Page 222 of 308 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4616

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    behind Scenes 2x01 1 pic
    So excited about the second season of this show. Everything I see from it thus far gives me hope that this will build nicely on the foundation of the first season. Plus, it means more Polaris and the Stepford Sisters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited about this! Loved her on Empire (before her character went WAY off the rails) and I'm so excited to see her as a part of The Gifted. I'm guessing she'll be playing the character you brought up, seeing as how Reeva was the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club. Although I do believe they hid Thunderbird's name for a while, so who knows. I can't wait!
    How do you like her acting?

She has a best selling book and its very much a sign the network and studio believes a great deal in Hellfire given the weight they have put behind it, but on some level it means we are going to have to have big shifts in screen time if they are going to do the Underground, Hellfire, The Morlocks, The SS and The Purifiers at the same time.

I am betting they alter the season one screen time formula between groups.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-05-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    How do you like her acting?

She has a best selling book and its very much a sign the network and studio believes a great deal in Hellfire given the weight they have put behind it, but on some level it means we are going to have to have big shifts in screen time if they are going to do the Underground, Hellfire, The Morlocks, The SS and The Purifiers at the same time.

I am betting they alter the season one screen time formula between groups.
    I think she's a pretty talented actress imo. She played one of the antagonists of the show, and did a good job of making you not like the character.

Yeah, with all these characters they're going to require a lot of balance, and hopefully do a bit better than the first season.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 06-05-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I am already trying to think of some of the music or themes they could use for the Hellfire Club. I wonder how far they'll go to like glamorize them and make them appear sort of like what the Underground could or should have been

It's a line between "Hellfire are villains, the mutant equivalent of Purifiers" which I don't like and "Hellfire are basically a mistake and the members will eventually leave or reform and reunite with the Underground" which is too wishy washy as well. It will be a true test of the show's writing/acting to straddle those areas. Don't get me wrong I actually am in favor of internal change within the Hellfire Club and sort of showing how the new personalities leave their own imprint on the organization (especially Lorna). A purely power hungry secret society of elites...? Doesn't sound the same as like some kind of mutant revolution you know? So there may need to be some personnel/policy alterations, possibly accomplished via force

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Power duplication, I just thought, for not using Frenzy. She's pretty much just like T-bird, only I think she has superhuman speed, vs. his 'tracking' powers. They got the strength & durability in common, tho. Or maybe it's just 'cause she's in Dark PhoeniX, since Genosha supposedly is, so who knows.
    Hmm well it'd be a waste of Frenzy for her to briefly background cameo in one film though compared to being a mainstay on a TV series.

Also the whole "prone to extreme violence" bit suggests a physical mutation more so than a supersonic one that alters brain chemistry (which is kind of what the Frosts already do no?).

I do agree this show has not been shy about just literally naming the canon characters they use though, without massively changing them around either. So if they were going to use Frenzy they likely would just call her Frenzy. Shrug.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 06-05-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

TV Line suggests an actress for Callisto.

Jessica Camacho
    Past gig: Taken
    New gig: Fox’s The Gifted plans to introduce the Morlocks in Season 2, and Camacho could be very badass as group co-founder Callisto.

I am already trying to think of some of the music or themes they could use for the Hellfire Club. I wonder how far they'll go to like glamorize them and make them appear sort of like what the Underground could or should have been

It's a line between "Hellfire are villains, the mutant equivalent of Purifiers" which I don't like and "Hellfire are basically a mistake and the members will eventually leave or reform and reunite with the Underground" which is too wishy washy as well. It will be a true test of the show's writing/acting to straddle those areas. Don't get me wrong I actually am in favor of internal change within the Hellfire Club and sort of showing how the new personalities leave their own imprint on the organization (especially Lorna). A purely power hungry secret society of elites...? Doesn't sound the same as like some kind of mutant revolution you know? So there may need to be some personnel/policy alterations, possibly accomplished via force
    Jamie Chung said in an interview that Hellfire and the Underground both want equality between humans and mutants, but have different methods of going about it. I have the feeling that Hellfire itself might start to splinter between a faction who wants something more then that be it the domination of humanity or yes even their destruction and one group that is continuing on their current path.

The new character is a prime candidate for a darker path character who might end up gunning for Lorna's seat at the table.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-05-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Cool I would have expected a Callisto given the introduction of Morlocks

I'm glad that Jamie Chung said that

Not sure how I feel about the Hellfire Club splintering but we'll see. I just don't want it to be some kind of sort of corny thing where it's like, playing with Lorna "realizing she made a mistake" and "going back to her love" etc you know

I would much prefer the opposite and e.g. Lauren becoming seduced to darkness because she craves the feelings of the Fenris Effect and is realizing she is also a "von Strucker"

OBEY

Not sure how I feel about the Hellfire Club splintering but we'll see. I just don't want it to be some kind of sort of corny thing where it's like, playing with Lorna "realizing she made a mistake" and "going back to her love" etc you know
    I believe the creative team knows what it is doing. Even X-Men The Animated Series by early to middle of the series introduced characters who expanded the philosophical curve like Apocalypse and Sinister leading to team ups against them between other factions.

TAS didn’t try to turn Erik into Charles Xavier during the series or say his views were wrong, but there was an increased meeting of the minds on topics after the period of heavy conflict when they introduced new characters that really wanted the world to burn or enslave the humans.

The Gifted figured out something the X-books long ago forgot a series, especially one dealing with various points of view on race/mutant is only as good as it’s antagonist and the best ones are those readers or in this case watchers can understand their points of view and see how noble and honorable people could take them.

The comics screwed this up a long time ago oh around 1993 and have never quite proved they can do it again with their decision that antagonist has to mean they have to go out of their way to show that person/side is 100% wrong and there is no legitimate way other then what the protagonist believes.

One of the big successes so far of The Gifted is they haven’t fallen into that hole of what I would argue is speaking down to their audience and assuming they have to be handed right and wrong like the 1960s comics did.

Keep in mind the Underground is clearly on the side the show believes is the best path long term, but the show also made clear there are moments where the philosophy Charles Xavier bequeathed is pretty useless in the face of impending slavery and genocide.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-06-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

I hope Marrow shows up

more behind Scene today

Last edited by juan678; 06-09-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Am I correct in my understanding that Reeva Payge is such a minor obscure character that she has only appeared on-panel (or even been referenced by other characters) in literally 1 issue ever?

If so, I am a bit troubled by the decision to turn that into a major character for this show... it's almost like a sneaky way to just introduce an OC

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't see how her being a minor character is a problem? I'm sure there is some appeal to using a character with very little history, as they can then shape and mold them the way they see fit for the show. They don't have to be weighed down by canon that doesn't exist for the character, and get to make their own. I mean, did anyone have a problem with them using the extremely minor Beautiful Dreamer? A character that didn't even have a real name, let alone anything about her history, or personality, being established?

BANNED

I don't see how her being a minor character is a problem? I'm sure there is some appeal to using a character with very little history, as they can then shape and mold them the way they see fit for the show. They don't have to be weighed down by canon that doesn't exist for the character, and get to make their own. I mean, did anyone have a problem with them using the extremely minor Beautiful Dreamer? A character that didn't even have a real name, let alone anything about her history, or personality, being established?
    Obviously, they should've used an A-list character for a character that gets killed before the end of the season. Fans love that!

There's "minor".... and then there is "SUPER minor" you know? Like I would say probably Sage is a relatively minor character from the comics all things considered. Hell, you could really lump the Cuckoos as minor as well if you wanted probably. Blink strictly comics speaking is also kind of minor, but her movie role in DoFP bumps her up a lot from that. Some people even say Polaris is minor but I'd say she is more between minor and major. Thunderbird should count as minor but his very brief appearances were in super iconic issues so that kind of evens it out.

I guess, like I said, it's basically making an OC when there is so little context for who the character is or what they're about. That's what I don't like about it, it's kind of trying to have it both ways where you can say you're adopting from the canon but only just barely really

I'm not saying the character will be bad in the show or anything, we'll see, I assume she'll be awesome actually. But yeah I just wish they used characters with you know... like... multiple issues of appearances at least. Is that too high of a bar ?

OBEY