View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the Queen of Marvel?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Widow

5 1.74%
  • Captain Marvel - Carol

42 14.58%
  • Elektra

3 1.04%
  • Invisible Woman

40 13.89%
  • Jean Grey

40 13.89%
  • Jessica Jones

5 1.74%
  • (Lady) Thor - Jane

2 0.69%
  • Ms. Marvel - Kamala

10 3.47%
  • Scarlet Witch

13 4.51%
  • She-Hulk

19 6.60%
  • Spider-Woman

4 1.39%
  • Squirrel Girl

8 2.78%
  • Storm

71 24.65%
  • Wasp

7 2.43%
  • Other - please explain

19 6.60%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Eh, all I can really say to this is: until there's in-universe confirmation, hints amount to nothing. I don't care what a writer tells me when they could have shown me. It's J.K. Rowling confirming Dumbledore as gay all over again.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Eh, all I can really say to this is: until there's in-universe confirmation, hints amount to nothing. I don't care what a writer tells me when they could have shown me. It's J.K. Rowling confirming Dumbledore as gay all over again.
    exactly... which makes me sad because I want storm to be an omega!!!! GRRRRR lol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly... which makes me sad because I want storm to be an omega!!!! GRRRRR lol
    Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the problems presented on the other end of that spectrum, having a character's sexuality be their only trait to drive point the home how positive they are. Is their anything wrong with LGBT characters? Absolutely not, but we should support and expect well developed, well written characters.

And yeah, Storm is more than worthy of Omega status.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of the problems presented on the other end of that spectrum, having a character's sexuality be their only trait to drive point the home how positive they are. Is their anything wrong with LGBT characters? Absolutely not, but we should support and expect well developed, well written characters.
    there is of course no issues with lgbt characters, i am all for it. however, if we are using references not from 616 or scans that don't specifically state this, then i don't think anyone can make a definitive claim she is.

And yeah, Storm is more than worthy of Omega status.
    agreed! I hope it happens in her solo finally.

but why do you need subtext, especially in this day in age with characters like Daken and Iceman around.
    Iceman is older than storm; creation-wise. look how long it took to out him. Daken was created with sexuality in mind. and they still didn't confirm Daken's sexuality. in some interview, they said that he was just all-purpose manipulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Iceman is older than storm; creation-wise. look how long it took to out him. Daken was created with sexuality in mind. and they still didn't confirm Daken's sexuality. in some interview, they said that he was just all-purpose manipulative.
    right i understand that. but if they were able to confirm he was gay without much if any hints at him being gay, why is it taking it so long with a character like storm who has all of these instances that demonstrate she is bisexual?

right i understand that. but if they were able to confirm he was gay without much if any hints at him being gay, why is it taking it so long with a character like storm who has all of these instances that demonstrate she is bisexual?
    It's called "Bendis-prerogative"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It's called "Bendis-prerogative"?
    wait is bendis the one who changed iceman's sexuality?

Where in 616 canon does Storm explicitly state she is bisexual? What scans with Yukio are you referencing where it undeniably confirmed she is bisexual? We have many about Daken and Iceman, surely you can find one from 616 that doesn't require you posting dream sequences from Tchalla's mind or twitter posts from writers. If you can't point to 616 as your objective evidence it didn't happen. As much as I want Storm to be Omega-level, and as much as I believe she has done enough to be confirmed as one, since it has not been explicitly stated as such on panel she isn't one. In fact Willow Wilson herself stated Ororo is an omega-level mutant, which she wrote her in the female featured xmen team, but that doesn't make her omega-level. And that is the same with her "bisexuality".

http://www.cbr.com/wilsons-x-men-fin...burning-world/

Lastly, I'm not saying Axis made her bisexual. That is what 616 states about the events that transpired there, that it made the heroes act differently from what they would normally.

So I will be waiting on those scans

Which doesn't include their sexuality, and doesn't include Storm's sexuality. Like I said, the writer already confirmed Storm's bi-sexuality was already there and the AXIS had nothing to do with it.

So yeah, the AXIS made heroes act differently than they would normally.

And the AXIS had nothing to do with Storm's bi-sexuality because it was already there.

Both of those things are true and were confirmed by the person that wrote it. There isn't much more you need.

You may PERSONALLY want a story based around Storm's orientation or for people to acknowledge it the way they do Wonder Woman, but that's a preference more than a lack of confirmation. When the guy that wrote the story confirms Storm's bi-sexuality, sometimes that's all we're going to get. Would it be great to have "more"? Sure.

But this isn't about Marvel focusing more on Storm's orientation, it's whether or not Storm is that orientation, and the writer confirmed so. That's all there is to it.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Which doesn't include their sexuality, and doesn't include Storm's sexuality. Like I said, the writer already confirmed Storm's bi-sexuality was already there and the AXIS had nothing to do with it.

So yeah, the AXIS made heroes act differently than they would normally.

And the AXIS had nothing to do with Storm's bi-sexuality because it was already there.

Both of those things are true and were confirmed by the person that wrote it. There isn't much more you need.

You may PERSONALLY want a story based around Storm's orientation or for people to acknowledge it the way they do Wonder Woman, but that's a preference more than a lack of confirmation. When the guy that wrote the story confirms Storm's bi-sexuality, sometimes that's all we're going to get. Would it be great to have "more"? Sure.

But this isn't about Marvel focusing more on Storm's orientation, it's whether or not Storm is that orientation, and the writer confirmed so. That's all there is to it.
    where does it say that it only inverted their behavior with the exception of their sexuality? where have you seen storm going around normally kissing random women, let alone people in general in canon?

it was already there based on what in 616 canon? I keep asking for scans and you have yet to show me any with the exception of the one from tchalla's mind.

Willow Wilson wrote a few issues of Storm and mentioned she is an Omega level mutant. Do you also then claim that Storm is an omega-level mutant?

Willow confirmed she is Omega so I guess that's all there is to it as well.

No all of that is not true and again unless you can confirm it from 616 canon, it's nothing but head canon and fanfiction.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

where does it say that it only inverted their behavior with the exception of their sexuality?
    THE WRITER OF THE SCENE SAID IT. Good god.

where have you seen storm going around normally kissing random women, let alone people in general in canon?
    AND THERE is the problem. Storm's not "bi enough" because she doesn't go around kissing women left and right to 'prove' she's bi and she can't just be very selective about the women she's with or only want Yukio.
    It's not enough to have a writer confirm she was bi and that her and Yukio had an intimate relationship. We need to see Storm making out with multiple women as our form of confirmation. Tell me, how many women outside of Destiny did Mystique go around making out with willy nilly?

No offense but this kind of thinking towards bisexuality infuriates me.

No all of that is not true and again unless you can confirm it from 616 canon, it's nothing but head canon and fanfiction.
    It's not exactly head cannon when the writer himself confirms it. YOU just don't want to accept it because it wasn't enough for you. Unfortunately that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and hasn't been confirmed.

there is of course no issues with lgbt characters, i am all for it. however, if we are using references not from 616 or scans that don't specifically state this, then i don't think anyone can make a definitive claim she is.
    Even the person that wrote her?

Also, Storm being bi-sexual doesn't mean she can't be devoted to T'Challa or any other man. It also doesn't mean she needs to have multiple exploits with women to prove her bi-sexuality.

There are many bisexuals, and lesbians out there whom are very selective about that kind of thing and if the only woman Storm found suitable for an intimate relationship with is Yukio, than it's fine. Has she been with men? Yes. Has she been with a woman with whom she admitted probably made her the happiest she'd ever felt? Yes. Both of those things are true.

What's worse is the whole "Storm was with multiple guys but maybe only one girl seriously so how is she bi" stuff is about as tiring as it gets to be honest. How many women has Mystique been with outside of Destiny? Now compare that to the amount of men she's been with. See what I mean? But there's no question about Mystique's orientation. They fortunately expanded upon it a bit more than they have Storm's, but the whole "she's dated men more than women" angle doesn't hold weight there.

The problem is when people try to put "bisexuality" in a box and need evidence of various promiscuity with both sexes to confirm it because one statement 'wasn't loud enough' for them they either want a louder statement or would rather act like none at all was made. But the fact of the matter is, the person who wrote her confirmed it. Sometimes that's all you're really getting. Jubilee got kissed by a female mutant and liked it enough to want to 'discuss' more with her later, but you still got people questioning her orientation too cause a character didn't go out of their way to say "Jubilee.. you know she's....". And you also have reserved bisexuals that are very selective about the women they are intimate with, sometimes more so than the men they are intimate with because it's their preferences and feelings towards it. When a writer confirms that Storm is bi, I'm not gonna sit back and say "Where's her making out with multiple women!? I needs more proof!!! I need Storm making out with Psylocke!"

The main point is that the guy wrote that kiss with having nothing to do with the AXIS changing Storm's bisexuality, and rather as an actual confirmation of her bisexuality already being there. That went to Marvel with that layout, and Marvel okay'd it. If they had a problem with it, the scene never would have happened.

Now would I love to see Marvel prop up Storm the way DC has Wonder Woman's orientation? Sure!!! But it doesn't take away from the fact it's already there and been confirmed.

It can be confirmed and you can still say "I want MARVEL to make a grander statement about it, because it wasn't loud enough for me last time." but not being loud enough doesn't mean it wasn't there.

It's there, and Storm is. You can be dissatisfied because you want it acknowledged more often, or at least louder. But that doesn't mean it already wasn't acknowledged. Just not to the standard you want it to be.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.

where does it say that it only inverted their behavior with the exception of their sexuality? where have you seen storm going around normally kissing random women, let alone people in general in canon?
    googled "Storm kissing." there were a surprising number of lip locking moments; most of them with Wolverine (like meme worthy). she has her libertine moments; like hanging out in a hot tub with Callisto's tentacles all over her.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-20-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    googled "Storm kissing." there were a surprising number of lip locking moments; most of them with Wolverine (like meme worthy). she has her libertine moments; like hanging out in a hot tub with Callisto's tentacles all over her.
    You mean the arena

even worse than I remembered. Claremont's internet search history must be out of this world.