Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm surprised we didn't have a Zelda movie before now. Seems it would be easier to do than Mario.

Anyone remember this? For an April's Fool stunt it was pretty good, imagine one with actual studio backing.

There was a Netflix Zelda series in the works before that got canned because it leaked.

After the 93 Mario movie, Nintendo has been incredibly, perhaps rightfully, scared of adaptations.

Netflix Zelda would have been amazing if they approached it with the same respect to the source material they did with Castlevania. Though it would never happen, I still believe Studio Ghibli are the perfect ones for the job.

I do hope the new animated Mario movie is up to the challenge.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    After the 93 Mario movie, Nintendo has been incredibly, perhaps rightfully, scared of adaptations.

Netflix Zelda would have been amazing if they approached it with the same respect to the source material they did with Castlevania. Though it would never happen, I still believe Studio Ghibli are the perfect ones for the job.

I do hope the new animated Mario movie is up to the challenge.
    I feel like a Zelda series would be more in the vein of an Avatar cartoon unless they go for more of a Twilight Princess vibe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Since the plan is to make a cinematic universe what does this mean for Eggman? Having the same main villain for everything won't translate well to film like it does video games. A lot of the secondary villains will need promotions

BANNED

The post-credits have leaked online, confirming that spoilers:
    Shadow is coming
    end of spoilers

https://www.cbr.com/sonic-2s-post-cr...or-revelation/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Since the plan is to make a cinematic universe what does this mean for Eggman? Having the same main villain for everything won't translate well to film like it does video games. A lot of the secondary villains will need promotions
    Maybe Chaos? Although Eggman's behind him in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Chaos? Although Eggman's behind him in the games.
    Chaos doesn't have his own urgency. He would need a handler. Eggman would fill that role best within Sonic gallery.

Shadow would work if his creation is disconnected from Eggman. Have him be a creation of G.U.N instead of Eggman's granddad. I wouldn't mind if they dropped Maria too.

Since the studio wants a cinematic universe Mephiles would make for a fine Thanos level villain. I imagine fans won't be happy if the films draw from Sonic 06

Chaos doesn't have his own urgency. He would need a handler. Eggman would fill that role best within Sonic gallery.

Shadow would work if his creation is disconnected from Eggman. Have him be a creation of G.U.N instead of Eggman's granddad. I wouldn't mind if they dropped Maria too.

Since the studio wants a cinematic universe Mephiles would make for a fine Thanos level villain. I imagine fans won't be happy if the films draw from Sonic 06
    I feel like Shadow would feel too soon after they just did Knuckles, especially with the way they're handling him.

I feel like Shadow would feel too soon after they just did Knuckles, especially with the way they're handling him.
    If not Shadow then Metal Sonic. He can be obedient before going rogue. The film could sidestep him being a creation of Eggman by having his assistant be his creator. That guy has to be good for something

If not Shadow then Metal Sonic. He can be obedient before going rogue. The film could sidestep him being a creation of Eggman by having his assistant be his creator. That guy has to be good for something
    Well, Metal Sonic does have precedence for going rogue...

Well, Metal Sonic does have precedence for going rogue...
    That reminds me, I should finish Sonic CD at some point in my life. With a walkthrough. That game's confusing.

I like Sonic and played the games on Sega Genesis and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on Dreamcast but knowledge of the Sonic Universe is limited to that really. I am not sure if Sonic has strong enough characters and rouges gallery to carry a cinematic universe. The most popular characters in Sonic have been introduced already between the first movie and this upcoming sequel. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Shadow who will no doubt appear in the third movie.

I barely remember any of Sonic's other side characters. I think there was the female Hedgehog Amy and big Cat, and like a female bat. None of them seem all that interesting to me. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I like Sonic and played the games on Sega Genesis and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on Dreamcast but knowledge of the Sonic Universe is limited to that really. I am not sure if Sonic has strong enough characters and rouges gallery to carry a cinematic universe. The most popular characters in Sonic have been introduced already between the first movie and this upcoming sequel. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Shadow who will no doubt appear in the third movie.

I barely remember any of Sonic's other side characters. I think there was the female Hedgehog Amy and big Cat, and like a female bat. None of them seem all that interesting to me. I could be wrong though.
    Sonic does have a cast that's large enough to support a cinematic universe. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are strong enough and go side characters of their own to carry a project. That's just using characters that have appeared in the games.

The real issue with a Sonic cinematic universe is on the villain front as their isn't a huge pool of main villains to draw from.

Sonic does have a cast that's large enough to support a cinematic universe. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are strong enough and go side characters of their own to carry a project. That's just using characters that have appeared in the games.

The real issue with a Sonic cinematic universe is on the villain front as their isn't a huge pool of main villains to draw from.
    Gotcha well I genuinely enjoyed the first movie and I look forward to watching this second one. If the characters are cool I am down to see them in future movies.

We're already getting a Knuckles spinoff (that I could see Rouge or the Chaotix showing up in).