Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Trump's concerning mental health

I know there is already a political thread, but I am posting this more out of a general concern for President Trump's state of mind. I would like to confine this thread strictly to Trump's psychological behavior. So please don't inject general political issues. (I am a swing voter, and generally non partisan)

That being said, i feel that Trump has been handling the spread of the coronavirus horribly, as the United States has now jumped to the most recorded cases in the world. More importantly, I believe that a lot has to do with the state of his mental health, as he does not appear to be living in reality, and comes off as psychologically unhinged in interviews.

The fact that he would go on live television and tell people to gather together in large crowds on Easter, really freaks me out!!! That's how the spread took off in Iran. I live North of the US border, but share the same landmass, and I think it's going to start to spread through your country like wildfire.

Is it just me? What are you noticing about his behavior.

He's a narcissist and a sociopath. Other people don't matter to him. To him, we're all no different than inanimate objects that just happen to walk and talk. Even his own family doesn't matter to him except for how he can use them for his own profit. Even the princess Ivanka only matters to him as a sexual object (a pathology all its own). The man has no sense of empathy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

You know, for all his craziness, and from my foreigner point of view, he hasn't yet done anything worst than what Georgie Bush did.

Like you know, starting a war just to get himself re-elected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    You know, for all his craziness, and from my foreigner point of view, he hasn't yet done anything worst than what Georgie Bush did.

Unlike Bush he failed at doing that, but he's tried again and again and again to make sure war occurs in countries like North Korea, and Iran. We came this close to a war with Iran when that general got assassinated.

Bush got into a war because he trusted his advisors who lied to him.
    Trump failed to get into a war despite drone striking a man EVERYONE told him not to.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Bush got into a war because he trusted his advisors who lied to him
    Please friend, i can't get out of my house to go see a doctor, i rolled my eyes so hard i almost lost both eyes reading that.

Think about my health damn you!!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    He's a narcissist and a sociopath. Other people don't matter to him. To him, we're all no different than inanimate objects that just happen to walk and talk. Even his own family doesn't matter to him except for how he can use them for his own profit. Even the princess Ivanka only matters to him as a sexual object (a pathology all its own). The man has no sense of empathy.
    Unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think I am, Trump has yet to express so much as a minute's worth of sympathy towards all the people who've died from COVID-19, and that's because he can't be bothered with such trivial matters. Trump filters EVERYTHING through the narrow prism of his selfish needs and narcissism, after all, he intentionally slow walked the government's response to the virus because he feared how it might affect his re-election chances, he even went so far as to call the crisis a Democrat created hoax designed to take him down. Not once did he, or has he put the interests of the people before his own, that's because he can't, or won't. Trump is a clear and present danger to the country, and his foolish actions will only result in more deaths, deaths he won't give even half a **** about.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

2003 wasn't an election year.

Extraordinary Member

He cares more about his re-election chances and valued trying to not disrupt the economy more than dealing with a problem. He’s also an idiot with no consistency. This is on brand for him

This is nothing new, he's always been like this.

Trump a jerk... but I'm not sure that he's mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Trump a jerk... but I'm not sure that he's mentally ill.
    Also crude, malicious, spiteful, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic and just plain ignorant as hell. The problem is, Trump is very much in his right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Also crude, malicious, spiteful, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic and just plain ignorant as hell. The problem is, Trump is very much in his right mind.
    It's a feature, not a bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It's a feature, not a bug!
    The thing is, it’s not like those nasty traits regarding Trump popped up out of nowhere overnight, he’s ALWAYS been like this. But no one paid him much attention when he was nothing more than a wannabe Manhattan high roller, snake oil salesman and TV huckster. Even though he’s the president, Trump hasn’t changed a lick.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Bush got into a war because he trusted his advisors who lied to him.
    Trump failed to get into a war despite drone striking a man EVERYONE told him not to.
    Bush knew they were lies. He had a bug up his ass for Iraq since his father's war. And then his management of that war was atrocious.
    Until now, Bush did more damage to the country. The Iraq War, Katrina response and the Economic Crash of 08. We have to wait and see if Trump harms us more with this crisis. And of course, not being re-elected will mitigate that.
    But this is true. Trump is probably the worst human being to ever sit in the Oval Office.
    He is also a drug addict.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!