Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but E. Jean Carroll is seeking new damages after Trump verbally attacked her- AGAIN- on the CNN town hall. You know, the one that was held like the day after the verdict in the first trial where he was held libel for millions of dollars for the SAME DAMN THING.

At this point, I can just see how this will play out. He'll be found guilty-AGAIN, forced to pay out even more money, and then in the next interview he gives, he'll insult her and attack her again, and she can just file a new suit, and the process will just play out all over again. It'll be like Groundhog Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If everyone who has a legitimate claim to seek damages and sue Trump did so, it might help voters undecided between him and Biden to maybe not go with the orange stain.
    At first I wanted to say that it'd impact Trump's campaign having to pay for damages when he loses, but let's be honest he's not going to pay unless the court forces him.
    Money doesn't hurt Trump politically, nor do losses when it comes to his insults. We need Jail Time.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's for the same Qanon dunces who nodded along with "Hillary's e-mails" eight years ago. Sure, "Hunter's laptop" might not have worked FOUR years ago, but they'll keep whipping that horse unless a fresher carcass for them to whip/lie about presents itself in the next year and a half or so.
    The longer they have to drive the hate, the more effective it becomes as evidenced in 2016. There were far too many thumbs on that scale, but the neverending smear campaign's effects can't be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As God is my witness, you CAN'T make up eye rolling crazy shit like this:

Daniel Penny Claims He Can’t Be Racist Because He Planned a Trip to Africa

Yeah, and I can’t hate fish because I’m planning a day trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. Give. Me. A. Break!
    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The race issue should be secondary to investigating all of the evidence and drawing an objective conclusion on whether or not Penny killed Neely in actual self-defense.

Neely's mental illness also means that there may be other information regarding his behavior at that time that hasn't been revealed yet.

This is why arguing there should be no trial is irrational -- claiming you know someone is innocent or guily without knowing all of the facts shows clear bias.
    Yes, this is very important. The investigators themselves will have access to the witnesses in a way we don't, and will have interviewed them before thy decided to bring charges. Idiotic racist defense against racism aside, there should be no issue with a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    15 minutes was the total length of time Neely was held down by Penny and other passengers. The rear naked choke itself lasted for 2 minutes. Though that’s still considered past the zone of minimal risk to a person’s life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This is where a trial would help, as reports only get some of the witnesses stories and nothing of any security footage available or unreleased video.

At first it confused me, I was wondering "Does Captain America's comics currently have a LGBTQ character prominently in the cast?" but then Dalak answered the question saying Marvel is a Disney property - the fascist is trying to wage way with Disney cause they called him out on his homophobic BS legislation. That's all this is.

Florida Man has become Florida Governor I'm afraid.
    This wasn't directly a DeSantis thing, but a board taken over by local conservative censors.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Not bad enough that they are doing this in school libraries but public libraries too...those people are the real enemy of the state.

The article has been updated to say the comics were removed in error and they are still available in the graphic novel section.
    They don't say what the error was, or if it ties to lawyers saying "Don't poke the Mouse, we can't afford a lawsuit!".

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Apparently, Nazis rammed a U-haul truck into the fence at Lafayette Square in front of the White House.
    "Driver arrested and Nazi flag seized after truck crashes into security barriers near the White House"

"The suspect, who now faces multiple charges, made threatening statements about the White House at the scene of Monday night's incident, a law enforcement official told NBC News.

The driver of a truck that crashed into security barriers near the White House on Monday night was arrested on multiple charges, including threatening to kill or harm a president, vice president or family member, officials said.

A Nazi flag was seized by authorities at the scene of the incident, which left no one injured.

A law enforcement official told NBC News that the suspect made threatening statements about the White House at the scene but was quickly detained. The truck was found to contain no weapons or explosives, the official said, without providing further details about the incident.

Asked for their reaction, the official said: “I don’t think there’s any place for a Nazi flag or the statements that he made.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...flag-rcna85718

-----

It's that simple to speak out against Nazis and white supremacists.

Unless you don't see them as a problem.
    Warnings have had Red Flags flying long before Charlottesville. Much proof of how the Hate-Mongers have taken over GoP policy from the top down has been posted, and it's ignored to say these bigots don't have as much influence as we make out with nothing to back it up as always.

Oh my god, that's more worthless than the "I have a black friend" excuse. I mean there's probably some Klansmen who take trips to Africa to just to go see all the remnants of apartheid.
    It's why Tim Scott is running for President. Just this year's window dressing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but E. Jean Carroll is seeking new damages after Trump verbally attacked her- AGAIN- on the CNN town hall. You know, the one that was held like the day after the verdict in the first trial where he was held libel for millions of dollars for the SAME DAMN THING.

At this point, I can just see how this will play out. He'll be found guilty-AGAIN, forced to pay out even more money, and then in the next interview he gives, he'll insult her and attack her again, and she can just file a new suit, and the process will just play out all over again. It'll be like Groundhog Day.
    A further problem for Trump is that the civil penalty counts against him in future cases. A judge can rule that some matters have already proven, so it's not about relitigating earlier claims. The jury may be instructed that it has already been determined that Trump slandered Carroll.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's why Tim Scott is running for President. Just this year's window dressing.
    Tim Scott isn't a very good orator.

I watched his speech and I wasn't so impressed.

He seems like a very soft-spoken and nice guy but he's not particularly charismatic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Apparently, Nazis rammed a U-haul truck into the fence at Lafayette Square in front of the White House.
    Just found out the idiot who drove the truck was from Chesterfield, Missouri. Which is about 10 minutes away from me.

Strange. No explosives or weapons, no manifesto, 19 years old, crashed into the bolo barrier at Lafayette Park which is across the street and a mile plus several barriers away from the White House. Then gets out and waves a Nazi flag and says something about taking over as president. Deranged or what, I don't know. Not sure what that accomplishes for anyone.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It is a sad to me why there are so many young people today that are part of this cult of Nazis. But maybe it's because there are more and more schools that don't cover it in the history classes these days in Red states tes like Florida. Students will never learn anything about the Holocaust and how many people were killed by the Nazis . Or They are probably brainwashed by their parent(s).

Don't ask for facts and "links" and then take them as an affront -- that makes you a "victim" only of your own hypocrisy.

You can't have it both ways: either you believe in facts or you don't but don't get mad when people point out when you disregard said facts at your whim.

That's ignoring that you've had more than enough time to respond to the posts if you wish to, but would rather spend days defending the killing of a mentally ill, unarmed black man than a few minutes addressing white supremacist violence and white nationalist rhetoric in the Republican party.

No one is "insisting" you do anything -- at this point your actions speak for themselves.

I learned long ago to expect little to nothing from Republicans so trust me when I say you've met those expectations.
    If you disagree with a post of mine, by all means bring it up.

If you think there's something important in a previous post that I should respond to, mention it.

I don't think it's right to criticize someone for not spending enough time talking about what you want to focus on in a hobbyist forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    And how is this supposed to happen when, as you've previously stated, you don't think this case should even be going to trial?

At least one here is heavily implying it.
    There can be investigations without a case going to trial.

Honestly, they should have done most of the work at that point. The main exception would be a situation where someone is holding onto evidence, and the laws on discovery are different if there's a trial. But that' not applicable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Oh, I understand why other passengers were unnerved. Still, Penny was fatally sloppy in how he handled what was, again, an unarmed man who hadn't attacked or began moving to attack anyone in that train car beforehand. That's why Penny's seeing the inside of a courtroom. Like others here have said, manslaughter is very much a thing.
    While Neery was unarmed, so was Penny.

This would be a different case if Penny shot Neery, or used some kind of different weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Strange. No explosives or weapons, no manifesto, 19 years old, crashed into the bolo barrier at Lafayette Park which is across the street and a mile plus several barriers away from the White House. Then gets out and waves a Nazi flag and says something about taking over as president. Deranged or what, I don't know. Not sure what that accomplishes for anyone.
    Yeah, seems nuts. I'm glad this guy didn't do worse things to showboat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It is a sad to me why there are so many young people today that are part of this cult of Nazis. But maybe it's because there are more and more schools that don't cover it in the history classes these days in Red states tes like Florida. Students will never learn anything about the Holocaust and how many people were killed by the Nazis . Or They are probably brainwashed by their parent(s).
    Florida seems to cover the holocaust.

https://www.fldoe.org/holocausteduca...ust%20literacy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Well, and there are holocaust deniers which is part of it. When you get deep fakes and all the mixed messages about media and information in general, there is also much distrust. But what you said about schools not covering it, period, is probably accurate in some cases. Unfortunately there isn't a way to learn from history unless its taught accurately and thoroughly in the first place, and unless people believe it.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-23-2023 at 11:02 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you disagree with a post of mine, by all means bring it up.

If you think there's something important in a previous post that I should respond to, mention it.

I don't think it's right to criticize someone for not spending enough time talking about what you want to focus on in a hobbyist forum.
    You are once again completely misrepresenting the situation in order to point the finger at others.

You are constantly trying to make it about you when you’ve been told repeatedly it is about the actions and policies of the Republican Party and their negative effects on our democracy.

It’s already been noted that you don’t have to say anything at this point so don’t make things up — if you want to focus on why it was “right” for Penny to kill Neely then that’s your choice to make but don’t then turn around and lecture others about how they shouldn’t note obvious hypocrisy in your arguments.

People will criticize a political party that engages in racism, homophobia, and white nationalism as well as those who support those behaviors whether you think that is “right” or otherwise.

Nothing you say here is going to change that.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-23-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I've taught World History in Missouri for the past two years, both times I've given an entire unit to the Holocaust... and at multiple times in the last ~6ish years, I've been aware that something I said or did could potentially aggravate a MAGA parent, while my current school has had at least one blow-up over a mildly progressive book thanks to a parent throwing a hissy fit.

I think the fact of the matter is this: everyone understands that Gen Z is more diverse and emerging as more progressive than their predecessors, as are many of the Millennials now educating them, while teachers in general are more likely to be anti-Trump than not... and so MAGA activity to try and keep that from putting a nail in their coffin is increasing in furor and ferocity. Teachers who are still MAGA are more likely to consciously cut off key lessons from students or quietly cooperate with MAGA parents in raising hell, while MAGA parents will put pressure on the more malleable school boards and superintendants while doing their best to brainwash their own kids... and MAGA kids probably grow up somewhat aware of the fact that they're a minority political view within their generation and peers, and with the awareness that their mommy and daddy are considered dangerous, treacherous idiots by probably at least some of their classmates and some of their teachers, or worse in some cases... that they and their parents are pitied instead.

(Never underestimate the bite of wounded pride from pity contrasted with antagonistic conflict.)

So I think MAGA kids are almost pushed to copy the louder, more obnoxious members of their older generations.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This seems like it was designed to be a false operation based around a flag.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Newsmax (which has been beating CNN in the ratings, for example during Anderson "Silo" Cooper's show) suggests that Tim Scott's campaign may be "plagued" by questions about him possibly, maybe being a homosexual.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

You are once again completely misrepresenting the situation in order to point the finger at others.

It’s already been noted that you don’t have to say anything at this point so don’t make things up.

People will criticize a political party that engages in racism, homophobia, and white nationalism as well as those who support it — whether you think that is “right” or otherwise.

Nothing you say here is going to change that.
    He literally replied to you mentioning there were previous posts he should address by offering to respond to them if paid to previous to this . . . do we really have to bribe someone to respond to questions they are asked when they request the asking?

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I've taught World History in Missouri for the past two years, both times I've given an entire unit to the Holocaust... and at multiple times in the last ~6ish years, I've been aware that something I said or did could potentially aggravate a MAGA parent, while my current school has had at least one blow-up over a mildly progressive book thanks to a parent throwing a hissy fit.

I think the fact of the matter is this: everyone understands that Gen Z is more diverse and emerging as more progressive than their predecessors, as are many of the Millennials now educating them, while teachers in general are more likely to be anti-Trump than not... and so MAGA activity to try and keep that from putting a nail in their coffin is increasing in furor and ferocity. Teachers who are still MAGA are more likely to consciously cut off key lessons from students or quietly cooperate with MAGA parents in raising hell, while MAGA parents will put pressure on the more malleable school boards and superintendants while doing their best to brainwash their own kids... and MAGA kids probably grow up somewhat aware of the fact that they're a minority political view within their generation and peers, and with the awareness that their mommy and daddy are considered dangerous, treacherous idiots by probably at least some of their classmates and some of their teachers, or worse in some cases... that they and their parents are pitied instead.

(Never underestimate the bite of wounded pride from pity contrasted with antagonistic conflict.)

So I think MAGA kids are almost pushed to copy the louder, more obnoxious members of their older generations.
    I'm glad to see a view into the life of a Teacher who has to deal with the current political backlash to education.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Ron DeSantis will make his doomed presidential run official in a live chat with white nationalist Elon Musc on his doomed Twitter platform.