Page 24 of 772 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I love seeing Storm mixing it in H2H just as much as her demonstrating creative use of her powers, being influential and charismatic, or being well intetioned but flawed. 4 hrs & 20 min until I can see it! Thanks for the heads up.
    Oh your welcome!!!
    Your right it’s been a LONG time since Storm mixed H2H with her powers and it’s about time a writer thought about doing something like that. Gerry Duggan did a great job.

I don’t understand how anyone can call this Bruce Lee move “Cute” Storm hasn’t done something like this in 30+ plus years and we see it again and now it’s “cute”.......lol ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    WOW! that spoilers:
    heart freeze punch
    end of spoilers was hardcore. Like damn!!!
    This has to be one of my favorite issues of Marauders now.

It was emotional roller coaster and I really enjoyed it. Gerry Duggan has a good handle on Storm as a character and is very creative in the use of her powers.

The Woman pulled a Bruce Lee Move. Lol

Astonishing Member

Well that was a pretty fun issue. Got to say Storm's Duggan wasn't half bad I'm actually gonna miss her on this book. Say what you will but he had mad respect for the Storm character and didn't humiliate her every issue to prop up Kate or Emma *Guggenheim*. Excited to see where Storm goes from here and hope she's not off any books for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well that was a pretty fun issue. Got to say Storm's Duggan wasn't half bad I'm actually gonna miss her on this book. Say what you will but he had mad respect for the Storm character and didn't humiliate her every issue to prop up Kate or Emma *Guggenheim*. Excited to see where Storm goes from here and hope she's not off any books for too long.
    Just bc she's leaving the team doesnt mean she's leaving the book. I learned that with Jean quitting X-Force like 5 issues ago yet still popping up on future covers and teases by the writer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just bc she's leaving the team doesnt mean she's leaving the book. I learned that with Jean quitting X-Force like 5 issues ago yet still popping up on future covers and teases by the writer
    This is true lol

BANNED

one punch ONE kill ahah

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Stories are written months in advance.
    What was stated at this time (Storm's leaving) will take at least three months before it's actualised in-story.

While I thoroughly enjoyed reading her, I won't miss Storm in Marauders because I do love the other ensemble characters (I was reading for all the characters, not just one) and...she'll be doing other stuffs in X-Men and elsewhere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    More important than a being "feat", it's a great, emotional scene.
    Yeah I think we were all wondering if this issue would illustrate how emotional the Crucible would be for the party doing the killing and Duggan did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Oh your welcome!!!
    Your right it’s been a LONG time since Storm mixed H2H with her powers and it’s about time a writer thought about doing something like that. Gerry Duggan did a great job.

I don’t understand how anyone can call this Bruce Lee move “Cute” Storm hasn’t done something like this in 30+ plus years and we see it again and now it’s “cute”.......lol ok.
    I guess you haven't been reading much of Storm in the last 30 years...

Attachment 104731

She could have dropped Callisto from the other side of the world if she wanted to.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So

spoilers:
    Storm traveled on lightning again (3rd time) and stopped callisto heart with a punch. very cute but as yoga said we been knew she could do that from a distance. it was nice showing though
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Attachment 104731

She could have dropped Callisto from the other side of the world if she wanted to.
    ooh thanks for the history lesson boo. you know I love these and you are absolutely right! I forgot about the Xtreme one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

While I thoroughly enjoyed reading her, I won't miss Storm in Marauders because I do love the other ensemble characters (I was reading for all the characters, not just one) and...she'll be doing other stuffs in X-Men and elsewhere.
    LOL...the only other 2 characters used in this book are Emma and Kitty

yes this has totally been a kitty and emma book. its a shame how the men in the book have been Mia.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies.
    I LOVE Emma and Kate and Callisto. I really like Bishop and Iceman. I like Pyro.
    My point was...I appreciate ALL the characters who appear in this team/book, eventhough some are heavily featured more than others. It doesn't hurt me that the ones I do LOVE are front and centre.

I'm not particularly sorry it sucks so much for other readers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    WOW! that spoilers:
    heart freeze punch
    end of spoilers was hardcore. Like damn!!!
    I think you are right. it was a freeze.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Actually, I have been reading Storm in the last 30 years. I don’t think you understood what I was saying so let me clarify.

When was the last time you saw Storm combined her powers with H2H in actual Combat?.....it’s been a long time almost never.

one of my favorite storm h2h w/ powers showings:

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Actually, I have been reading Storm in the last 30 years. I don’t think you understood what I was saying so let me clarify.

When was the last time you saw Storm combined her powers with H2H in actual Combat?.....it’s been a long time almost never.
    I think the last time I can recall her doing this was in her solo.