Page 16 of 200 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    #RH:O #39 - I looked it up. I had totally forgotten about it. I wonder why. The chairzarro story makes sense and is not complicated. There's even a Pinocchio reference ("the plushie who became a real boy.") which is especially funny because the third annual was full of Wizard of Oz references.
    On the other hand, I still know the only shortly mentioned information that Cloud9 is named Clara and that she's from Detroit. (I'm surprised that Devour knows her real name.)

@Zaresh, thank you for all the fanfic recommendations. I'll include the links to your posts in the fanfic overview.

[...]

On another topic, I'm a little perplexed that there aren't any news on the Robin 80th Anniversary comic. I would have at least expected some shop exclusive variants. But so far I haven't seen any.
    You're welcome
    And thanks for looking up when the explanation for pup pup was.

I've seen no new news for that Robin special either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-14-2020 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Grammar

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You're welcome
    And thanks for looking up when the explanation for pup pup was.

I've seen no new news for that Robin special either.
    Fortunately, there weren't that many issues to check.
    I hope we'll see more of Pup Pup in the future.
    I wonder if Chairzarro-Pup Pup is as smart as Smartzarro was.
    If yes, there's a potential for some fun dialogs between Babe in Arms and Pup Pup - the two cutest members of the Outlaws having a scientific debate sounds hilarious.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Event Leviathan: Checkmate announced

Green Arrow, The Question, Lois Lane and Talia Al Ghul are the last line of defense against Leviathan, but there’s a secret hero working from the shadows that could mean the difference between victory or defeat for this new version of Checkmate. Who is it? Find out when the debut issue of Event Leviathan: Checkmate hits comic book retailers and participating digital stores on Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...ion-this-april

Let's hope Jason is not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Event Leviathan: Checkmate announced

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...ion-this-april

Let's hope Jason is not involved.
    Sadly, it seems Jason is involved. Someone over in the Superman forums posted a snippet from an interview saying that Bendis was going to use Jason.

"Secret hero" sounds more like a character that's either completely new or hasn't been used in Event Leviathan so far.

"Secret hero" sounds more like a character that's either completely new or hasn't been used in Event Leviathan so far.
    Yeah, not sure if that is a reference to our boy Todd, but I plan on ignoring Bendis anyway. Chances are its going to be in stark contrast to whatever Lobdell is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Sadly, it seems Jason is involved. Someone over in the Superman forums posted a snippet from an interview saying that Bendis was going to use Jason.
    I'm not surprised. At least he seems to get Jason relatively right. "Secret hero" could mean that no one thinks he's one of the good guys too, so it can be Jason. Could be a resurrected Roy too. I mean... doesn't post crisis Roy have history with Checkmate?

I guess I was wrong and Bendis does mean to give Jason a main role in the epilogue.

Aargh nooo, I don’t want him to write Jason.

Thanks @Sergard so it’s Rhato #39 huh all right.

Can you remember the snippet?

From last year I can remember two interviews with Bendis that mentioned Jason:

Brian Michael Bendis Talks Event Leviathan's Big Reveal and Future

You were mentioning fallout and you had planted a lot of red herrings in this story with Jason Todd, Kate Spencer and Talia al Ghul. Are we going to see fallout with them?

Yep! Yeah, any character that was touched by this story, there's going to be fallout from. This mystery is solved but, past the mystery, a lot has happened. They were semi-successful in their quest that Leviathan has arrived and is now a power in the DC Universe and that comes with a major shift in how everyone's doing business; so that's number one.

Everyone also has to deal with the fact that Leviathan set some of them up, like, why does the Red Hood get set up for **** like this? And that does eat at the character but also lets the character know "You have a job here. You have to take care of Leviathan because they are coming after you and they've made that very clear and they're doing the opposite of what you want in the world."

As far as Jason goes, I will say I did the most research of all the characters on Jason because I wanted the red herring to be honest and, at the same time, respectful to the character and have the character walk away as almost one of the big heroes of the story. If you really look at it, he kind of walks away the most unscathed and it certainly points Jason in the direction of what he has to do next.

EXCLUSIVE: Bendis & Maleev’s Leviathan Dawn Will Change the DC Universe

[...]

So for people who read Event Leviathan and were like, "I would like another issue of this!" here comes another double-sized epilogue/prologue. And for people who missed the event but are all in on whatever this new thing this, here we go. And this is going to be kind of be what the format is for the Leviathan Saga moving forward. There's going to be specials and miniseries that connect to a larger story as it goes and fallout in the books themselves -- not just the ones I'm writing -- to other books with any character that showed up in Event Leviathan like Batgirl. The fallout will be felt in their books too.

[...]
    You had mentioned Batgirl, and there was Jason Todd. So are we going to revisit them in Leviathan Dawn?

Yes, 100%. This hit everybody on different levels. Some it hit very personally, some it hit thematically, like, Leviathan was against their principals on every level that something has to be done and a lot of people feel like Leviathan happened on their watch, like, "We're supposed to be watching for this and it literally happened right from under us."
    The interviews of last year also mention Barbara and Damian.

Can you remember the snippet?

From last year I can remember two interviews with Bendis that mentioned Jason:

Brian Michael Bendis Talks Event Leviathan's Big Reveal and Future

EXCLUSIVE: Bendis & Maleev’s Leviathan Dawn Will Change the DC Universe

The interviews of last year also mention Barbara and Damian.
    It was along those lines, but it was a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm not surprised. At least he seems to get Jason relatively right. "Secret hero" could mean that no one thinks he's one of the good guys too, so it can be Jason. Could be a resurrected Roy too. I mean... doesn't post crisis Roy have history with Checkmate?

I guess I was wrong and Bendis does mean to give Jason a main role in the epilogue.
    Bendis would have to do a lot of explaining if he wants to use Roy. And although I'd like Roy back, I don't want a resurrection story that only benefits Roy while every other HiC victim is still dead. There are so many great characters that were killed by King and deserve another chance.

... well, clone Roy could work.

I'll give Leviathan Dawn a try and if I like it, I'll continue with Leviathan: Checkmate. Green Arrow, The Question, Lois Lane and Talia Al Ghul sounds like a strange combination but maybe it will work. And I love Maleev's art style.

Bendis would have to do a lot of explaining if he wants to use Roy. And although I'd like Roy back, I don't want a resurrection story that only benefits Roy while every other HiC victim is still dead. There are so many great characters that were killed by King and deserve another chance.

... well, clone Roy could work.

I'll give Leviathan Dawn a try and if I like it, I'll continue with Leviathan: Checkmate. Green Arrow, The Question, Lois Lane and Talia Al Ghul sounds like a strange combination but maybe it will work. And I love Maleev's art style.
    Maleev's art is pretty, yep. I still keep some of his Daredevil art saved somewhere in my phone.

I don't know. I'm sure most of the victims of HiC are going to come back from death at some point. Maybe thanks to a reboot, maybe because some convoluted plot, maybe thanks to some good story; but they'll be back somehow. Actually, it's Wally the one that worries me, because character murdering like that is hard to undo; Flash Forward is turning pretty nicely. Perhaps that will help.

Anyways, Clone Roy. That could be funny, recycling a gimmick that JY used first, even if it's differently. If they give him all his memories, it's virtually resurrecting him. If they don't, then, it means that we lose him as an ally and friend of Jason. Nowadays, it's not like many writers use cloning as a plot tool a lot, so that's an up. But I don't know why someone would want to clone Roy, unless it's for making him a mole or because they want to use him against Oliver, the Titans, etc.

I fear that most HiC victims won't return because DC doesn't "need" them and isn't interested in pushing them, especially since 5G is coming (Is 5G official or still a rumor?).
    My hope that Jason and Eddie will meet again is waning.

You guys might want to check out the Wally West appreciation thread.