Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

This was good. They're gonna send Emma to do Xaviers social role. She can't even eat or drink anything anymore because of what happened to Xavier. Maybe thats why she employd Callisto as a taste tester

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Or how about "there are good and bad humans just as there are good and bad mutants," but then again, I guess most X-Men writers don't want to frame it that way.
    Specially now that villains are on the island, some writers doesn't want this nuance present,

I laughed when Quentin kicked that skull

I knew that glass of champagne Xavier had was poignant.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I knew that glass of champagne Xavier had was poignant.
    Moira must be facepalming real hard at this whole situation. Years of planning were almost thrown away for a glass of champagne

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well that's a totally disingenuous take, from what I've seen Logan was snarling and seething with just as much rage over it. He's just not, y'know, psycho.
    Well satire is usually disingenuous. But it is also true, Xavier is not actually dead by fact that mutants cannot be killed as made law by Apocalypse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well satire is usually disingenuous. But it is also true, Xavier is not actually dead by fact that mutants cannot be killed as made law by Apocalypse
    Oh, ok; I didn't get the satire!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have the impression that he will stay dead as he wanted so much to be a martyr… One of favourite Charles Xavier's trick.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Human genocide is Righteous genocide?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Moira must be facepalming real hard at this whole situation. Years of planning were almost thrown away for a glass of champagne
    I hope it was delicious! Interesting that the data page says the catering workers were found tied up. So the tracker in Xavier's glass may indeed have had nothing to do with Sokovia's government. They're trying to start a war between nations!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I loved how Logan was written here actually acting like one who interacts with the world regularly with his statement that mutants aren’t gods and humans aren’t devils. Makes sense that he’s thus far one of the only mutant heroes shown working with humans since Krakoa came to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I loved how Logan was written here actually acting like one who interacts with the world regularly with his statement that mutants aren’t gods and humans aren’t devils. Makes sense that he’s thus far one of the only mutant heroes shown working with humans since Krakoa came to be.
    Yeah, it's definitely a reassuring thing to see! Honestly, if I didn't get so pissed off with Quentin so easily I'd be all over getting this monthly for that alone! (But, there's Wolverine's solo still to come, so I'll simply re-direct my love and support there!)

This was actually pretty good. Most characters sounded like actual characters and not psudeo-philosophic mouthpieces. Seeing Quire get his face shoved in after feeling gloomy from the previews was a delight. And now I'm more confident in the Wolverine series coming up.

My only complaints are minor. Xavier's death still feels like it was too soon, and I really don't care. When your 'bright new future' begins with the death of your leader it kinda falls on its face. Doesn't help that solicits have already spoiled he'll be fine, so there's no real tension. But that's a general comic book problem and not necessarily the fault of this series.

I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier and Moira planned this whole thing to demonstrate the power of Krakoa to the world and justify the creation of X-force

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Gambit pileup?

+ ONE HAND...True perpetrators try to sucker Krakoa into blaming Sokovia for X's "death," make them form X-Force and demonstrate "mutant-masterminded regime change" on Sokovia, then point fingers and say to the rest of the world, "What'd I tell you?"
    + BUT...X also inviting assassination on himself to indeed give Krakoa a reason for X-Force, further turn more on-the-fence mutants further away from non-essential sapien interaction and...whatever the Deadly Alliance hints at in "Marvel's Incoming."
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-27-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This was actually pretty good. Most characters sounded like actual characters and not psudeo-philosophic mouthpieces. Seeing Quire get his face shoved in after feeling gloomy from the previews was a delight. And now I'm more confident in the Wolverine series coming up.

My only complaints are minor. Xavier's death still feels like it was too soon, and I really don't care. When your 'bright new future' begins with the death of your leader it kinda falls on its face. Doesn't help that solicits have already spoiled he'll be fine, so there's no real tension. But that's a general comic book problem and not necessarily the fault of this series.
    With the resurrection protocol from HoX, death is no longer a source of tension. That was the point of it as anyone that dies is fair game to come back. The solicits didnt spoil anything. Xavier's death is a plot point here to catalyze the formation of X-Force.

Fantastic Member

I really want to see more of Black Tom. He's really intriguing me in this series. Wolvie's being awesome here too. It's great to see him exhibit some autonomy in thought as well as see him school Quentin. I'd like to see his character arc develop where he balances out his god complex.