Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    As a guy who voted Gary Johnson, and knowing the average voter wants to dumb everything down to one or two issues, exploring candidates for their flaws and voting accordingly died a LONG time ago.

That said, I feel like Hillary bitterness needs to go away. What's done is done.
    Yeah, so what if an election was stolen. So what if a foriegn power helped put an opperative in the White House who is slowly destroying the country.
    Bend over and move on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Press Briefing: When asked by a Reporter if she, as a parent, has any empathy towards the parents whose children are being taken away from them, Sarah showed no emotion and just told him to sit down and move on tot eh next question. So, I guess the answer is no.
    There was a rumor on the internets a few hours ago that SHS was on her way out, along with her deputy. Now they are denying it though.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, so what if an election was stolen. So what if a foriegn power helped put an opperative in the White House who is slowly destroying the country.
    Bend over and move on.
    Does it really matter that Russian interference gave the election to Trump, when Hillary once took money for telling Goldman Sachs to hire more women? It's kind of a toss up, innit?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Does it really matter that Russian interference gave the election to Trump, when Hillary once took money for telling Goldman Sachs to hire more women? It's kind of a toss up, innit?
    Yes. It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Yes. It does.
    But what if I told you Hillary's husband had an affair? Doesn't that even the scales?

Hillary was right!

I think you guys are reaching peak echo chamber in here. The amount of vitriol directed at someone saying that Clinton was a flawed candidate despite voting for her anyways, and having voted for one of the furthest to the left Republicans in recent memory 8 years ago is unreal. Clearly he is at fault for Trump. <eyeroll>

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think you guys are reaching peak echo chamber in here. The amount of vitriol directed at someone saying that Clinton was a flawed candidate despite voting for her anyways, and having voted for one of the furthest to the left Republicans in recent memory 8 years ago is unreal. Clearly he is at fault for Trump. <eyeroll>
    When the guy in question has focused almost solely on Clinton's flaws, mocked the Russia investigation as being useless, said that nothing short of the 2nd's repeal is worth pursuing, said that any who die due to lost healthcare are worth it to be right, and more you think WE are the ones in an echo chamber for pointing out these flaws?

Newsflash: Clinton made mistakes, she had flaws, and I didn't like her personally. I don't think anyone has claimed she was perfect here, but pretending that her loss is solely on her shoulders with everything else that's happened and the new details that continue to come out is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Trust me, defending that poster is not the hill you want to die on, either.

Hillary was right!

Also: A whole bunch of us agreeing that what somebody does and says is hypocritical and/or not very smart could indeed mean this is an "echo chamber."

Or it could just mean that we are right.

Hillary was right!

Man, remember quiet news days? When did those end?

Sessions uses the bible to justify ripping children from their parents.

Sarah H. Sanders agrees with him, refuses to answer questions about her alleged "feelings."

FBI did not play favors with Clinton (Duh!).

Trump Foundation sued by NY AG.

Fed raises interest rates because inflation is back, baby!

Trump salutes evil general.

Trump lies about 110 year old parents of Korean War veterans talking to him.

Russia and Saudia Arabia .... actually facing off in soccer, not in "who can make Trump jump higher" game.

IT'S ONLY 4:30 pm!!

Hillary was right!

But what if I told you Hillary's husband had an affair? Doesn't that even the scales?
    lol I think you're really just joking with me to make the point of the ridiculousness of "Whataboutism," but I can't be sure.

I was going to put an image of Fry with his squinted eyes here, but I don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    First, that's not the politician from the linked article. Second that assumes this asshat is right about the only reason for Steele. Which is a racist statement itself. Quacks like a duck. But keep defending this bs, we can get you a bigger shovel.
    I don't see why the argument should be confined to one particular situation, since the one with Walters covered similar ground.

Why is it "racist" for Walters to accuse his own party of tokenism? In the quote provided, he didn't say anything about Steele except to imply that he wasn't actually qualified, that Steele was the beneficiary of tokenism. If a critic accused a white filmmaker of tokenism, would that make the critic a racist?

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...17351031861248

IG found that on numerous occasions, COMEY used a personal GMail account to conduct official FBI business, according to source briefed on the report.
    Hillary Clinton issued this response.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...76361101582336

But my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    YUUUUUP

and with ICE putting kids in cages and ripping kids right off mothers breasts, I dont blame them

but Im sure ICEs current tactics are ok with many so called Americans out there
    Did it start with Trump, though? I don't have a problem with the idea that Trump made a bad situation worse. But the Washington Post presented some strong evidence that the problem started during the Obama administration.

For the first years of the Obama administration, the United States maintained fewer than 100 beds for family detention. But by the end of 2014, the administration had plans for more than 3,000 beds, and immigration advocates said the ramp-up had broken with America’s tradition of welcoming those seeking a haven from violence. At the Dilley facility, detainees described in interviews an understaffed medical clinic and rampant sickness among children, among other problems.
    The article goes on to state that the ramping-up of the detention process was a reaction to a mounting tide of asylum seekers.

The Central American asylum seekers were coming mostly from three countries in meltdown — El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras — where gang and drug-related violence have grown so rampant that their murder rates are now three of the world’s five highest, according to U.N. data. By claiming that they feared for their safety, the Central Americans were not subject, as are other unauthorized migrants, to ordinary deportation; they were entitled to press their asylum claims. But Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, who oversees ICE, heard from border patrollers that the emergency was brewing momentum: People kept coming because word was out that the United States was granting permisos to new arrivals, allowing them to walk right into the country.

According to lawmakers and administration officials, Johnson determined that the United States could cut down the surge only by demonstrating that asylum seekers wouldn’t receive leniency. Johnson won approval from the White House to explore ramping up family detention for asylum seekers on a scale never before seen in America, part of what he called an “aggressive deterrence strategy.” He ordered ICE to figure out a way to make it work.

“This whole thing [was] building and reaching an unsustainable level,” said Christian Marrone, then Johnson’s chief of staff. “We had to take measures to stem the tide.”
    As I said, I can believe that Trump may have made a bad situation worse. But it would be nice to know EXACTLY how, rather than just repeating that he must've done so because he's a racist, etc.

Trump saluted a North Korean general. Video here.

Remember when Obama got into trouble for bowing? At this point, Trump curtsied to despotic sheikhs and saluted the general of a murderous dictatorship.
    Both reactions are stupid, no matter who said them, and are probably orchestrated by media-people trying to make something out of nothing.