Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Example:

This was seriously right up there with Cyborg’s battle scene in “The Night Begins to Shine” on Teen Titans Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This was seriously right up there with Cyborg’s battle scene in “The Night Begins to Shine” on Teen Titans Go!
    I need to watch that show. Seen a lot of clips on youtube but I don't have DCU or HBO+. But what I've seen is amazing, and their approach to Vic seems pretty high on the list of "how you should write this character."

I feel like if you took Doom Patrol Vic, TTGO! Vic, and Flashpoint (comic) Vic and mashed them together you'd have the foundation of a really solid character with a lot of range and narrative options. Why do we get such good Cyborg stuff everywhere but the comics?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I need to watch that show. Seen a lot of clips on youtube but I don't have DCU or HBO+. But what I've seen is amazing, and their approach to Vic seems pretty high on the list of "how you should write this character."

I feel like if you took Doom Patrol Vic, TTGO! Vic, and Flashpoint (comic) Vic and mashed them together you'd have the foundation of a really solid character with a lot of range and narrative options. Why do we get such good Cyborg stuff everywhere but the comics?
    Probably the best serialized live-action DC content they've ever produced. It's outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Probably the best serialized live-action DC content they've ever produced. It's outstanding.
    Sh*t. It's *that* good? Dammit, you and I seem to agree on a whole lot.....maybe I'll have to buy the blu-ray.

What's the deal with these shows anyway? Doom Patrol is moving to HBO or something right? What about Titans? What little I've seen doesn't appeal to me much but if it's a good show I might jump in with season 3 for Nightwing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Sh*t. It's *that* good? Dammit, you and I seem to agree on a whole lot.....maybe I'll have to buy the blu-ray.

What's the deal with these shows anyway? Doom Patrol is moving to HBO or something right? What about Titans? What little I've seen doesn't appeal to me much but if it's a good show I might jump in with season 3 for Nightwing.
    Yup, Doom Patrol Cyborg is by far the best the character has ever been. Actually made me like him and that doesn’t happen much. Then again Doom Patrol is probably DC’s best show ever lol

HBO Max: Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans (rumored)
    CW: Stargirl
    Unknown: Young Justice, Swamp Thing

That’s where all the DCU shows are going, though to be fair I think all the DC content on DCU will end up on HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yup, Doom Patrol Cyborg is by far the best the character has ever been. Actually made me like him and that doesn’t happen much. Then again Doom Patrol is probably DC’s best show ever lol

HBO Max: Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, Titans (rumored)
    CW: Stargirl
    Unknown: Young Justice, Swamp Thing

That’s where all the DCU shows are going, though to be fair I think all the DC content on DCU will end up on HBO Max
    As long as Young Justice ends up somewhere so we can get season 4.

So how has Titans been? I think the Nightwing costume looks pretty damn good but is the show as bad as it looks?

~ Black Panther.

As long as Young Justice ends up somewhere so we can get season 4.

So how has Titans been? I think the Nightwing costume looks pretty damn good but is the show as bad as it looks?
    Titans is alright, definitely the weakest DCU show by far. Season 1 is meh and reminds me a lot of DCEU Snyder films, so if you loved those, you’ll like Titans. Season 2 was much better but tried to juggle way too many characters and do too much with so little time. I’ll just say that if you’re a fan of Nightwing, Jason Todd, Rose Wilson and Deathstroke you’ll love the show! Deathstroke is crazy good in this show!

Main complaint is way too many characters and what they did to Donna/Garth is just sad! I’m not a fan of those two but I feel bad for their fans. The others are decent (Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Superboy, Hawk, Dove).

Well, out of the Titans and Doom Patrol rosters, the only characters I really give a damn about are Nightwing, Cyborg, Slade, Rose, and Starfire. Superboy too, kinda, but I don't really care about him here since these aren't his usual peers and team mates. And it sounds like most of those characters are treated well.

As for Snyder....I love Man of Steel but hate BvS and JL. So....maybe Titans will work for me? What little I've seen seems too soap opera-ish for my tastes but that's just a few random clips on youtube.

So yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna grab Doom Patrol on blu-ray. Titans....maybe, if I find a good deal. Probably just grab season 2, since that's the Nightwing transition (I'm told Dick doesn't get the costume until the last episode or two, but I'm okay with that).

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

So yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna grab Doom Patrol on blu-ray. Titans....maybe, if I find a good deal. Probably just grab season 2, since that's the Nightwing transition (I'm told Dick doesn't get the costume until the last episode or two, but I'm okay with that).
    If you have the Target app-wait until they have a sale on it. Especially around winter. Sometimes they run buy 2 items (blue ray, book, dvd) and get 1 free. They will toss in season sets.

And to keep this on topic.....

Cyborg and his buddy Exxy Clark art.

I went with Doom Patrol outfit Cyborg and took liberties with his look.

http://fav.me/de2qbef
    Materials card stock & Sharpies

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you have the Target app-wait until they have a sale on it. Especially around winter. Sometimes they run buy 2 items (blue ray, book, dvd) and get 1 free. They will toss in season sets.

And to keep this on topic.....

Cyborg and his buddy Exxy Clark art.

I went with Doom Patrol outfit Cyborg and took liberties with his look.

http://fav.me/de2qbef
    Materials card stock & Sharpies
    I like it! Especially the fact that you used the Doom Patrol version of Vic.

That version of Cyborg is so good! His relationship with Roni has been really interesting in season 2. DC screwed up the character by making him basically just half a face and a partial torso in the comics, but the version on the show still has most of his human body (and can apparently still have a sex life).

Ultimate Member

That version of Cyborg is so good! His relationship with Roni has been really interesting in season 2. DC screwed up the character by making him basically just half a face and a partial torso in the comics, but the version on the show still has most of his human body (and can apparently still have a sex life).
    Thanks
    One of the reason why I changed his look is because I couldn't do all that metal stuff over and over. I wanted to keep it simple. More 7 of 9 and organic look.

My pitch for a Cyborg book would one day Exxy asks him just how powerful the mother box in him is. Pulling a cue from Rodiumus Prime in Tranformers-a pulled circuit here and there.
    Meet Stargate meets Dr Who meets Sliders. Use the boom tubes to explore the universe and realities. Let them get lost for a while. Meanwhile a "backup" Cyborg is activated and that is the one with Justice League or Titans. They come back-Cyborg downloads the info from the clone and remembers everything.

And IF he should comeback with alternates form everyone killed in Heroes in Crisis....hey Star Trek Voyager did it. Harry was killed and replaced with a clone.

Incredible Member

I think that’s the one thing I like about Doom Patrol Cyborg, and honestly the tales of Cyborg in YJ and Smallville. Those takes still has all the technological elements of comics but still keeps his humanity and still has relationships.

Skyvolt, I love that idea. It will be interesting to see Cyborg explore how powerful the MotherBox actually is and actually go in larger than life adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I think that’s the one thing I like about Doom Patrol Cyborg, and honestly the tales of Cyborg in YJ and Smallville. Those takes still has all the technological elements of comics but still keeps his humanity and still has relationships.

Skyvolt, I love that idea. It will be interesting to see Cyborg explore how powerful the MotherBox actually is and actually go in larger than life adventures.
    Your point goes to further illustrate why comics are dying. The insularity and ridgity of the writers and editors to resist good change. No reason the comics couldn't make Vic more advanced and give him a 85 to 90 percent flesh aesthetic while keeping him a bad ass. Good to here this Doom Patrol show has better quality and sense than comics people.

Btw...Steele and Stone!!!! Can we petition to get this done???!!
    Last edited by dkrook; 08-07-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That's a good idea. And yeah, I have the Target app.....my wife is addicted to Target. Like, we are on a first name basis with some of the people who work there, we go so often.

And Steele and Stone might just be the greatest tv show we never knew we needed. I have got to get into Doom Patrol.....

It's weird that all of Vic's best appearances are in larger media. I mean, I know the comics like to revolve around the "classic status quo" of a character but....do they not see the glory that is Vic in all these cartoons and shows? Do they not realize the opportunity they're wasting by forcing Cyborg to cycle through the same "man or machine" angst that the character outgrew before Wolfman left the Titans thirty f*cking years ago?? I swear, DC needs to hire me because they are straight up blind.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

That's a good idea. And yeah, I have the Target app.....my wife is addicted to Target. Like, we are on a first name basis with some of the people who work there, we go so often.

And Steele and Stone might just be the greatest tv show we never knew we needed. I have got to get into Doom Patrol.....

It's weird that all of Vic's best appearances are in larger media. I mean, I know the comics like to revolve around the "classic status quo" of a character but....do they not see the glory that is Vic in all these cartoons and shows? Do they not realize the opportunity they're wasting by forcing Cyborg to cycle through the same "man or machine" angst that the character outgrew before Wolfman left the Titans thirty f*cking years ago?? I swear, DC needs to hire me because they are straight up blind.
    The archaic mentality toward Cyborg's characterization and appearance made his push half dead on arrival. From the jump DC should have gone in on the stuff from the outside media that worked rather than regressing a lot of his core traits.

And now it looks like DC doesn't really know who to push as their premier black hero. Black Lightning has the show but outside of Outsiders, which is a Bat-adjacent book he's nowhere to be found. Mr. Terrific was handled nicely on his own team and now has a role with Tom King but he's not headlining a solo. Vixen is MIA as far as I know.

I think Cyborg needs a strong appearance in the DCEU to really get the ball rolling but all signs point to his push ending in the near future. DC could very likely concede to fan demand and have him be second in command to Nightwing on a new Titans book come the next reboot.