Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Enjoyed the preview but speaking of previews... Shouldn't Psylocke be the one having precognitive visions?
    I laughed so hard at Pixie hitting her head and people who can survive plane crashes are getting nervous.
    Here's to a series where Kitty really IS important but in absentia!
    The Wolverines all need to stop putting their bloody claws in people's food.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I am super ready for this crazy ride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So adamantium claws are clean enough to use as forks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Meh - Laura's only doing something we've seen Logan do plenty of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    It's sad that Laura's character nowadays is often reduced to what she used to be mistakenly dismissed as: "Logan with boobs".

Oh, to have back the sweet summer days of Laura being a unique and interesting character...
    Where exactly does Lauras Claws fit in her arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Armor is confirmed to be leading a team, so she's gonna survive.
    The only student whose fate is uncertain is Idie. Kitty's going thru sumthn suspicious, Anole is gonna be in a co-starring in a backup, and the remaining four are gonna be Horsemen or something. Killing Idie off in something as plain as a plain crash, after all she's been through, is not good optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I hope Ed Brisson gets very angry at the UXM writers for ignoring his comic.
    lmao

This looks really interesting. Can't wait for it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Polaris, Cannonball, Archangel and Northstar. Here we go!
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 11-08-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Ok, Armor just called Kitty "Kitty" instead of "Miss Pryde" - That's completely out of character.
    Literally Unreadable.

BANNED

Really really excited to see that Polaris and Archangel are involved in some capacity. It'll be interesting to see how/why Lorna given the last time we saw her she was with Danger and establishing a new mutant haven starting with the Raksha.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Enjoyed the preview but speaking of previews... Shouldn't Psylocke be the one having precognitive visions?
    Or Blindfold, given she is THE mutant precognitive among the X-Men. AFAIK Betsy hasn't shown those powers in quite some time. I suppose its possible Jean subconsciously picked up on somebody else's vision too.

Ultimate Member

Though did she actually establish anything or just offer them a chance to be the first students to go to said school and they didn't seem that interested...wonder if we'll see a meeting between Warren and Betsy given the recent changes and all...

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Ok, Armor just called Kitty "Kitty" instead of "Miss Pryde" - That's completely out of character.
    Literally Unreadable.
    Armor was part of the makeshift Gold team that formed when the original lineup was jailed, and ended up continuing afterwards (she and Ink were used in the next arc), and don't forget that with Storm and Nightcrawler going to the Red team and Colossus leaving after the wedding, Gold team was badly depleted, so she probably became the team's new heavy hitter (Rogue, one of the leaders of the replacement team alongside Iceman, having gone as well). Hisako has been working with Kitty for a while now, maybe she told her to be less formal? Don't forget how young Kitty actually is (she's in her early 20s). They could only be five years or so apart in age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Armor was part of the makeshift Gold team that formed when the original lineup was jailed, and ended up continuing afterwards (she and Ink were used in the next arc), and don't forget that with Storm and Nightcrawler going to the Red team and Colossus leaving after the wedding, Gold team was badly depleted, so she probably became the team's new heavy hitter (Rogue, one of the leaders of the replacement team alongside Iceman, having gone as well). Hisako has been working with Kitty for a while now, maybe she told her to be less formal? Don't forget how young Kitty actually is (she's in her early 20s). They could only be five years or so apart in age.
    See, the thing is - Armor never calls any of the older X-men by their first name.
    Not even after Emma specifically tells her to stop it during her time with the Astonishing team - when she was already a full member of the team.
    Its remarkably consistent throughout basically all her appearances.

The ONLY consistent exception being the original Logan - and the fact that she only refers to him as "Logan" rather then "Mr Logan" is pretty kinda meaningful since it indicates a closer relationship with him then with other members of the team.
    For example - in Gold - she still refers to OML as "Mr Logan", because he's NOT her Logan.

So I'm kinda disappointed this little detail was kinda missed.
    It's not THAT big of a deal, but It's a shame.

Also, I'm pretty sure she'd call Pixie" Megan" rather then "Pixie", since they were roommates.

I appreciate how it is continuing the fine tradition of killing Multiple Men.

But, yeah, this looks cool. I'm interested in where the story is going.

This looks and reads tremendously. I'm loving that Hisako is gonna get some solid panel time and/or spotlight with this event. Living for that hilarious "Oh no I phased" loss of Kitty from the plane. Bye gurl!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Can't pretend I'm not disappointed that Gambit is again sidelined from a major X-Men event.

However, the cast is solid!
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Living for that hilarious "Oh no I phased" loss of Kitty from the plane. Bye gurl!
    Like that time she jumped off a space station during Claremont's second X-run... never to be seen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'