Page 83 of 166 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2482

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Its really no point this board for the most part hates X-Men movies even though all the facts point to this movie being the most like the comic's we've seen
    In my case I will see the movie before I say something... honestly until now I'm not big fan of the X-Movies and hope I can have a good moment with this film...

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    With X-Men: Apocalypse... they are actually TRYING to do her RIGHT this time around. Lana is in the ensemble cast, and actually partied, ate, hung out with everyone in the main cast if you followed her online accounts. Crew members and extras also posted pictures of her and feedback of her performance, or how they hung out together. Jubilee's costume was taken right from the comics with some small tweaks, so anyone watching the film will automatically know who she is if they are a comic fan. She gets to use her powers, in some way or form, as per both Lana AND James McAvoy. She has a story arc of sorts, and most of her scenes are with the main teens as they interact, form relationships, and grow as friends/mutants. Those are important scenes that likely won't be getting axed, as anything with Jean, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler is pretty much locked in. So, Jubilee is too.

Bare minimum, her screen time is greater than the first three films, which is something to be happy for.
    True... I really want to see her in the movie and show what she capable!!!

I hope the Jubilee in the movie has the same personality that the Jubilee in the comics... and not lime the jubilee from the Generation X movie that has nothing to do with her...

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Go read the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#3 Jubilee is in it and yes she is still vampire .

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Go read the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#3 Jubilee is in it and yes she is still vampire .
    any chance that we can get some spoilers for those of us who avoid Squirrel Girl?

BANNED

Damn, was hoping Secret Wars was the perfect opportunity to give her her powers back without needing a big, convoluted explanation.

I'm all for status quo changes, but the whole vampire thing is kind of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Damn, was hoping Secret Wars was the perfect opportunity to give her her powers back without needing a big, convoluted explanation.

The vampire thing is such a complicated subject for me. on the one hand, I don't think they've done anything worthwhile with it except for that mini when she first became one, but I hate handwave explanations for return things to how they were.

if she were to be changed, ideally, I would like there to be an actual story arc where she returns to being normal or hell, even a mutant. But have it be something earned instead of just switched cause they could.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    any chance that we can get some spoilers for those of us who avoid Squirrel Girl?
    Mostly Jube's spotted Doom walking in the streets and decided to confront him but SG friend Whitehead(yes that's her last name, gross) convince her that he was a cosplayer so Jube took out her cell and took a pic. with him showing off her fangs and walk away leaving Doom pissed but let it slide cause he is no mood to fight. Very nice cameo but I'm worried that her son wasn't with her so I'm hoping he wasn't retconed and he's with a babysitter.

Mostly Jube's spotted Doom walking in the streets and decided to confront him but SG friend Whitehead(yes that's her last name, gross) convince her that he was a cosplayer so Jube took out her cell and took a pic. with him showing off her fangs and walk away leaving Doom pissed but let it slide cause he is no mood to fight. Very nice cameo but I'm worried that her son wasn't with her so I'm hoping he wasn't retconed and he's with a babysitter.
    Oh. Well, at least unlike most of the x-men she seems to be living a good life.

BANNED

Oh. Well, at least unlike most of the x-men she seems to be living a good life.
    It does make me wonder how she's getting around in the daylight without Logan's blood. Does Laura give her donations instead, now (MAN the LesYay shipper would have a field day with that one)?

It does make me wonder how she's getting around in the daylight without Logan's blood. Does Laura give her donations instead, now (MAN the LesYay shipper would have a field day with that one)?
    I think if not that they probably made her some sort of synthetic blood for her to drink. Though I do prefer her getting it from Laura.

And I just got a good idea for a fanfic with a pissy Warren not liking it.

BANNED

I think if not that they probably made her some sort of synthetic blood for her to drink. Though I do prefer her getting it from Laura.

And I just got a good idea for a fanfic with a pissy Warren not liking it.
    I'd read that just for Warren's reaction.

Remember, she also has the vampire tech amulet that lets her walk in daylight for a short time.

They could have cured her vampirism very easily as well with the ending of Avengers vs. X-Men, but they didn't. I have no idea why.

If her vamparism saves her from all this Inhuman mist bullshit, I'm all for it. Cure her after the current mutant plague is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    If her vamparism saves her from all this Inhuman mist bullshit, I'm all for it. Cure her after the current mutant plague is done!
    In my case I don't want they took away the vampire thing... but I want they develop her powers like they began to do in the mini series Wolverine and Jubilee... or get her power back and still be a vampire (teenager mutant vampire XD)...

The biggest problem is that she was on the hand of writers that don't know what to do with a vampire... but being a vampire developed a lot the character and show how she is so against to hurt and kill that she has to fight against herself everyday!!!

It's more than that. It's that writers just don't think she should be a badass. They've got characters in mind for the role of Team-Badass, and Jubilee is simply never it. And there's no getting around that. Just ask Sodam Yat, a Superman-level being who got a cosmic-ring on top of that, and still got treated as a joke, because he wasn't the writer's chosen-one for team-badass.