Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it lasted for 52 issues, even through various creative team changes and bad directions, so I don't think there's something wrong with the character inherently.

It all just depends on the creative team and the premise.
    She's had a book pretty much since the early 90s. She just didn't have one at the beginning of Rebirth, I imagine both because King had plans to use her extensively and DC was staggering the release of titles for Rebirth.

Fantastic Member

yeah but now we know it was just a cover for the bane puppet master story they could of used julie madison in the selina role and it would have been better received I think

Mighty Member

I mean, I'm still checking this out, just on the strength of Joelle Jones. She's worth it. And I do dig Selina, always have.

But I'm not going to lie, a ton of my hype for this book is now dead. I'm not even surprised at the spoiler information, I've expected something along that lines since the engagement. But the thought that DC might actually have the guts to do something genuinely different, something bold, outside the norm, and actually challenging with two of their most famous and beloved characters was just too tempting. Should have known better; lesson learned.

That said, I hope Ms Jones has a whopper of a story going right out of the gates, or I genuinely fear for the future of this title. The fanboy rage is real, and powerful. This series is going to need to be two or three times as good a book just to survive the fallout of Batman #50.

@TomKingTK
    15m15 minutes ago

Batman 50 is not the end. This is a 100 issue story documenting and celebrating the love of Batman and Catwoman. Whatever happens, whatever anyone says, nothing’s going to spoil that.
    I hope this is true. I've never been a Batman fan so all along I've planned on only picking up the issues where Selina was involved in his book after the wedding and picking up Joelle Jones' book monthly as long as it lasts. If the next 50 Batman issues and all of the Catwoman issues are leading them back together I'll be delighted. I think this could even be a more interesting story.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Ultimate Member

So give it to #100, and spend a ton more money, to MAYBE get what we were promised would be in #50?

Yeah no, not falling for it again.

Selina is so lucky to have JJ. **** this is already so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Selina is so lucky to have JJ. **** this is already so good.
    It truly looks to be perfect pairing of creator and character. Very excited for this book.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

This went from the best time to launch a catwoman book to the worst time to launch one. Trying to convince Batman fans(who are needed for a book like this to last) to pick up the new adventures of the lady who ditched bats at the altar is a tough sell. At best she was easily manipulated to hurt bruce by taking the advice of people who hate him ( sincerely happy my wife didn't seek out advice from my worst enemy the day before marrying me, probably would have ended up with a different result) and at worst she decided that Bruce should be left to a life of misery and decided that he needed to be alone and refused to tell him until the moment of the wedding so she could be a "hero".

The art does look amazing but I honestly don't know if I could buy into the book now, I will pick up the first issue because I don't want to stiff my LCS but as far as any issue past that I really don't know.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    It truly looks to be perfect pairing of creator and character. Very excited for this book.
    Also, the fact that maybe King will have less control over how Selina gets used for her new series makes it sound more enticing.

Fantastic Member

agreed on that selina is good hands as for bruce he is exiled in bane land be happy that selina was tolerated there unlike the guy who has the name on the book though it is actually bane's

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I hope this is true. I've never been a Batman fan so all along I've planned on only picking up the issues where Selina was involved in his book after the wedding and picking up Joelle Jones' book monthly as long as it lasts. If the next 50 Batman issues and all of the Catwoman issues are leading them back together I'll be delighted. I think this could even be a more interesting story.
    Is Tom King trying to destroy his career if this is another lie? Althoguh in fairness he did say it woudl be different that ending he gave not that I ma a walking encyclopedia of DC lore.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Fantastic Member

Tom King never cared for batman he is a bane fan first then selina but with his cover gone will he give batman at least some victories in his run without help I will hold my breath on that

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Tom King never cared for batman he is a bane fan first then selina but with his cover gone will he give batman at least some victories in his run without help I will hold my breath on that
    Oh come on... you've been repeating it everywhere since yesterday at least. We get it, you don't like how Batman is portrayed by King, but it's a fallacy to say that it's Bane world or anything. King batman is as heroic as ever, even if the writer and artists don't know how to depict epic fights like Snyder and Capullo did.

BANNED

Catwoman#1 is among the first comics from DC to switch back to matt paper

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...to-matt-paper/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Oh come on... you've been repeating it everywhere since yesterday at least. We get it, you don't like how Batman is portrayed by King, but it's a fallacy to say that it's Bane world or anything. King batman is as heroic as ever, even if the writer and artists don't know how to depict epic fights like Snyder and Capullo did.
    Where is he heroic in this run? I mean really? How many people has he let die and done nothing? How many horses has he needlessly killed? If this is Batman as a hero then he does need to quit because he sucks. Catwoman is the real hero of this run. She's the one who has to come in and save Batman and who refers to him as a "Stupid wounded child" or something to that effect. Batman is not as heroic as ever. Not by a long shot. He might get the crap kicked out of him more than ever though.