first and then I guess whatever Wally is doing/the new crisis. Honestly I really hope in the next month or two they start talking about stuff to at least clear up the readers what is happening with all these various reality bending events. I’m ok with it happening, it’s been happening before and during I’ve been reading DC but a little open communication would be nice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Ugh, there's really so much stuff to get through and nothing actually looks like it's kicking off or being prepped so I'm feeling like DC is running behind or not doing a great job of preparing their readers for the big changes that's about to come.

Yeah but if you go to their 5G tag and look at their articles after them mentioning Jo and how she may be the 5G Green Lantern you'll see that everytime they mentioned Green Lantern in other articles they would still bring up Keli and Jo as being contenders for that moniker, it's only with the recent articles that we see only Jo's name being mentioned as 5G green lantern.

Right now BC is the only one talking about 5G and the timeline, comicsbeat mentioned it once, so when you're only getting information from one place that you may not trust you should always use caution but I think most people seem sure about the Jon as Superman and Luke as Batman thing and everybody else is still up for debate. Just as you said BC themselves have talked about things being in flux.

I just wish we knew who was being looked at for the 5G flash outside of Owen Mercer Jr, or who's being being look at for Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
    Well, if the Free Comic Book description is anything to go by, it seems as if Wally will successfully saves his kids in Flash Forward. I would 100% take Iris or Jai (or both) as the new Flash over Owen. I know Iris and Jai weren't exactly popular among fans when they first showed up, but they at least have some legacy. It would a great way to continue Wally's history, and add in legitimacy with his tenure as Flash. Besides, with the whole time skip, they can just age them up, give them new personalities, and just start from fresh with their characters.

Owen is just weird choice, and possibly the current rumor choice that I am the most against. In general, the lack of Legacy characters taking over their mentors have irked me. At least some of the rumor choices, like Luke as Batman, is tantalizing enough for me to look forward. Yet not Owen; Owen was a failed attempt to make an edgier Captain Boomerang, which is why he has done nothing since dying in Blackest Night. I know he's back with Rebirth's continuity, but what has he been doing since then?

On the subject of who could be the main Green Lantern in 5G, I've been passively against Jo being the main Lantern, mostly because I don't like the fact that there are seven Earth Lanterns (Teen Lantern is not an official part of the Corps). As is, there isn't enough room for the current six DC has. This especially annoys me because I feel like it will stop the momentum for Jessica Cruz's rise of popularity. Not saying there can be more than one female Lantern, I just don't like the fact that DC will focus more of their attention on one Lantern in 5G, who will be a very new character, in contrast to old fan favorites. I'm all up for nurturing new characters, but there is only one Green Lantern book currently on stands. John and Jessica are in Justice League books, whereas the rest have been mostly seen in cameos in other comics. DC doesn't know what to do with the six they have now, what hope do the others have once the six rise to seven?

Jo's in the future, isn't she? Doesn't make sense for her to be the main GL since she's not from the 21st century. Yes, it should be Jessica.

If Doomsday Clock is accurate, then Irey (who does seem to be aged up as her hair is a braid instead of twin tails) is Kid Flash, Jai (previously powerless) is Turtle, and both Barry and Wally are still The Flash (with Wally in a new costume which looks like the classic one but with his hair exposed). I'm wondering where this leaves the other Wally actually, the current Kid Flash (I guess there could just be two of them, Wallace being Barry's and Irey being Wally's). Irey's identity change is because Bart has returned to the Impulse identity, which he's presumably keeping.

One thing to consider with Batman is that April's solicits seem to show that Damian will no longer be Robin. So who will be Luke's Robin?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've never trusted Bleeding Cool. Especially Rich Johnston. Numerous creators have put him in his place on different message boards over the years especially Kurt Busiek who practically made him cry for being a baseless rumor monger.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jo's in the future, isn't she? Doesn't make sense for her to be the main GL since she's not from the 21st century. Yes, it should be Jessica.

If Doomsday Clock is accurate, then Irey (who does seem to be aged up as her hair is a braid instead of twin tails) is Kid Flash, Jai (previously powerless) is Turtle, and both Barry and Wally are still The Flash (with Wally in a new costume which looks like the classic one but with his hair exposed). I'm wondering where this leaves the other Wally actually, the current Kid Flash (I guess there could just be two of them, Wallace being Barry's and Irey being Wally's). Irey's identity change is because Bart has returned to the Impulse identity, which he's presumably keeping.

One thing to consider with Batman is that April's solicits seem to show that Damian will no longer be Robin. So who will be Luke's Robin?
    I'm not putting in a lot of stock on that Splash page in Doomsday Clock. That vision of the future felt more like what Geoff Johns wanted the DC Universe to become, or it was based on early ideas of what 5G would be. Though with that said, it is very suspicious that Doomsday Clock will feature the West twins again around the same time Flash Forward introduced them back. Maybe them becoming the new Kid Flash and Turtle is still very much the plan in the DC Universe.

If Irey does become Kid Flash, having two Kid Flashes wouldn't look good in a marketing sense, so I say Wallace West deserves a name change. Totally speculative, but I predict that Wallace will take up the Godspeed codename. I think the current Godspeed, August, will perish before the end of Williamson's run, and DC not wanting to waste a perfectly good codename/costume decides to give it to Wallace, leaving room for Irey to take over as Kid Flash. If not Godspeed, than there are literally dozens of other possible codenames for Wallace to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I've never trusted Bleeding Cool. Especially Rich Johnston. Numerous creators have put him in his place on different message boards over the years especially Kurt Busiek who practically made him cry for being a baseless rumor monger.
    Like, I get it, but Bleeding Cool were the first to break a lot of these news, and a lot of it has been proven right. They are the ones that reported on 5G before anyone else, and we now know 5G will definitely be something in the DC Universe.

With that said, since this whole thread is suppose to be speculative, I think it is perfectly okay if we take into consideration what Bleeding Cool reports. They are one of the only websites that provides fans with any information about 5G, so a lot of the information we share most likely stems from them. As long as we take everything from them in a healthy dose of speculation, and not claim it is 100% accurate, I think its fine to continue this discussion while referring to them.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I'm not putting in a lot of stock on that Splash page in Doomsday Clock. That vision of the future felt more like what Geoff Johns wanted the DC Universe to become, or it was based on early ideas of what 5G would be. Though with that said, it is very suspicious that Doomsday Clock will feature the West twins again around the same time Flash Forward introduced them back. Maybe them becoming the new Kid Flash and Turtle is still very much the plan in the DC Universe.

If Irey does become Kid Flash, having two Kid Flashes wouldn't look good in a marketing sense, so I say Wallace West deserves a name change. Totally speculative, but I predict that Wallace will take up the Godspeed codename. I think the current Godspeed, August, will perish before the end of Williamson's run, and DC not wanting to waste a perfectly good codename/costume decides to give it to Wallace, leaving room for Irey to take over as Kid Flash. If not Godspeed, than there are literally dozens of other possible codenames for Wallace to take over
    .Actually, from what I understand after reading DDC and JL #39 DC's continuity is broken because of what Dr. Manhattan did to Earth-0 to create the New 52 universe and what Perpetua has been doing to the Multiverse since Luthor freed her. Now everything since post-CoIE has happened, just broken up into different timelines in Hypertime (including the end of DDC).

Like, I get it, but Bleeding Cool were the first to break a lot of these news, and a lot of it has been proven right. They are the ones that reported on 5G before anyone else, and we now know 5G will definitely be something in the DC Universe.

With that said, since this whole thread is suppose to be speculative, I think it is perfectly okay if we take into consideration what Bleeding Cool reports. They are one of the only websites that provides fans with any information about 5G, so a lot of the information we share most likely stems from them. As long as we take everything from them in a healthy dose of speculation, and not claim it is 100% accurate, I think its fine to continue this discussion while referring to them.
    I simply was speaking for myself. Other's mileage may vary.

Hey with the FCBD cover image...you don't think DC would make a decision like replacing the now older version of a character with their Post-COIE or New 52 counterpart do you? Like not only is Jon running around but so is young T-Shirt and Jean's Grant Morrison Superman or something similar to All-new X-men by Bendis where its just the New Teen Titans/New Titans in the present day.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-07-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey with the FCBD cover image...you don't think DC would make a decision like replacing the now older version of a character with their Post-COIE or New 52 counterpart do you? Like not only is Jon running around but so is young T-Shirt and Jean's Grant Morrison Superman or something similar to All-new X-men by Bendis where its just the New Teen Titans/New Titans in the present day.
    Bringing past versions of characters into the present would only make things more convoluted, unless the present versions are all killed off and even then, that's sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bringing past versions of characters into the present would only make things more convoluted, unless the present versions are all killed off and even then, that's sketchy.
    Yeah it is kind of convoluted but it is just a thing that came to mind at the moment, and honestly just the kind of weird thing to happen in time related events. Either a past character, a future character, or one from an alternate reality is just kind of what I expect coming out of stories like this.
    Words to live by.

No I don't think that's what the cover is depicting. What I think the cover is all the different timelines currently existing simultaneously in hypertime.

Remember, DC's continuity is broken because of what Dr. Manhattan did to create the New 52 universe and what Perpetua has been doing to the Multiverse since Luthor freed her. Now everything since post-CoIE has happened, just broken up into different timelines in Hypertime.

If Irey does become Kid Flash, having two Kid Flashes wouldn't look good in a marketing sense,
    Tell that to Green Lantern (there's nine of them, if you count Tai from that graphic novel and Jo from Far Sector, it's still seven without them), Flash (four of them: Jay, Barry, Wally and Avery), Superboy (Conner and Jon), Robin (Damian in the comics, Dick in Teen Titans Go, Jason in live action Titans and Tim in the Young Justice cartoon and the Lego games), Batgirl (currently Barbara in the main comics, but one of the graphic novels just used Cassandra) and Shazam (the six kids have no codenames at all). Face facts - shared mantles are a thing now. Marvel have multiple Spider-Mans and Hawkeyes, do they have marketing problems? Nope.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Marvel have multiple Spider-Mans and Hawkeyes, do they have marketing problems? Nope.
    They do. It's why they tried out the name Kid Arachnid for Miles Morales. It's why Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen is now Ghost-Spider. On the DC side of things, I just bought a Flash action figure that doesn't have the word "Flash" anywhere on the packaging.

BANNED

Book wise they don't.

Lightbulb

So does anybody else think Young Justice was brought back for 5G and not as a result of anything else, b/c I've been thinking about how Tim's generation would benefit most out of this 5G thing as they would be direct peers to Jon and Luke when everybody gets aged.

So basically if DC ever did another one of these covers again...

Screenshot_20200208-024841_Samsung Notes.jpg

I would imagine for 5G it would be our new big 6, Tim's generation, anybody that was a part of Bendis Young Justice, Damian and his teen titans, and everybody else would be in the background.

To that first part I can definitely agree, as much as I’m interested in what’s going on or about to happen it’s kind of scattered all over the place at the moment. I mean let’s think about this for a minute.
    1. The main members of the Justice League are off to fix “everything” and make it all matter through a magic door in an effort to fight Perpetua. This may or may not be Metal 2
    2. Lex Luthor is fighting the Batman who laughs who is still doing his whole Dark Multiverse stuff, so who knows where that fits in
    3. Superboy Prime is back...not sure if he’s gonna do anything but if all this is happening and he’s back I’d keep an eye out
    4. Now Wally has the powers of the Mobius Chair and Doctor Manhattan and is going to attempt to fix the universe/timeline

And that’s not counting that Doomsday Clock happened and will count towards this as well.

So yeah not a lot of that fits cleanly together, and that is especially true if we remember the rumor that Metal 2 is supposed to happen first and then I guess whatever Wally is doing/the new crisis. Honestly I really hope in the next month or two they start talking about stuff to at least clear up the readers what is happening with all these various reality bending events. I’m ok with it happening, it’s been happening before and during I’ve been reading DC but a little open communication would be nice.
    Exactly, here's the thing tho, I don't need direct communication, I'm fine with the lack of communication, I always say unless the thing is finished don't announce or talk about it b/c usually Marvel and DC tend to alway delay something and then I wind up arguing about why they announce something they haven't finished or even started on.

Of course, if I didn't know about the rumors I probably wouldn't be confused about the lack of groundwork being put out or the fact that I have no idea what event BC is referring to, is it the hell arisen thing, is it metal 2, is Wally about to kickstart a new event, or is it something else. I haven't even read snyder's Justice League, the fact that there is something else going on with them when I just thought they were only pushing Year of the Villain is just so *sigh* annoying.

It's just for something so big you'd expect more thought would be put into it but from the outside looking in, it's looking very scattered and unorganized.

Well, if the Free Comic Book description is anything to go by, it seems as if Wally will successfully saves his kids in Flash Forward. I would 100% take Iris or Jai (or both) as the new Flash over Owen. I know Iris and Jai weren't exactly popular among fans when they first showed up, but they at least have some legacy. It would a great way to continue Wally's history, and add in legitimacy with his tenure as Flash. Besides, with the whole time skip, they can just age them up, give them new personalities, and just start from fresh with their characters.

Owen is just weird choice, and possibly the current rumor choice that I am the most against. In general, the lack of Legacy characters taking over their mentors have irked me. At least some of the rumor choices, like Luke as Batman, is tantalizing enough for me to look forward. Yet not Owen; Owen was a failed attempt to make an edgier Captain Boomerang, which is why he has done nothing since dying in Blackest Night. I know he's back with Rebirth's continuity, but what has he been doing since then?
    The thing with Owen is that I feel they want him connected to the whole Allen/West family and yet doesn't want the character directly connected, although if him being the half brother of Bart is still a thing I guess he is directly connected.

I also feel like they wanted a character who used to be a villain but is not and/or has a parent that's a villain and outside of Jackson Hyde there may not have been a lot to choose from at least from the big 6 side ...idk, I'm really just guessing.

This is why I would love to know what other characters were contenders and if this is their final choice.

On the subject of who could be the main Green Lantern in 5G, I've been passively against Jo being the main Lantern, mostly because I don't like the fact that there are seven Earth Lanterns (Teen Lantern is not an official part of the Corps). As is, there isn't enough room for the current six DC has. This especially annoys me because I feel like it will stop the momentum for Jessica Cruz's rise of popularity. Not saying there can be more than one female Lantern, I just don't like the fact that DC will focus more of their attention on one Lantern in 5G, who will be a very new character, in contrast to old fan favorites. I'm all up for nurturing new characters, but there is only one Green Lantern book currently on stands. John and Jessica are in Justice League books, whereas the rest have been mostly seen in cameos in other comics. DC doesn't know what to do with the six they have now, what hope do the others have once the six rise to seven?
    You're talking about how there are 7 green lanterns but after 5G there may only be 2 active ones (Jo and Keli), or 4 active ones if they bring back a Green Lantern Corps book with Jessica and Simon co-leading.

If all the characters are getting aged then it's very easy to see why Jo is the one chosen, Jessica (and Simon) are currently the ages the 5G characters will be (i.e early to mid 20's), which means once 5G hits they won't be in their 20's anymore, but unlike the other Lantern characters, they won't be as old so I can still see them being active. And outside of the trio, I have no idea what DC plans on doing with the older characters, are they gonna retire them, have them pop up occasionally, have them still be active when they're older *shrugs* cause all of that would effect Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle.

And if they're not aging our heroes like we think Jo is the character with minimal history, she's easily accessible to new readers cause all they would need to read is that Far Sector book, there's nothing about her relating to the New 52 which would then spiral into it's own thing, there's no history about her being young then old then young, good then evil then good again. And writers don't have worry about a big continuity with her so they're not stepping on any toes.

I have no idea where that rumor came from, but it's wrong, along with the other rumor about the book not being in continuity.

The book is in continuity, where in continuity is up to DC.

And if the book was taking place in the future, the fact that 5G is essentially about the next generation of heroes would make perfect sense for why Jo would be chosen.

I trust BC more than what's in Doomday Clock but it will interesting to see what from that book is accurate or will be used.

Who knows if that whole thing with Damian not wanting to be robin will actually be something that lasts and is not just a brief storyline, but if it's actually a thing, didn't one of the fox children want to be batgirl (or was that brief plot thing), I think it was Tiffany but either way, make her a robin.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-09-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Yes, the Futures End issue of Batgirl had Barbara leave the mantle behind, and she'd been training three successors. Cassandra, Stephanie... and Tiffany. I don't know if that came from a previous seed planted in her brother Batwing's book, which I haven't read.