Page 297 of 301 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4503

Emma really ought to stay single for a while. Tony just seems like a really dull choice as a husband.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except Tony and Emma already have a history: he destroyed her life for stupid reasons and refused to apologize.
    ....so we're ignoring the history that Scott and Emma shared before they got together? If Marvel wants them together, hopefully they find a plausible way.

That aside how come I didn't remember that Emma used Cerebra so her and Scott could have their...mental excursions?

Where the hell was Beast....never-mind he probably was spying!

Spectacular Member

About the Marvel Super War game that was discussed earlier, here's a video with all the current heroes and their costumes (the link starts on Emma's section, but you should take a look on the other heroes too, some look amazing):

https://youtu.be/21etOUTPYWk?t=780

It surprised me Emma's black costume is actually her original Dark X-Men one instead of the one on Bendis run, which is great, as the Dark Queen might be one of my favorite costume of hers.
    Her Phoenix Five outfit was understandably censored, but at least they did a good job with it, unlike Marvel future Fight, where they kept the costume the same but added a layer of white fabric on her butt and the sides...
    Last edited by OldManLogan; 12-20-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Except Tony and Emma already have a history: he destroyed her life for stupid reasons and refused to apologize.
    Hm, nothing of the like comes to mind. Are you maybe referring to AvX and the creation of Phoenix Five?

Wouldn't really blame Tony for that myself, and all involved characters have probably forgotten about it by now anyway. The half-life of most events is pretty short these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    About the Marvel Super War game that was discussed earlier, here's a video with all the current heroes and their costumes (the link starts on Emma's section, but you should take a look on the other heroes too, some look amazing):

https://youtu.be/21etOUTPYWk?t=780

It surprised me Emma's black costume is actually her original Dark X-Men one instead of the one on Bendis run, which is great, as the Dark Queen might be one of my favorite costume of hers.
    Her Phoenix Five outfit was understandably censored, but at least they did a good job with it, unlike Marvel future Fight, where they kept the costume the same but added a layer of white fabric on her butt and the sides...
    the phoenix five outfit is beautiful!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ....so we're ignoring the history that Scott and Emma shared before they got together? If Marvel wants them together, hopefully they find a plausible way.

Emma hadn't been involved with the HFC for a long time, taking care of the students well for the time since then, and evento back in the HFC it could be argued they really didn't understand the risks of the Phoenix well. Because of Tony's recklessness, Emma lost her homeland, the love of her life, her students, her sanity, and had to become a fugitive, hated by most of the world, and Tony flat out refused to take any responsibility for it.

BANNED

Emma hadn't been involved with the HFC for a long time, taking care of the students well for the time since then, and evento back in the HFC it could be argued they really didn't understand the risks of the Phoenix well. Because of Tony's recklessness, Emma lost her homeland, the love of her life, her students, her sanity, and had to become a fugitive, hated by most of the world, and Tony flat out refused to take any responsibility for it.
    You are talking like all the problems in Emma life were because he was a part of the P5. And still Emma was the only one who could have renunced the Phoenix after becoming the P5. In Endsong She could control full power of the Phoenix by a short amount of time. So is canon that she was probably the only one with enought power of the P5 to mantain control.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The Phoenin in AvX was fractured, hurt and on the wrong hosts- and not only that, Tony and the Avengers kept attacking the P5 rather than let them be, making the situation worse. Fact is, without Tony's actions- invading Utopia, shooting the P5, continuously attacking them when they were trying to make the world a better place- they made things worse for mutants for absolutely no reason- and in the end, adopted the X-men's plan anyway. And of course Tony didn't cause all the problems in her life, but that's like saying someone that threw a nuke in your home didn't cause all your problems- sure, there were some there before, but one can't argue that responsible didn't destroy your life.

They have Namor right there if they wanted to pair her with someone, Stark is a horrible choice.

I'd rather the rectangle though

BANNED

The Phoenin in AvX was fractured, hurt and on the wrong hosts- and not only that, Tony and the Avengers kept attacking the P5 rather than let them be, making the situation worse. Fact is, without Tony's actions- invading Utopia, shooting the P5, continuously attacking them when they were trying to make the world a better place- they made things worse for mutants for absolutely no reason- and in the end, adopted the X-men's plan anyway. And of course Tony didn't cause all the problems in her life, but that's like saying someone that threw a nuke in your home didn't cause all your problems- sure, there were some there before, but one can't argue that responsible didn't destroy your life.
    1. Emma destroyed her life alone in IvX without the help of Tony.
    2. All the P5 were wrong host , except Emma , she had been a host in the past. And the force being fragmented shouldnt make it harder to control. Quentin Quire , Rachel , Jean , all of them have used fragments of the force in the past.
    3. The first thing that Emma Phoenix did , before the War with the Avengers was go to the Avengers Academy acting like a despot and fight a bunch of children because she wanted to destroy Juston Sentinel even if it was reprogramed and had a conscience. That was when they were still in the " were are gonna save the world" phase. That just show that a good absolute ruler only needs a bad day to be a tyrant. You could say that it was "bad writting" but given that we have seen Emma acting in the same way in New Tian, and right now she is plotting to gain more power in Krakoa I think that is a definitive trait of Emma that she likes the " absolute ruler" thing.
    Last edited by hulkling; 12-21-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

I am not a big fan of Marauders
    the book is a bit too bright and comedic (I think Emma is better for serious, dramatic, adult stories), and I don't like having the hellfire brats as antagonists. I will never get this pulsion for making the hellfire club about young cool people instead of businessmen and women in their 30s or 40s or 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They have Namor right there if they wanted to pair her with someone, Stark is a horrible choice.

I'd rather the rectangle though
    And Namor is a good choice?

Fishman is a joke.

If there's any validity to that Tony and Emma wedding it would be purely for political or financial benifits, since neither strike me as the marrying type at this point. As for who Emma should be with, the rectangle works just fine. But I think Emma herself is done with dating or going steady for the time being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually think it helps both Emma and Jean that they have such a long history together. I think if either one of them shows up in the future movies, it helps to make room for the other. I would love to see the first X-Men MCU movie with Jean, Emma, and Storm in strong roles and leading.
    That would be wonderful. I'm sure we'll see all three in strong roles like you suggested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    1. Emma destroyed her life alone in IvX without the help of Tony.
    2. All the P5 were wrong host , except Emma , she had been a host in the past. And the force being fragmented shouldnt make it harder to control. Quentin Quire , Rachel , Jean , all of them have used fragments of the force in the past.
    3. The first thing that Emma Phoenix did , before the War with the Avengers was go to the Avengers Academy acting like a despot and fight a bunch of children because she wanted to destroy Juston Sentinel even if it was reprogramed and had a conscience. That was when they were still in the " were are gonna save the world" phase. That just show that a good absolute ruler only needs a bad day to be a tyrant. You could say that it was "bad writting" but given that we have seen Emma acting in the same way in New Tian, and right now she is plotting to gain more power in Krakoa I think that is a definitive trait of Emma that she likes the " absolute ruler" thing.
    Emma was the wrong host too. It took Hope, who was intended to be the host temporarily, saying the No More Phoenix spell with the Scarlet Witch to restore mutantkind and break the Scarlet Witch's spell. None of the Phoenix 5 did ANYTHING to undo the No More Mutants/pending extinction of mutants instituted by the Scarlet Witch.