Page 798 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848898 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When someone demands "all or nothing," they usually get nothing.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Biden either. But with the exception of Obama, I've never been thrilled with the Democratic nominee for President. But most of the time, I've sucked it up and voted for the "good enough" candidate over the absolutely horrible candidate.
    The people who are "Bernie or Bust" legitimately have "Bust" as their second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    "Don't say mean things at me on the internet or I'll vote against fighting against climate change and healthcare" is apparently the take for some.
    Did you miss Knight saying practically the same stuff yesterday? Why don't you call him out too, since I will unequivocally say I'm against anyone letting online assholes affect their votes regardless of who they have the option of voting for. I voted for Bernie & Warren in the last 2 primaries, but I'll vote for whoever is the nominee in 2020 because Trump & his Gang of Poseurs will actively fight against the principles of both moderates and progressives if left unchecked.

That's the choice we have this year: Vote for the people who will stand between the GoP and tearing everything down, or Don't Vote and allow them to piss on the sick as they ruin the countryside for profit. It's not what I wanted to happen or where I wanted us to be, but it's the reality of the situation and we need to face it regardless.

A Trump Republican operative I’ve know for decades approached me in a restaurant this week with hand outstretched as usual. I smiled and said we’re not shaking hands anymore and he said “Do you believe that stuff?”
    Twitter Link

If you want to stay healthy, don't shake hands. If you are a Science-doubting Republican, there is a whole section in the Darwin Awards for you.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Disinformation Campaign Being Launched Against Biden

During a town hall on Fox News Thursday night, Trump once again alluded to the idea that Biden is unfit for office. While the lies about the Bidens and Burisma will likely continue, the Daily Caller reports that this new line of attack will be a focus for Republicans and the Trump campaign.

This issue, however, is not simply being raised by Trump and his enablers. Steve Friess reports that a memo about Biden’s “cognitive decline” is circulating among Sanders’ supporters.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Clinton undid Clinton. Clinton re-runs 2016 more than anyone, Mrs. "My Turn" gets 90% of the blame. It NEVER should have been that close if she was so electable.

Again Bernie supporters went for HER, more than HER PUMA-Ass, Obamaboy hatin supporters did for the first Bi-racial President.
    This is funny because no candidate in any primary in the history of the universe has ever been more "my turn" than Bernard Sanders 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    She's more toxic than mobs targeted at high profile politicians (Elisabeth Warren), made death threats (Ava Duverney and Roberta Lange)?

https://thegrio.com/2020/02/24/ava-d...rs-supporters/

https://www.salon.com/2016/05/17/ber...-chair-170919/

Please, stop diminishing abuse and harassment on the internet, that's not what being a progressive is.
    Well, things that go against Mr. My Turn are ALWAYS worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Bernie Bros on Twitter. Lord give us strength. I mean the number of Tweet comments I'm seeing that are (along the lines of) "oh look, a Biden supporter said a bad word/oh look, a Biden supporter said this person is mean, when will Biden apologise". Damn, they still don't get it. They have possibly (probably) destroyed Sanders chance of getting the nomination, and yet still... a) missing the point guys, completely b) No. Just no. You don't get countless articles and interviews specifically talking about how noticeably nastier you are then ALL the others put together (minus Trump supporters) and then get to cry wolf. You guys lost too much support because of how obviously unkind and unproductive the online hate was; and you won't win back support with "whatabout-isms".

Bernie bros are doing the same thing. I find it interesting how two groups whose political views are the polar opposite have the same characteristic/personality traits.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This is deeply disturbing. At this point, it's difficult to piece together all of the dirty tricks going on in the background and whether they're all part of a concerted, organized effort on behalf of the Republican party or if there's something deeper going on.
    This has to be illegal. At some point it stops being "dirty tricks" and starts turning into watergate/stasi bullshit

I could say I'm the fastest man in the world. Usain Bolt can say he is the fastest man in the world. Whether we share the same characteristic traits would depend on your sound research and factual judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Here is a hypothetical question

If Sanders, Biden, and Bloomberg hadn't entered the race ...

Who would have been the last two standing? [Gabbard is not included since she should have dropped out long time ago].

I'm guessing some combination of Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and/or someone else.
    Warren and Buttigieg most likely. But for a really unlucky break in Iowa and Klobuchar having the debate of her life in New Hampshire, Pete would likely be the one with all of the moderate donor money and have enjoyed massive press coverage momentum.

Maybe Harris would have had more breathing room as the establishment candidate.

OMG the cognitive decline thing. So r/politics has once again become Bernie central(same thing happend for a bit in2016). Most of the articles are Bernie centric. To the point that some regulars were surprised the Biden did well on super Tuesday. Well now that they have gotten over the shock its nothing but people talking about how Biden is declining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When someone demands "all or nothing," they usually get nothing.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Biden either. But with the exception of Obama, I've never been thrilled with the Democratic nominee for President. But most of the time, I've sucked it up and voted for the "good enough" candidate over the absolutely horrible candidate.
    It's just frustrating that with all the supposedly young, fresh faces in the party these days, we are about to nominate this senile old doofus who, despite what his supporters claim, isn't anywhere near a slam dunk in terms of electability. Frankly, when this cycle started, I didn't even want Bernie, I thought that time had passed him by and that out of that huge field someone would step up and take up the mantle for the progressive cause, but one by one, they proved to be either fraudulent or folded under the limelight. Honestly, this country is quickly devolving a kakistocracy, all the good and intelligent people hate how dirty politics is and avoid it at all costs, meaning that the only people we have to choose from are scumbags and liars. The honorable, upstanding citizens who pass up lucrative careers to run for office are few and far between these days, everyone is just some corrupt, slimy *******, no wonder we can never push a decent turnout.

Just got caught up on the last few days here.

Like I said Brother Jack and The Brotherhood.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    This has to be illegal. At some point it stops being "dirty tricks" and starts turning into watergate/stasi bullshit
    One thing we can be sure of is that the situation is actually worse than we know.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-07-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    One thing we can be sure of is that the situation is actually worse than we know.
    If the places he recorded are two party consent states they definitely committed a crime, and I'll bet there are some Rico offenses there as well.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum