Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The deal with Regent will have to be revealed in the next two issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed quite Syndrome-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The deal with Regent will have to be revealed in the next two issues. I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed quite Syndrome-y.
    Maybe Regent is the RYV element that carries over into ANAD Marvel. Everyone assumes Annie will carry over, but maybe it's Regent. Or maybe the 616 Roman finds some of the RYV Regent's tech and gets inspired...

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Maybe Regent is the RYV element that carries over into ANAD Marvel. Everyone assumes Annie will carry over, but maybe it's Regent. Or maybe the 616 Roman finds some of the RYV Regent's tech and gets inspired...
    That last theory seems like a pretty strong possibility.

Also, why is this thread here instead of on the Spider-Board?

Well Annie was something people wanted to carry over but after the announcements of ASM, we kinda accepted that that wouldn't be the case though I still hope it's not Regent. He's such an uninteresting villain concept by comparison to Spider-Man's rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well Annie was something people wanted to carry over but after the announcements of ASM, we kinda accepted that that wouldn't be the case though I still hope it's not Regent. He's such an uninteresting villain concept by comparison to Spider-Man's rogues.
    He's evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

I guess an ANAD incarnation of the Regent couldn't call himself, though. Unless we want him conquering New York or another area in-continuity, what the hell would he be the Regent of?

(Also, I guess it's weird that he's not running around Battleworld collecting other samplers of superheroes for his collection. Doom's law aside, since he's the Baron of the Regency he should know there's other domains out there, and it's not like he'd be the first guy to sneak outside of his domain. Looking at you, Maestro.)

He's evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

I guess an ANAD incarnation of the Regent couldn't call himself, though. Unless we want him conquering New York or another area in-continuity, what the hell would he be the Regent of?

(Also, I guess it's weird that he's not running around Battleworld collecting other samplers of superheroes for his collection. Doom's law aside, since he's the Baron of the Regency he should know there's other domains out there, and it's not like he'd be the first guy to sneak outside of his domain. Looking at you, Maestro.)
    They are all copies of the heroes in his domain, so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    They are all copies of the heroes in his domain, so why bother?
    There could be heroes who don't exist inside the Regency which he hasn't captured.

Okay, great to see Sandman as a good guy, well, close to one...maybe.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Does somebody ever though that Roman could be Norman Osborn's new disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Okay, great to see Sandman as a good guy, well, close to one...maybe.
    Regent is capturing anyone with superhuman abilities. Sandman is working for SHIELD out of necessity. Notice how Spidey's first reaction was to assume Sandman had joined the Sinister Six.

(I hope the actual issue explains how they knew Spider-Man's name in that moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    Damn, I'm really liking this series and yet I keep fearing it's gonna rip my heart out soon enough, lol
    This is my fear too. This is why I'm doing my best to avoid this series. But Annie May is making that VERY difficult. She's entering Kamala Khan territories of being lovable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

ANNIE MAY W. Parker? Maybe she can go by "Anime"? Cute kid.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

This is (thus far) the best married Spidey story I have read

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Regent is capturing anyone with superhuman abilities. Sandman is working for SHIELD out of necessity. Notice how Spidey's first reaction was to assume Sandman had joined the Sinister Six.

(I hope the actual issue explains how they knew Spider-Man's name in that moment.)
    I'm not sure that requires an explanation. Shield is a Spy organization, They gather information for a living.

Furyhawk may have known Spidey's identity from back in his Avenger's days. Or perhaps they only figured it out recently.

Assuming that Peter and MJ have had similar careers to their 616 selves; MJ is probably well known as a former Model/Actress. Anyone who paid attention to the video footage of Venom's last stand may have recognized her. Shield may have been keeping tabs on MJ and family from that time forward.

Peter might be remembered as the photographer who got all those spidey pics back in the day. Now Spider-Man shows twice up at a local school after an absence of years and one of the students; Annie May Parker just happens to be the child of Spider-Man's personal PR guy! I know my Spider-Sense would be tingling.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    I'm not sure that requires an explanation. Shield is a Spy organization, They gather information for a living.

Furyhawk may have known Spidey's identity from back in his Avenger's days. Or perhaps they only figured it out recently.

Assuming that Peter and MJ have had similar careers to their 616 selves; MJ is probably well known as a former Model/Actress. Anyone who paid attention to the video footage of Venom's last stand may have recognized her. Shield may have been keeping tabs on MJ and family from that time forward.

Peter might be remembered as the photographer who got all those spidey pics back in the day. Now Spider-Man shows twice up at a local school after an absence of years and one of the students; Annie May Parker just happens to be the child of Spider-Man's personal PR guy! I know my Spider-Sense would be tingling.
    The Avengers definitely didn't know Spidey's secret ID. Iron Man said that Spidey's need to keep his ID secret was the reason he was never an Avenger in the first issue. It's possible they dug it up after the fact, but given Peter had given up the webs for years until the events of #2, that explanation seems rather lackluster. (And if they had, why had nobody approached Peter in all those years to chew him out for leaving the Avengers behind or asking him to join their resistance movement?)