Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Witch King Malekith vs Witch King of Angmar

Which Witch King wins?

A game was human and his spells were more towards demoralize.

Malekith is not human and he can use his Magic’s to actually attack.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Wow, Angmar is a threat to a group of humans. Malekith is a threat to armies of Asgardians, or Thor. This is really not a fight. Mal could stand there and let Angmar hack at him until he can't lift his sword and just say "bro, I like the ghosty stuff, but are you finished?"
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wow, Angmar is a threat to a group of humans. Malekith is a threat to armies of Asgardians, or Thor. This is really not a fight. Mal could stand there and let Angmar hack at him until he can't lift his sword and just say "bro, I like the ghosty stuff, but are you finished?"
    Yeah Thor villain Malekith wins to, big time.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Oh, if that's not who we were talking about, I apologize.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Oh, if that's not who we were talking about, I apologize.
    Thor Villain Malekith is just Malekith.. Add the Witch King and you get Warhammer fantasy’s King of the Dark Elves.

Angmar was way more than only a threat to a group of humans. He easily defeated Gandalf and was about to kill him. He even shattered Gandalf's staff trivially just by speaking near him. And this was Gandalf the White, an even more powerful incarnation than the Grey (who fought a giant powerful Balrog for 10 days and defeated it). So power-wise, he seemed to be somewhere in between Sauron himself and Gandalf the White.
    Last edited by Sophicles; 07-09-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Angmar was way more than only a threat to a group of humans. He easily defeated Gandalf and was about to kill him. He even shattered Gandalf's staff trivially just by speaking near him. And this was Gandalf the White, an even more powerful incarnation than the Grey (who fought a giant powerful Balrog for 10 days and defeated it). So power-wise, he seemed to be somewhere in between Sauron himself and Gandalf the White.
    The problem
    Is Gandalf as the white has no real feats aside owning the Fellowship in his return and driving back the Army with Rohan but no Magic’s there.

Malekith comes from a race that is highly magic in nature and killed the High self King. Those guys literally wrote the rules on magic.

So given that and Angmar was a human turned Saurons pawn. Beating on the other Witch King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    The other issue is that that scene never happened in the book. Gandalf and the Witch-King never fought in the primary source which I’m assuming this is in absence of other specification.

But in all honesty even a composite Witch-King of Angmar doesn’t have too many combat feats, unless there’s some random video game where he’s soloing armies or something.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Didn't book Gandalf the White flat out state that the only way the Fellowship would face something more powerful than himself is if they walked into Sauron's throneroom, or something to that extent?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Didn't book Gandalf the White flat out state that the only way the Fellowship would face something more powerful than himself is if they walked into Sauron's throneroom, or something to that extent?
    Pretty much.

We don't know how powerful the Witch-King was in the books compared to Gandalf; at the time, he was basically mainlining Sauron's power, Could he have beaten Gandalf at the gates? No idea. The fight never happened.

We do have some feats for him. Problem is, those feats aren't enough to put him on the same level as a guy who can take on Thor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Pretty much.

We don't know how powerful the Witch-King was in the books compared to Gandalf; at the time, he was basically mainlining Sauron's power, Could he have beaten Gandalf at the gates? No idea. The fight never happened.

We do have some feats for him. Problem is, those feats aren't enough to put him on the same level as a guy who can take on Thor.
    Malekith the Witch King isn't the Thor villain *cough*

It's this dude:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Malekith

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

It's this dude:

Ah. Thanks.

Well, I got nothing, then.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Thor Villain Malekith is just Malekith.. Add the Witch King and you get Warhammer fantasy’s King of the Dark Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

It's this dude:

Thanks you both for clearing up that Witch King Malekith was which king Malekith that this thread about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Thanks you both for clearing up that Witch King Malekith was which king Malekith that this thread about.
    *burns the forum to the ground, salts the earth that nothing may ever again grow*