Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

To answer the question of if she will be resurrected or not. Thats been a story arc thats been brewing in Vita's book since the first issue. Its something Gabby has inquired about and the NM have given an unconvincing answer to
    Thank you! I wonder how will they play her clone or not status

Actually nevermind. Not even worth it.

In regards to this issue. Vita did awesome dialogue wise and the art was better than expected.

I'm sure FA wiped her mind before he killed her because he knows about ressurection.

The one thing that this is going to bring up story wise is if clones will be brought back.

This is going to be such a good story beat. Also when Laura and Daken find out she was killed.

Shiet is going to go down.

Also WTF is up with Rhane she's acting like such a beezie.

And I can't believe she left Gabby alone with Amahl. (IDK how to spell his name)

Also i dont think thats queerbaiting. Do some of you gays not have straight friends?

I flirt with my straight guy friends like this all the time. And they flirt back.

When you have years of friendship with an individual you get comfortable being flrity and playful. IMO.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-16-2021 at 08:14 AM.

BANNED

To answer the question of if she will be resurrected or not. Thats been a story arc thats been brewing in Vita's book since the first issue. Its something Gabby has inquired about and the NM have given an unconvincing answer to
    If Laura — who by Comics definitions is considered a clone even if she isn't really (even her own in-universe creator said so) — qualified for resurrection then Gabby should.

Astonishing Member

Consider me doubtfull that even under these circumstances she remains dead for long.

Especialy after the whole Kitty Pryde situation in Marauders which lasted like what? 2 or 3 issues?

I have the feeling it won't be long until either they bring in some loophole for her to get a spare body and memory download or they find a way to revive her actual body.

Especialy since the kids who find her have played around with possessing dead bodies and transfering minds. Considering that Gabby has a healing factor all they need is to trigger that one to restore her body and put her mind back in. Which would be a classic resurection technique ala Wolverine (and also how revival works in the manga Delicious in Dungeon). So all the tools are allready on the table for her to come back in less than 6 issues.

The only way death could matter if there are mutants who explicity have put the will in that they are not to be brought back if they die. But nobody so far seems to have presented that mindset.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-16-2021 at 08:23 AM.

This was a fantastic issue to showcase how the original New Mutants group function as a family. And was a great showcase of why Warlock is considered one of the best members.

Then you get to that last few pages with Gabby and you just get hit with a feels brick outta nowhere D:

If Planet Sized X-Men wasn't out this week this would be by far the best of the Hellfire Gala issues.

Extraordinary Member

I'd have much preferred to see the other characters talking with the other heroes like Dani got to do as opposed to getting stuck with comedy-relief no-name artist. Karma could have talked business with Stark and he might have expressed interest in her robot leg. Magik could have talked to Strange or pretty much anybody. I also never knew that Dani was apparently good friends with Captain America and Captain Marvel. I would have thought the one she'd be chatting it up with would be Thor.

LOVED THIS ISSUE!

When Shadow King said, "There will come a time when we will have to face the world again," I immediately knew that I want Vita to be one of the leading voices after this Hickman era (along with Ewing). Their work on New Mutants has consistently impressed and I can't wait to read more!

It is interesting that it is not Shadow King who is in command, it is Farouk

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Ayala and NM are like a hand and a glove they're dialogue and ability to humanize their cast is commenable. This books continues to juggle different themes and an assortment of likeable characters to great effect.

So did Gabby commit suicide? That shits kinda dark.

Astonishing Member

Shadow king killed her

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    When death means nothing nowadays. What's the point of Gabby dying? There's no shock value anymore.

Let's bring back the original New Mutants instead eg. Magma.
    It will mean something if they say they won't bring her back due to her origins, and they damn well better bring her back or else they will have to deal with a pissed of family of mutants with awesome healing factors and claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It will mean something if they say they won't bring her back due to her origins, and they damn well better bring her back or else they will have to deal with a pissed of family of mutants with awesome healing factors and claws.
    yeah and what are they gonna do? All Laura and Daken can do is huff and puff. They have no power to influence decisions and if they dont stand down and prove to be problematic (which I dont think they would be), then away to the Pits they go with Sabretooth

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they immediately want the Wolverines to join Mystique in burning Krakoa down that's a great way to do it

Extraordinary Member

yeah and what are they gonna do? All Laura and Daken can do is huff and puff. They have no power to influence decisions and if they dont stand down and prove to be problematic (which I dont think they would be), then away to the Pits they go with Sabretooth
    As I've said, this is going to affect more than just Laura and Daken. The death of a kid on Krakoa is going to be a pretty big deal among the younger crowd, and you can bet Magik is going to raise hell if the council decides that one of her babies needs to stay dead. All the New Mutants (with the possible exception of Rahne depending on how much Farouk has his claws in her) are going to petitioning for her to be resurrected.