Page 201 of 313 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 4692
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Thematically it's important for Dick's age to mirror Bruce's when he lost his folks because that's what prompted Bruce to take him ion. He saw himself in Dick. In Rebirth Batman Dick was shown to be quite young when Bruce took him in.
    If that's really necessary it is imo better to have Bruce be 12 when his parents die (like in "Gotham").

Having Dick becoming Robin at age 8 doesn't really fit with any comics that are set at the beginning of his career, stretches the time line drastically (we would be already in roughly Batman Year 12 by the time Jason becomes Robin) and you cpuld also argue that Jason reminded Bruce of Dick when he took him in.

On the other hand if Bruce was 8 or 12 when his parents died doesn't change much, and as a 12 year old he could actually slowly start to train to become Batman.

I wonder 40 years from now how they would be trying to make Batman Younger

So all that teasing and it was just another Injustice> I mean I'm sorta excited because it means we'll see more of Damian and Kara's relationship but I was hoping for something fresh. Maybe a Green Arrow title or a Damian Wayne in - continuity title by Taylor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So all that teasing and it was just another Injustice> I mean I'm sorta excited because it means we'll see more of Damian and Kara's relationship
    Depends if the comic and game have the same consistency, remember the Injustice 2 prologue which contradicted the comics for Injustice 1.
    The prequel Injustice 2 comics had that whole Damian and Kara saving some civilian story, and the time Damian indirectly made Kara cut her hair.
    Then the game shows up with little signs of their interactions from the prequel comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Depends if the comic and game have the same consistency, remember the Injustice 2 prologue which contradicted the comics for Injustice 1.
    The prequel Injustice 2 comics had that whole Damian and Kara saving some civilian story, and the time Damian indirectly made Kara cut her hair.
    Then the game shows up with little signs of their interactions from the prequel comic.
    The comics are very much Taylor's own thing so I don't expect them to sync up.

I'm not even sure we are getting an injustice 3 game just yet since it hasn't been announced.

I don't mind the game and the comics not syncing up.
    It benefits Damian being a baddie in the games. He and Wonder Woman are the infamous Injustice villains. If he were to become good his notoriety/popularity will fall and he might even get replaced which will suck since I main him.

In the comics He's the middle ground between the 2 big ego's of Bruce and Clark [according to Taylor] which sounds very promising since it sounds like Damian is going to continue having a key role going forward.

Since the JSA is getting introduced I wonder what that means for Kara since there's a new Super in town [Power Girl]?

And Damian with another Wayne [Helena]?

Astonishing Member

I'm not even sure we are getting an injustice 3 game just yet since it hasn't been announced.
    It probably will be announced at FanDome.
    It will be an adaption of Blackest Night, if rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It probably will be announced at FanDome.
    It will be an adaption of Blackest Night, if rumors are true.
    Blackest Night? Huh? That's bombastic and could be a ton of fun. Batman raises the dead to help him fight Superman or superman raises the dead to help him break out of the Phantom Zone and fight batman.

That would be a great way to get all the heroes who died to return

Can't DC make Bruce (maybe and Catwoman) des-age 10 years? So the boys can grow up and Bruce will not be older than 45 for a long time? For me it's easy than mess with 4 other characters age.
    I don't mind a Batman with 55 too, he has this new outfit, right? DC can say "it will make you performer like you are ten years youger, yada yada yada".
    So I can see Dick's daughter, young Helena, Tim became (a name of your preference) with my most liked outfit, Damian older, Jason-Artemis Canon, Damian's new identity

Tim as Red Robin is fine. Making him Duck Boy the Magnificent hasn't done him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Can't DC make Bruce (maybe and Catwoman) des-age 10 years? So the boys can grow up and Bruce will not be older than 45 for a long time? For me it's easy than mess with 4 other characters age.
    I don't mind a Batman with 55 too, he has this new outfit, right? DC can say "it will make you performer like you are ten years youger, yada yada yada".
    So I can see Dick's daughter, young Helena, Tim became (a name of your preference) with my most liked outfit, Damian older, Jason-Artemis Canon, Damian's new identity
    No DC can't do that.

Batman is the 3rd biggest comic property in the world only recently pushed into 3rd place by the MCU.

Batman is the reason why DC comics is still in publication.
    You are asking WB to mess with one of the biggest intellectual Properties in the world for what is essentially scrubs [compared to batman].

DC will never mess with Batman just so lesser properties make sense. That's not how business works.
    You don't mess around with your cash cow for the some obsolete milkers

DC doesn't want Batman to be past late 30's.

The reaction fans had to that time line that had Real age character indicates that most don't want to see these characters grow up.

Dick's daughter? Please no. Fans are divided on his true love. We don't need a daughter who adds no much but pisses off half the Nightwing Fan base.

Comics aren't like manga sadly
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-02-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim as Red Robin is fine. Making him Duck Boy the Magnificent hasn't done him any favors.
    Not only was Red Robin Fine but he had success with it. I don't think the higher ups are invested in Tim. He has fans behind the scene but I don't think the decision makers have eyes on him.

Why else would such a stupid name ever be allowed? Unless they already decided to let him share Robin so were doing it as a gag as some have been speculating on line

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Duck Boy XD
    But if the story continue for, like, 8 more years, Tim will be a 25 years Robin, they can write a great motive for this, but I don't know.

Don't need to be Drake, he can be another cool bird, or animal, or have a Detective name, it would focus in Tim best quality. He don't need to choose between Robin, Red Robin and Drake. Even insects like a moth can be cool. DC would make Tim's say "I finally get my identity as a hero, I didn't know very well who I was before, but even this mistakes, everytime my codename don't work, is part of who I became and yada yada yada.
    He is smart, leal, not so strong. "Hummingbird" is a cool name in english? Or a "swallow"? Robin is not the most cool bird of the bird's world anyway.
    You guys 've convinced me that Drake is a stupid name, but I will miss the brown yellow outfit...

OMG!!! He can be a "Great Kiskadee" perfect, nice brown yellow bird. If He got this name instead of Drake before would be easier for like this new identity.

The bird ALREADY has a eyes mask!

Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 08-02-2020 at 02:04 PM.

May want to fix that. cbr has had some real strange censorship things on posting images.