Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Pyro should be able to prevent Human Torch was harming anyone else. Johnny even flaming on gives Pyro a way to hurt the other members of the Fantastic Four.
    That's all about control, Johnny can control fire just as he can generate it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's all about control, Johnny can control fire just as he can generate it.
    not like Pyro can control it.

Mighty Member

Johnny can control heat and the rate of heat transfer as well and can easily disable or even kill Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    They should clear that up.

Because i've seen some scans where Sue has been affected by TP with her Force Fields up.....
    I don't think it'd make much sense since her force fields are not even pure psionic energy like say Psylocke's constructs. Btw I'm curious too about the resistance since we've never really seen it being stated clearly on paper and she's been manipulated before.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Johnny can control heat and the rate of heat transfer as well and can easily disable or even kill Pyro.
    yet he got taken out by a bottle in the first issue of Civil War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just because it’s not mentioned in the X-Line doesn’t make it cannon.

Storm is not that heartless to pretend to care about a Human being just to get information. That’s not her style or character. She isn’t Batman.
    --Fair enough, I still don't think I can see it the same way though, but ya know.

--Ok, we know that as fans, but dya think Hickman knows that? I mean, he's changed so much already and it's been considered a natural evolution of everything; what makes Storm exempt from that?

So I'm really digging Captain Kate over in Marauders and the art shared so far for this book looks like it's turning Kate back into Kitty. I really don't want that. She better not lose the hand tats!!!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    yet he got taken out by a bottle in the first issue of Civil War.
    Irrelevant.

Was there a Pyro that controlled Johnny? Yes, in an AU.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think it'd make much sense since her force fields are not even pure psionic energy like say Psylocke's constructs. Btw I'm curious too about the resistance since we've never really seen it being stated clearly on paper and she's been manipulated before.
    Hyperspace is weird that's all I got. I'm still waiting for them to properly explore what she can and can't do.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Why not? Some kind of signal is being beamed to their heads when a telepath is at work. She can block sound waves, microwaves, electric currents; why not psychic waves?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

These rumbles discussions are pointless since any fight can turn out any way the writer needs to advance a story. The X-Men usually end up on the short-end of any of them anyway, regardless of logic.

In this case, their powers hopefully isn't going to be the story. They'll equalize things in some way so they can have a compelling story about Franklin's identity crisis (with machinations by Doom as a B-plot).

BANNED

Perhaps it’s a fine line, but I think there is a line between discussing the mechanics of abilities and straight up rumbles. I’m sure it’ll get there though.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sue isn't immune to TP; but it was mentioned in an old article decades before, that since she has to psionically project her force fields, there's some latent psionic ability (other than force field related) in her that in theory can with development and training give her resistance.

Edit: Just found this on marvel.com's entry on Sue.
    She is also able to shield her mind from some types of telepathic intrusion or influence, detect and locate nearby people or objects using an invisible force that pulses out from her body as radar, and can track psionic energy sources over great distances or snare and redirect psionic energies active in her general vicinity.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/in...oman/in-comics
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    --Fair enough, I still don't think I can see it the same way though, but ya know.

--Ok, we know that as fans, but dya think Hickman knows that? I mean, he's changed so much already and it's been considered a natural evolution of everything; what makes Storm exempt from that?
    I think Hickman isn't stupid. They way he wrote her in his first issue TO ME as a Fan of Storm showed me both sides to Storm.

That's True.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Why not? Some kind of signal is being beamed to their heads when a telepath is at work. She can block sound waves, microwaves, electric currents; why not psychic waves?
    It depends really on how psychic energy is depicted, I think. I think her shields allow her to manipulate energy in the EM spectrum such as visible light and such so it makes sense to block electricity and microwaves. As far as sound, she just gave the shields the adeguate consistency (they're still mechanical waves and she can block mechanical pressure/force since her shields are essentially solid).

It really depends on how the writer defines her powers and psychic powers. Emma has gone through her shields tho, and she's also gone through the ONE Sentinels shields by finding the right frequency so if it's an EM issue then a telepath could still work it out probably.

But it's mostly on the writer and I'm thinking way too deep about it hahaha.