Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay. This is a problem. They should lower the price if it contains only comics.
    They can get away with that by now offering current comics with a shorter delay than the 12-month lag that they offered before. They can claim that this change offsets the loss of the other material, so they can keep the price the same as before.

Yeah, it's six months instead of a year. Parity with Marvel Unlimited... which charges the same, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then they weren't "stuck on newsstand".
    the one im referring to was before the one skyvolts referring to

Yeah, it's six months instead of a year. Parity with Marvel Unlimited... which charges the same, right?
    Marvel is $10 a month.

And there’s some discrepancies in their content because they don’t share files with Comixology.
    DC Universe is given the same files that DC Comics gives to Comixology.

I remember the last time I used Marvel Unlimited, there were books missing that were on Comixology and there were some books on MU that hadn’t come to Comixology, yet.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Marvel Unlimited's new comics are now only three months old. DC Universe is behind once again.

That's COVID's fault. Would've had nothing to release on there for a few months without that change. Bad luck for DC I suppose.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Marvel is $10 a month.

And there’s some discrepancies in their content because they don’t share files with Comixology.
    DC Universe is given the same files that DC Comics gives to Comixology.

I remember the last time I used Marvel Unlimited, there were books missing that were on Comixology and there were some books on MU that hadn’t come to Comixology, yet.
    If you sign up now for an annual membership the price drops to $4.58/month. The only books that Comixology would have that MU doesn't are some of the licensed characters. For example, none of the Conan books are on there yet or the Dark Tower series. Sure,there are missing gaps in some series, but you still have 28000+ to choose from. Plus they just decreased the wait time to 3 months for current books to hit the site.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    If you sign up now for an annual membership the price drops to $4.58/month. The only books that Comixology would have that MU doesn't are some of the licensed characters. For example, none of the Conan books are on there yet or the Dark Tower series. Sure,there are missing gaps in some series, but you still have 28000+ to choose from. Plus they just decreased the wait time to 3 months for current books to hit the site.
    Back when I last used it, the ‘70s and ‘80s Dr. Strange, the original Defenders series and a few of the other low tier titles of the '80s (which I prefer more than the big name characters) all had issues missing off one service or the other.
    Looking over their list now, it seems they filled in a lot of the gaps.
    And they have added a lot of stuff like Tomb of Dracula and Werewolf by Night since the last time I subbed.

I may get it again next month to compliment DC Universe.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    They can get away with that by now offering current comics with a shorter delay than the 12-month lag that they offered before. They can claim that this change offsets the loss of the other material, so they can keep the price the same as before.
    12 MONTHS?! That's ridiculous. That sounds like they want people to quit the subscription and buy floppies, or the Comixology version, since that's same day. So we know it's not a technical issue, they really just urging people to buy floppies instead... or trades, if they wanna follow current comics.

So still urging people to buy floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Marvel Unlimited's new comics are now only three months old. DC Universe is behind once again.
    A bit better but I still don't get this disparity when Comixology is same-day.

Oh! OH! Okay, nevermind. I remember. This is a subscription for all. It's not fair if you only pay a trade price per month to get every single comic published that month.

I get it. I get why there's disparity. That 12 month thing actually sounds fair now.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, I wish DC would announce the original comics that are going to be on the service already. The longer the wait, the more I assume it'l just be the walmart line of books coming or those digital frist titles like harley black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, I wish DC would announce the original comics that are going to be on the service already. The longer the wait, the more I assume it'l just be the walmart line of books coming or those digital frist titles like harley black and white.
    In general DC's digital first stuff isn't announced too far in advance. Injustice Year Zero was announced the day its first chapter dropped, and a new issue of Harley Quinn Black and White and Red released yesterday with literally no promotion. If DCUIO books(sheesh what a mouthful) follow the same pattern I'll assume a bunch of new titles will be on the updated service in late January when it transitions.

Spectacular Member

The platforms is officialy launch today, somebody test it ?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    The platforms is officialy launch today, somebody test it ?
    It seems fine on my computer. I'll give it a look on my tablet later tonight to see if the experience is better. Interestingly, the shop categories are (in order):
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Superman
    Harley Quinn
    The rest.

Guess she's still the fourth pillar and Clark got bumped to #3.

Are people's memberships supposed to carry over because even though my membership profile and saved comics are still there, it's saying I have to pay to read any of the old comics I tried to open.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are people's memberships supposed to carry over because even though my membership profile and saved comics are still there, it's saying I have to pay to read any of the old comics I tried to open.
    They're supposed to carry over.
    I would mention it to Applejack in the forum.