Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't think the X-Men should really eh.

So when Wanda gets resurrected as a mutant by the 5, and they use November 1985 as the restoration point (in our time, the month before Billy/Tommy were conceived), meaning that she has no memories of anything from that point forward, is this resurrected character guilty of any crime that she needs to be punished for?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

They'll probably keep her dead to subvert expectations.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think they will the X-side doesnīt have control over her character and the Avengers side of marvel will want her back once ToM is over.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think they will the X-side doesnīt have control over her character and the Avengers side of marvel will want her back once ToM is over.
    It doesn't have to be an x-side control thing for her to stay dead. Marvel has been perfectly fine with keeping her functionally dead for years. They likely won't want her in anything for it to matter if she's back. Just the occasional teaser cover. Something like Mar-Vell status.

I really donīt know whatīs marvel problem with Wanda and Pietro honestly but I hope that after Aaron is gone they will be back in some way as part of the Avengers, my guess is that Aaron just wanted to use the group of characterīs heīs currently using and more classic ones like Wanda, Pietro, Vision etc will be back once his run is done.

That said they are keeping a Ms Marvel solo serie along with Black Widow and made a mini series just for Falcon and the Winter Soldier and another for US Agent and Ms America so I donīt think marvel is completely agaisnt MCU synergy so given Wanda still has a long way to go on the MCU I expect marvel to give her something in the near future.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-21-2021 at 12:46 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I don't think it's even Aaron's fault. Wanda hasn't been on the main team since before Disassembled.

It's likely an editorial choice. Just like not letting Zub do more stories for her was.

Ms. Marvel had a solo long, long before she was in the MCU. And there are other characters they do like to push more. Wanda's been in the MCU for 7 years. Those others like US Agent, months. Ms. Marvel has yet to appear. The writing is on the wall.

Well she was on Remenders and Duggan Uncanny Avengers and also got a solo series and some cameos on smaler titles and her part on Avengers No way home was central to the story so I definitely donīt think she will just be left on limbo when sheīs going to become a protagonist on the MCU because yes, sheīs been there for 7 years but I would not describe her as a protagonist until WandaVision series, before that she was mostly a supporting character who got some fight scenes, her situation was quite different to Tony,Natasha, Thor, Cap, Scott Lang, Carol, Nick Fury etc because their character motivations and story was explored while Wanda mostly was just there to support them, WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness is the first time we have seen her mcu character being explored in a significant way.

Well she was on Remenders and Duggan Uncanny Avengers and also got a solo series and some cameos on smaler titles and her part on Avengers No way home was central to the story so I definitely donīt think she will just be left on limbo when sheīs going to become a protagonist on the MCU because yes, sheīs been there for 7 years but I would not describe her as a protagonist until WandaVision series, before that she was mostly a supporting character who got some fight scenes, her situation was quite different to Tony,Natasha, Thor, Cap, Scott Lang, Carol, Nick Fury etc because their character motivations and story was explored while Wanda mostly was just there to support them, WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness is the first time we have seen her mcu character being explored in a significant way.
    Remenders UA and then Zub's. Duggan's was a different team that had Quicksilver on it. But those aren't the main team. And she spent a lot of the duration of UA dead, before they did the time rewind and had her hug it out with Rogue. She was gone for six months.

I don't use the MCU to gauge what comics will do, especially after Hickman stating he feels that comics should inspire the movies, not the other way around. And they were the ones that decided to have Cap being a Nazi during his prime in the MCU, and killed off Tony, had him become and AI before he was even dead in the MCU. Wanda was one of the characters not pushed during her show.

And despite Darkhold Alpha being delayed due to covid, they had plenty of other opportunities to put her in comics. And didn't do anything more than re-release old stuff. Darkhold doesn't even seem to be featuring her much. Just having her form the team. The solicits state the each one-shot will focus on a different hero. So it even likely was not meant to bank off her show. I wouldn't even doubt if they thought her show wouldn't even be popular. Given that they were surprised she even had fans to be mad about AD/HoM.

While her show is the first time she gets to have her story fully explored in the MCU, they also didn't just use her as a plot device. She had lines, she had motivations. Her turn to hero very central. She wasn't comatose or dead while everyone sits around talking about her. That was almost Pietro. Save for them allowing characters to actually talk about him. Even in her show where his mere mention was deluded.

Comics are different. Where her powers are most important to writers and apparently who she's related to, because her own identity isn't enough for some reason. Even though there are thousands of comics to draw from for inspiration for her own stuff.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-21-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

I point out that they are putting Strange and Spidey in the ground with films coming out

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't have to be an x-side control thing for her to stay dead. Marvel has been perfectly fine with keeping her functionally dead for years. They likely won't want her in anything for it to matter if she's back. Just the occasional teaser cover. Something like Mar-Vell status.
    Explain yourself, because Wanda has had more relevance in the comics than Storm, for example, which seems more filling than anything else.

She un the last years was in all incarnations of Uncanny Avengers, she was in Avengers No Surrender where they faced an enemy of maximum cosmic entity level, she has had her a comic solo, she was in AvengersNWHom, part of the strange academy cast, and in multiple other comcis.

You have a very wrong concept of what it is to have a character Dead.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-21-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Remenders UA and then Zub's. Duggan's was a different team that had Quicksilver on it. But those aren't the main team. And she spent a lot of the duration of UA dead, before they did the time rewind and had her hug it out with Rogue. She was gone for six months.

I don't use the MCU to gauge what comics will do, especially after Hickman stating he feels that comics should inspire the movies, not the other way around. And they were the ones that decided to have Cap being a Nazi during his prime in the MCU, and killed off Tony, had him become and AI before he was even dead in the MCU. Wanda was one of the characters not pushed during her show.

And despite Darkhold Alpha being delayed due to covid, they had plenty of other opportunities to put her in comics. And didn't do anything more than re-release old stuff. Darkhold doesn't even seem to be featuring her much. Just having her form the team. The solicits state the each one-shot will focus on a different hero. So it even likely was not meant to bank off her show. I wouldn't even doubt if they thought her show wouldn't even be popular. Given that they were surprised she even had fans to be mad about AD/HoM.

While her show is the first time she gets to have her story fully explored in the MCU, they also didn't just use her as a plot device. She had lines, she had motivations. Her turn to hero very central. She wasn't comatose or dead while everyone sits around talking about her. That was almost Pietro. Save for them allowing characters to actually talk about him. Even in her show where his mere mention was deluded.

Comics are different. Where her powers are most important to writers and apparently who she's related to, because her own identity isn't enough for some reason. Even though there are thousands of comics to draw from for inspiration for her own stuff.
    UA sold as much or more than the main group.

And it's a lie, she was only dead like 4 issues no more most of UA vol 1 was active, in UA vol2 also in UA vol 3 she was around the last master but because she only had a comic.
    I insist you are wrong and you complain for complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    UA sold as much or more than the main group.

And it's a lie, she was only dead like 4 issues no more most of UA vol 1 was active, in UA vol2 also in UA vol 3 she was around the last master but because she only had a comic.
    I insist you are wrong and you complain for complaining.
    I never said anything about sales. I said that it's not the main group. And Wanda was indeed gone for 6 months. I know, because I waited for her return. All of Duggan's run was also without her.

Complain for complaining, lol. Besides Zub and Wanda's solo, she's had either bad, few or no showings in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    So when Wanda gets resurrected as a mutant by the 5, and they use November 1985 as the restoration point (in our time, the month before Billy/Tommy were conceived), meaning that she has no memories of anything from that point forward, is this resurrected character guilty of any crime that she needs to be punished for?
    Man that is some wishful thinking also it's not like she has been punished at all for what she did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I point out that they are putting Strange and Spidey in the ground with films coming out
    Yes but I would not put it past marvel getting them back just in time for their respective movies. Itīs not the first time they die either.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername

Secret Empire revealed that Steve was fake and we got the real Steve back to fight him off same with Tonny his "dead" ended with him taking back his Iron Man identity and yes she wasnīt a plot device on the MCU but she was not a protagonist, just a supporting character and thatīs my point, sheīs now going to become a protagonist on the MCU and it doesnīt make commercial sense to keep her on limbo. But well I will just wait and see because we donīt know their inmediate plans and who knows, maybe they will indeed keep her out for some time before getting her back.