Page 48 of 148 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Like I said, something is different this year. Mahomes is like the best guy I've seen since ... Dawson maybe. At least DeBerg. Montana, Krieg - these guys were at the end of their careers when they came to KC.

Also it appears KC is now everyone's darling. Their game with the Bengals just kicked the Rams-49ers game out of the Sunday night slot in Week 7. (Not that anyone wants to see the Niners these days):

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/10/1...me-follow-suit
    I'd much rather watch Bengals/Chiefs than a Jimmy G-less 49ner's vs Rams which looks to be as dull as a brick. And 49ner's vs Seahawks? GAH! I'll take a different game please. At least with Rams/ner's you get to see a Super Bowl contender in the Rams.

K.C. is fun and exciting now with Mahomes lighting it up at historic levels. But the defense doesn't seem that great. Come play-off time it will be interesting to see how Mahomes does and can he hang with an opposing offense that might just meet him score for score while under the pressure of a play-off game to go with it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How on Earth did the Giants think that all they needed was a Running Back to make a playoff run?
    Because they're too stupid to know better? Sure Barkley IS the real deal, but Eli is going downhill fast, if the Giants don't draft a quarterback in the 2019 draft, they'll be even more foolish.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Because they're too stupid to know better? Sure Barkley IS the real deal, but Eli is going downhill fast, if the Giants don't draft a quarterback in the 2019 draft, they'll be even more foolish.
    But will they have anything like the class of QBs they just passed by? And will they have such a prime Draft pick?
    Looks more and more like they wasted a #2 choice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

But will they have anything like the class of QBs they just passed by? And will they have such a prime Draft pick?
    Looks more and more like they wasted a #2 choice.
    Then their only other option will be to roll the dice in the free agent market and potentially spend far more on a QB than they would've have with a draft pick.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Eagles turned their season around last night. They will lose to the Jags, Saints, and Ram, but will win the rest and finish 10-6. The rest of the division will be below .500.
    The Giants should draft Penn State QB Trace McSorley next year. He and Saquon were already great together. They can recreate their magic for the Giants.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

How on Earth did the Giants think that all they needed was a Running Back to make a playoff run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well they also assumed Beckham would actually play once they paid him. Or something. Any Giants fans know whats going on there?

The idea was to fix the offensive line (why they signed Soldier) for Manning and Barkley , plus having Beckham on the outside and they had a decent offense. But the issues with the team is Eli has always been up/down. His entire career is one where he'll look like the 2nd coming for a stretch of games and then for a stretch throw a high number of Ints and all. I mean he won 2 Super Bowls on a streak of playing out of this world and then he would struggle.

They made the right choice for now. Whoever they bring in as a young QB has a stud RB to lean on as well as Beckham if he can get himself to play mentally.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Because franchise QBs are easy to find and Drafts like this one happen every year?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

True, Eli is streaky. But ... he's on an awfully long bad streak right now. I almost like what one commentator said today - have Barkley play wildcat next game.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As much as Eli Manning is having some struggles well its not like Derek Carr who now has people speculating that Gruden possibly will move on from him next season. The Raiders signed Carr to a huge contract 2 seasons ago but can opt out after this season and only have $7+ million in dead money count against the cap. Plus the Raiders have 2 , 1st round draft picks and can get the QB they desire early.

Another team having 2nd thoughts after signing someone to a huge deal is ... Washington. 2 seasons ago they signed Josh Norman (CB) to a huge $75+ million dollar contract . The idea was Norman was gonna be the next superstar CB in the league. But what Washington didn't realize was that Norman was a "scheme player" as Bucky Brooks points out in this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-quarterbacks

Norman's play has been so bad that the Redskins saw him get beaten a lot on Monday night.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So in a game where Josh Norman has to be playing for his paycheck to stay in Washington ....its revealed that Norman went into team meeting after a shoddy Monday performance playing his earphones and Gruden demanded he remove them. He listened but claims he'll still carry his headphones with him. Which shows he's either a huge idiot or begging the team to cut him.

Miami leading Chicago with Osweiler at QB for an injured Tannerhill. Seems Tannerhill has had a bad shoulder the last 2 weeks, which might be one of the reasons the Dolphin O has been weak the last few games.
    Yes, other reasons they lost as well.

Adrian Peterson is a WARRIOR out there folks. He breaks a run after near being taken down and loses his shoe from breaking that tackle. He isn't healthy but ya gotta give the 33/34 year old Peterson props ...he wants this.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

My prediction is the Titans rebound defeating the Black Birds aka the Ravens in a great dramatic entertaining close entertaining exciting game 24-17. The Titans defense has 2 interceptions, Henry runs for more than 101 yards and 1 touchdown, and Mariota throws 2 touchdowns.

I'm so damn joyful that 2 guys on MVP Podcasts both picked the Ravens and 1 even said the Titans are pretenders and the fall starts vs the Ravens. Can't wait to see them proven wrong today for this game.
    Last edited by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon; 10-14-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Browns have reverted to awful the Chargers steamrolling them in Cleveland 28-6 making the Chargers look like the AFC Rams or Super Chargers.

Also more misery for Dolphins continues because the visitor Bears lead 21-10.

Well in terrible news , The Buffalo Bills lost Josh Allen in the 3rd quarter due to an injury. Nathan Peterman came in and shockingly....actually threw a TD pass. No one could believe it and people had to go actually be stunned that the Bills actually have a lead with him now.

Also NFL.Com is reporting its unlikely the Bills will trade McCoy back to the Eagles.