Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Agents of Atlas Appreciation 2021

Hi all. Welcome to the new Agents of Atlas appreciation thread 2021! Whether you want to show some love for the new Agents:

or the classic:

you can do it here!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 01-01-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Happy New Year to the Agents of Atlas in all their incarnations .

I look forward to animated versions and live action. I hope that animation comes first to do some non-budget-limited interpretations of their abilities.
    Anybody know how many TPBs exist for both factions so far?

Hi all, wanted to ask if anyone else read Aero and Sword Master's appearance in the King In Black: Black Knight #1?:

Felt it was alright. Spurrier certainly did his homework. One can read traces of the Sword Master and Aero series in here. Powers, abilities, characteristics, they all seem consistent with previous appearances. At the same time, I felt Sword Master's personality as coming off as a little too much. There's immature and then there's flat out dishonorable. Seemed Lin was depicted as being the latter. Still, he redeemed himself later in the end. That was cool.

In any case, wanted to spotlight another appearance of the Agents.
    "I am a man of peace."

Amazing Member

I know after watching Wandavision people are wanting a Jimmy Woo/ Darcy show where they solve X-files style cases but what is the likelihood of the show raising internal interest in Woo heading up an Agents of Atlas team?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hi all, wanted to ask if anyone else read Aero and Sword Master's appearance in the King In Black: Black Knight #1?:
    Not related to King In Black, but are those older Aero and Sword Master series relevant if I wanted to get into new incarnation of AoA?

They're their origin stories, and Aero's backup is Wave's origin, so yeah, they're important.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not related to King In Black, but are those older Aero and Sword Master series relevant if I wanted to get into new incarnation of AoA?
    They're relevant in a way. The American localization of the series are good reading and they'll give some backstory and power sets. Aero's series is especially helpful since she isn't just a Marvel version of Red Tornado. She can do some pretty awesome and creative things with her wind powers. However, towards issues 7 or 8, you get a good sense of who the characters are. The rest is repetitious and towards the end both series stop suddenly. I believe they continue in the original Chinese versions, but I've yet to read them.

I know after watching Wandavision people are wanting a Jimmy Woo/ Darcy show where they solve X-files style cases but what is the likelihood of the show raising internal interest in Woo heading up an Agents of Atlas team?
    Ha, y'know I've heard a lot of buzz surrounding Jimmy's appearance in Wandavision. Simu Liu even joked that his Shang-Chi could crossover with Jimmy and do some X-Files stuff. Still, MCU Jimmy is different from MU Jimmy. The former is comedic while the latter is serious and a leader. In both regards however, there has to be more development and quite frankly more awesome moments that build Jimmy up as a badass.

As for set up, well, just reread Atlantis Attacks #5 a couple of weeks ago. Jimmy has become the de facto leader of the Agents again, while Amadeus has now become a free agent. I'd like to see Jimmy clash with Shang regarding leadership of the Agents. Shang has just taken over his father's empire (say what?! Yep, check it out in the latest Shang-Chi miniseries). Jimmy and Shang are now key players and I feel that there could be a collision of power and control between the two.
    "I am a man of peace."

I thought Aero and Sword Master were pretty good in the King of Black one shot. I was more ambivalent to them in Agent of Atlas because they came across as background characters. King of Black allowed more of a spotlight on them. Granted I don't know how accurate their personalities are. They worked more as foils to Black Knight. He gets a second wind by witnessing them step up.

I wouldn't mind if Aero pops up in the Iron Man comic. She has a mild case of hero worship to Tony Stark. So playing her off Cantwell's take on Tony could be interesting. Cantwell's take on Tony is more introspective and insecure. I got the feeling he desperately wants to be liked and appreciated. So putting him with Aero could be carthathic.

Hey all. Sorry didn't get to this sooner, but did anyone catch Taskmaster #3?

Featured an appearance by our favorite fox spirit White Fox! Granted, it was a Taskmaster comic. Thus, there were scenes like this:

But she still held her own. Plus, there were some other great scenes too. Got to see the Tiger Division, which is South Korea's national superhuman team. Also got what looks like South Korea's answer to Captain America with Taegukgi:

Really cool. Over the past decade or so Marvel has been building up it's super teams throughout Asia. The Ascendant in China, the Philippine's Triumph Division, Japan's Big Hero Six, and now the Tiger Division. I just feel it, there's a storyline here involving all of these parties. The Agents of Atlas would be caught in the middle somehow.

In any case, go check out Taskmaster #3 if you haven't done so. Great stuff!
    Last edited by Tien Long; 02-14-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

Feige mentioned soon to South East Asian Superhero in MCU?

Few Supers from that region. AoAs Wave comes into mind.

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/statu...30943612760067

Atlantis_Attacks_Vol_1_4_Textless.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Sorry didn't get to this sooner, but did anyone catch Taskmaster #3?

Featured an appearance by our favorite fox spirit White Fox! Granted, it was a Taskmaster comic. Thus, there were scenes like this:

But she still held her own. Plus, there were some other great scenes too. Got to see the Tiger Division, which is South Korea's national superhuman team. Also got what looks like South Korea's answer to Captain America with Taegukgi:

Really cool. Over the past decade or so Marvel has been building up it's super teams throughout Asia. The Ascendant in China, the Philippine's Triumph Division, Japan's Big Hero Six, and now the Tiger Division. I just feel it, there's a storyline here involving all of these parties. The Agents of Atlas would be caught in the middle somehow.

In any case, go check out Taskmaster #3 if you haven't done so. Great stuff!
    Big Hero Six is pretty much banned from being used by Marvel now, because Disney made a movie about them and want that version to be the only version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post

Blue Dragon, Sun Bird, Shatter Shell, War Tiger

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sea.mas...heroes%3famp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post

Radiating some strong Mera imagery here.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Big Hero Six is pretty much banned from being used by Marvel now, because Disney made a movie about them and want that version to be the only version.
    They have moved to the Future Avengers as Japan's team.