Page 872 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 37277282286286886987087187287387487587688292297213721872 ... LastLast
Results 13,066 to 13,080 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Soooo Squad extended cut yay or nay?
    The full bar scene (which is great by the way) and extra Joker stuff alone make it worth it. But they also flesh out the bromance between Flag and Deadshot and we get more interactions between the squad which is probably the movies strong point, so I would say yes if you liked the movie at all, definitely it's worth a view.

It isn't BvS Ultimate Edition though, so if you hated it don't expect it to change your mind.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    The full bar scene (which is great by the way) and extra Joker stuff alone make it worth it. But they also flesh out the bromance between Flag and Deadshot and we get more interactions between the squad which is probably the movies strong point, so I would say yes if you liked the movie at all, definitely it's worth a view.

It isn't BvS Ultimate Edition though, so if you hated it don't expect it to change your mind.
    I liked the TC! Was just wondering if it was worth the early digital purchase or wait for the BD. I guess I will wait for the BD then.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ray Fisher talks about Cyborg

“I actually grew up watching a lot of these cartoons - a lot of the animated series. Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, all the stuff that would come onto Cartoon Network,” Fisher told delighted fans. “My first encounter with Cyborg was through the Teen Titans cartoon.”

“You know, I was in the middle of high school [when Teen Titans debuted], and I was like, ‘This show speaks to me’ because there were all of these characters going through these real teen issues while also saving the world. The extent of my knowledge was just about that.”

However, the actor went on to say that the animated iteration of Cyborg would not necessarily be the one that makes it onto film.

“Once I was cast, though, they send you a whole library of stuff about the character so I ended up being able to fall in love with the comic book version which can be very different,” he explained. “I feel like I know him like the back of my hand, but there’s always somebody who knows a little more than me about things.”

Later at the panel, Fisher went on to specifically describe how Victor will come off in Justice League. The actor said his character's "greatest trait is resilience. The guy has gone through a lot in terms of his physical and mental state. Imagine waking up one day and most of your body is metal."

"I think he represents...Borg Life, which is the ability to take the negative situations in you life and turn them into something positive to help other people. I think epitomizes that [idea]. I think we’ve got a lot of very, very interesting dynamics just laid throughout the entire film with all these characters. You know, you see so much - you see how similar they are and how different they can be at the same time. It’s beautiful to watch."
    http://comicbook.com/2016/11/20/ray-...ustice-league/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

There's a rumor that one GL may appear in the JL movie. I hope it's true even if it's just a cameo. I also it's Hal. I'm still that him and Barry have some interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    There's a rumor that one GL may appear in the JL movie. I hope it's true even if it's just a cameo. I also it's Hal. I'm still that him and Barry have some interaction.
    I get that. I love Hal too. And I love the Hal/Barry relationship.

But while I love Hal the team is still pretty darn white and that's just not consistent with the times in which we live. It's sort of unbelievable in 2016 that as recently as a few decades ago, ALL superheroes were white. Then ALMOST all, with the rare token. And, after replacing Martian Manhunter with Cyborg, the Justice League roster we'll see in the movie will be 5 white heroes and 1 black hero.

That being the case, though Hal was always my notion of what a GL should be, growing up as I did in the 1970s, when it was radical to introduce John Stewart, a black GL, I fully expect that if we only see one member of the GLC it will be John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz. And, really, for the sake of even the barest attempt at diversity and inclusion it should be.

Incredible Member

Noobie to this thread, but I would agree with John as the G.L. Switching to the Harley Quinn film, I apologise if this had been talked about earlier, but as I said I'm new to this section as well as thread. What character do y'all think will be used in her film, both good and bad, nd are ypu as confused as I am that there has been no sequel announced despite al the money that's been made by the fans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I get that. I love Hal too. And I love the Hal/Barry relationship.

But while I love Hal the team is still pretty darn white and that's just not consistent with the times in which we live. It's sort of unbelievable in 2016 that as recently as a few decades ago, ALL superheroes were white. Then ALMOST all, with the rare token. And, after replacing Martian Manhunter with Cyborg, the Justice League roster we'll see in the movie will be 5 white heroes and 1 black hero.

That being the case, though Hal was always my notion of what a GL should be, growing up as I did in the 1970s, when it was radical to introduce John Stewart, a black GL, I fully expect that if we only see one member of the GLC it will be John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz. And, really, for the sake of even the barest attempt at diversity and inclusion it should be.
    Jason Momoa is Polynesian.

Edit: I'd love to see John (or Kyle) on the DCEU Justice League. But only if Wally replaces Barry as the Flash in a future film. If Barry is the Flash it should be Hal, they're the iconic relationship. John has better chemistry with Wally. If they go the legacy hero route for future films I'd love to see John replace Hal, but only if he brings Wally with him.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 11-20-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

I get that, but when you think about it, some of the the members look pretty ambiguous.. Gal with her upturned almond eyes and the cheekbones (I mean come on), and even Ezra with his whole facial structure, eyes I really thought the dude had a half asian thing but turns out his dad was jewish, mother European descent..

besides we also have Jason Mamoa whose half Polynesian and Ray whose black/african american. You have someone from the middle east, so not everyone's American And if they're using Barry then I think Hal would be the better fit. His interaction would seem more better and not too forced if written properly. I could see John maybe, Baz? Well, technically by US standards Baz is still "white" just not european descent (besides a lot of Southern Europeans have more higher degrees of ME blood and they're still considered white despite sometimes having almond eyes/thicker lips tanner skin and even curly hair).. but hey he's not European descent so he'll probably have a different cultural aspect. Jess could really bring for the latinas I hope they cast a Mestizo actress and not a "white" latina actress as I'm pretty sure that's what the writers had in mind with her being as a huge amount of Latinos are typically either Mulattos or Mestizos.

Ot sorry. I still think Hal if it's Barry and if Flash wasn't Barry, then John.

BANNED

Who the frick wants boring John "Honey I Boomed the Xaanshi" Stewart?

Stewart what's interesting about you?

Stewart: uh......I'm black?

I had been avoiding Suicide Squad. I'm a huge of the Ostrander comic and I had heard such bad things about it. I watched the extended cut and I really enjoyed it. It definitely had its faults but I thought it was good overall. The story itself was paper thin but I thought they did a good job with all the characters. The only problem I had with it was when Waller killed all those people. The Wall is hard core but she's not a cold blooded killer. The Joker wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as people and critics have said. I think it helped that I went in thinking it was going to suck. I really enjoyed the expansion of the DCEU. I mean, Midway City is where the Doom Patrol originally called home! Plus the after credits scene with Bruce and Amanda basically telling each other that they know who they are.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-21-2016 at 02:41 AM.

I think the Lantern in JL should be either Kyle or Jessica. Kyle's my favorite so I'm biased obviously but Cruz and he would be an asset for the massively underrepresented Latin demographic (who I heard were pretty instrumental in boosting Suicide Squad's box office numbers).

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post

Man, you really like Trump. Every time I see an offensive post here, I look to see who posted and it's you again. That was the only thing I could think to say in response to this post that wouldn't get me banned. I don't call this a racist post but it's so very much part of a pattern. You guys walk a mean tightrope but Krypto can hear what you contribute here without his super-hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post

To be honest, John Stewart was ridiculously interesting as a character in the Eighties and Nineties, when he was John Stewart the architect. Green Lantern: Mosaic, as an example, still brings tears to my eyes every time I re-read it and I realize how absolutely unique and genuinely anti-establishment John's voice was in the superhero landscape of the time thanks to Gerard Jones at writing duties. Even his status as "the Black Green Lantern" was masterfully explored, with his alienation from humanity and its narrow forma mentis treated as an extension of his pre-existing alienation from the rest of the Black community, followed by a re-evaluation of the multiple facets of the condition of being an American citizen of African descent and how John could still see himself in each one of them.

But then came the Justice League cartoon and its John Stewart the marine and all of that complexity was lost thanks to a slew of writers who took the easier way to write the character. Because a superhero who can scrutinise the faults of Le Corbusier's ideal city when applied to the real world is apparently less interesting than a G.I. Joe who can shoot laser beams.

As you can see by my avatar I'd prefer Hal and am fairly confident it will be him, with a Hal John team up in the GLC movie (if they ever make it, which I have serious doubts they will).

Jessica Cruz would be the smart business decision. The team is too male and there are pretty much no Hispanic superheroes in movies now, and she's more of an everyman than anyone else on the team. It definitely won't be Simon, given how much the US and the West is scared shitless by Muslims now.

Ultimately the GL in these movies is probably going to be irrelevant to how much money they'll make and will probably be irrelevant to the plot aswell.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think the Lantern in JL should be either Kyle or Jessica. Kyle's my favorite so I'm biased obviously but Cruz and he would be an asset for the massively underrepresented Latin demographic (who I heard were pretty instrumental in boosting Suicide Squad's box office numbers).
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cruz, if only to reduce the sausage-quotient down from six dudes and one chick (who comes from a magic feminist paradise where women are allowed to be warriors and heroes *because there are no men*) to a *slightly* less lopsided five dudes and two chicks...