Page 200 of 313 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

I wonder if DC has a problem with Damian's age (because they don't want Batman to be too old), why they don't make that Talia and the Assassins League has access to a place where time passes differently and Damian was raised there.

They may say that Damian was raised 10 years in that place, but it only past some months since his conception on earth.

This is literally the kind of explanation they used for Jon's growth. They could use this to explain Damian's age while mantaining Bruce relatively younger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    So this certificate is with the wrong age or the wrong Jason's size, right?
    Let's say it is at least questionable, there isn't really a an official "right" age and size.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I wonder if DC has a problem with Damian's age (because they don't want Batman to be too old), why they don't make that Talia and the Assassins League has access to a place where time passes differently and Damian was raised there.

They may say that Damian was raised 10 years in that place, but it only past some months since his conception on earth.

This is literally the kind of explanation they used for Jon's growth. They could use this to explain Damian's age while mantaining Bruce relatively younger.
    But if they use this with Damian, and make he grows up 10 more years, he would be older than Tim and older or same as Jason? For me would broke good part of the dynamic I like :/
    Ok, another age question, what is Bruce's probably age now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Let's say it is at least questionable, there isn't really a an official "right" age and size.
    I am ok with don't knowing the size, but can't DC decides Jason's age death? Why?

Extraordinary Member

I am ok with don't knowing the size, but can't DC decides Jason's age death? Why?
    The thing is that they didn't give an age in the original comics, and if they make up something now it will just be a retcon and not really the "right age".

Appart from that they also keep changing the ages when he became Robin.

Unless DC really commits to consistent time line the ret conned ages never mean much.

That would've been ideal for New 52, where it was impossible for Damian to be 10 years old (since Bruce wouldn't have met Talia until he became Batman, and no superhero had been active more than five years, him included).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

But if they use this with Damian, and make he grows up 10 more years, he would be older than Tim and older or same as Jason? For me would broke good part of the dynamic I like :/
    Ok, another age question, what is Bruce's probably age now?
    I don't mean they use this to make Damian older. I mean, they use this to explain the current Damian's age.

DC has problems with Damian because (currently) he makes Bruce older that they want. Bruce needs to have been Batman more than 13 years to have Damian (since they also should explain Talia and Ra's interest on him).

So, if Damian was raised in a place where the time pass differently, he could be 10 years even if he was only conceived a few months earlier on Earth.

PS: This would be better that fast growth acceleration (that DC has tried to imply sometimes), which is horrible since it implies that Damian should be mentally younger.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-02-2020 at 04:23 AM.

If they had a problem with his age then they wouldn't have aged him up 3 years out of no where.

If they had a problem with Damian's age then his fast aging won't have been retconed

I don't mean they use this to make Damian older. I mean, they use this to explain the current Damian's age.

DC has problems with Damian because (currently) he makes Bruce older that they want. Bruce needs to have been Batman more than 13 years to have Damian (since they also should explain Talia and Ra's interest on him).

So, if Damian was raised in a place where the time pass differently, he could be 10 years even if he was only conceived a few months earlier on Earth.

PS: This would be better that fast growth acceleration (that DC has tried to imply sometimes), which is horrible since it implies that Damian should be mentally younger.
    Bruce doesn't have to be anything. Damian was genetically engineered in a whale's womb. That is a getout of jail card.

Damian being born in a place where time passes fast is not only stupid but it's been done before. Damian is genetically tinkered with that's always been part of his canon. Is still part of his canon to have him be both genetically tinkered with along with tacking on born in a place where times passes fast is beyond silly.

If WB feels like Damian makes Bruce feel old [something they didn't have a problem with when Bruce had only known Talia 5 yrs] then they should do a Didio and kill him off. That would be better than ruining him by tacking on a stolen backstory.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-02-2020 at 05:44 AM.

thanks <3 I will search
    You are welcome.

Astonishing Member

I never understood why they would not do the simplest and most convenient retcon regarding Damian's age - to make it so that Bruce met Talia before he became Batman, during his travels and training, and to make Talia get pregnant secretly from him during that period. Then everything will fit very conveniently into the timeline.
    But in general, this stupid excuse of DiDio "he will be too old!!!" this is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard and hope that after his departure, it will follow him. There is nothing wrong with Bruce being around forty or maybe even forty-five.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I never understood why they would not do the simplest and most convenient retcon regarding Damian's age - to make it so that Bruce met Talia before he became Batman, during his travels and training, and to make Talia get pregnant secretly from him during that period. Then everything will fit very conveniently into the timeline.
    But in general, this stupid excuse of DiDio "he will be too old!!!" this is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard and hope that after his departure, it will follow him. There is nothing wrong with Bruce being around forty or maybe even forty-five.
    It still wouldn't fit because Dick Grayson met Bruce when he was 8 and Bruce was already Batman. If Talia was knocked up before Bruce became batman then he and Dick would be age mates.

Damian is fine. All the Robins make Bruce look old that was the reason why Didio wanted to kill Dick.

Astonishing Member

I thought Dick was around twelve-thirteen years, to be honest.
    Damn, I hope they will fix this mess with timeline, as Snyder promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I thought Dick was around twelve-thirteen years, to be honest.
    Damn, I hope they will fix this mess with timeline, as Snyder promised.
    Honestly the best thing is for DC to forget about fixing the timeline and just concentarte on writing great stories.

DCeased was so well received
    3 Joker
    Bat/Cat
    Are all highly anticipated and they are not in continuity. I'm fine with DC not having such a coherent Continuity and honestly we're at a point where continuity will never be coherent.

Thematically it's important for Dick's age to mirror Bruce's when he lost his folks because that's what prompted Bruce to take him ion. He saw himself in Dick. In Rebirth Batman Dick was shown to be quite young when Bruce took him in.

Honestly I don't know what's going on with DC continuity anymore

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Honestly the best thing is for DC to forget about fixing the timeline and just concentarte on writing great stories.

DCeased was so well received
    3 Joker
    Bat/Cat
    Are all highly anticipated and they are not in continuity. I'm fine with DC not having such a coherent Continuity and honestly we're at a point where continuity will never be coherent.

Thematically it's important for Dick's age to mirror Bruce's when he lost his folks because that's what prompted Bruce to take him ion. He saw himself in Dick. In Rebirth Batman Dick was shown to be quite young when Bruce took him in.

Honestly I don't know what's going on with DC continuity anymore
    Even if DC ignores continuity, I really doubt DC wants Dick to be 8 years old when he lost his parents and become Robin (in that issue of Batman Rebirth, Dick looks quite young, but not so young).

Nowadays, DC wouldn't want Dick to be so younger when he was Robin. Also, as I said, DC doesn't want Batman to be too old.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-02-2020 at 05:57 AM.