Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Batgirls

I know people read into Cass and Steph's relationship (then again, they do for a lot of same-sex friendships) but future solicits seem to indicate Steph flirting with someone while Cass is doing something else.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I want Steph to be happy and it's probably better that she doesn't wallow in her recent breakup with Tim (and I'm also getting Bryan Q. Miller Batgirl vibes) but I'm curious who she's flirting with and if they're a legitimate love interest.
    I am curious, too - given how solicits teased Spellbinder or whoever as Babs's old flame...but he was really not...I don't hold out hope that this flirtation will be a serious love interest. Which disappoints me. Steph deserves more supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I would ignore that text at aipt. Page 2 of the preview itself says Robbie Rodriguez, same as the cover and same as the solicits. There's not that much to go by, but some of the noses (pointy) and mouths look to me like his work. (His noses are very similar to Sean Murphy noses.)

Oh, this is interesting - Rico Renzi is credited with the colors, not Sarah Stern. Rodriguez and Renzi worked together on the debut Spider-Gwen story, and then the first two Spider-Gwen series. Gwen's Earth-65 has a neon look to it, which is sort of like "Earth-Batgirls". Overall I think it's a good choice for a fill-in team.

Rodriguez is also scheduled for #8. Googe posted that he's starting with #9. Corona is continuing on the main covers.

Googe posted a fairly rough sample from his tablet - Steph is wide-eyed!

https://twitter.com/neilgooge/status...37821370277888

Both Rodriguez and Googe are drawing the highly stylized legs and capes, in the Corona style.
    Thanks for the update from Googe! Will have to go see if he's said anything else - I like what I see there. Definitely more than Rodriguez's work. Not quite as much as Corona, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

I know people read into Cass and Steph's relationship (then again, they do for a lot of same-sex friendships) but future solicits seem to indicate Steph flirting with someone while Cass is doing something else.
    I thought Cass had great chemistry with harper

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I thought Cass had great chemistry with harper
    That would require Harper being more relevant outside Punchline backups. And it felt like they were trying to replace Cass and Steph with Cass and Harper.

That would require Harper being more relevant outside Punchline backups. And it felt like they were trying to replace Cass and Steph with Cass and Harper.
    I like Harper. But I didn't like how the way they chose to introduce Steph and Cass basically put Harper at the center of their social lives.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

I didn’t feel that way at all? In fact I had thought spoiler bluebird and orphan would be the next birds of prey

I see.. Hoping that she does not end having a ship with a girl.. I always liked the Steph&Cass ship idea.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-15-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I see.. Hoping that she does not end having a ship with a girl.. I always liked the Steph&Cass ship idea.
    Cass and Steph to me never felt like anything romantic. More like sisters or close friends. Oddly I got more chemistry from Basil and Cassandra then Steph and Cassandra.

I didn’t feel that way at all? In fact I had thought spoiler bluebird and orphan would be the next birds of prey
    I think it's an unsaid truth that Harper was created because both Steph and Cass were off the board during the initial new 52, and that B&R: Eternal focused on Harper and Cass above other relationships (arguably over the actual Robins at times).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Cass and Steph to me never felt like anything romantic. More like sisters or close friends. Oddly I got more chemistry from Basil and Cassandra then Steph and Cassandra.
    If I had a nickel for every same-sex friendship people ship...well, I'd actually be pretty rich .

I think it's an unsaid truth that Harper was created because both Steph and Cass were off the board during the initial new 52, and that B&R: Eternal focused on Harper and Cass above other relationships (arguably over the actual Robins at times).

If I had a nickel for every same-sex friendship people ship...well, I'd actually be pretty rich .
    Same, it seems to be a thing that's been around for a long time.

On a side note, I'm still guessing its gonna be an expy of Turner. Or maybe they may shock us with Conner. Trying to think here who it can be honestly, especially if they want them to stick around.

And watch, Tim gets jealous of the flirting.

I actually asked Tynion point blank about that. Maybe I worded it wrong - I asked "Was Harper created to replace Steph and Cass/because you couldn't use Steph and Cass" (I can't remember exactly), and Tynion said no, she is supposed to have a somewhat similar energy, but not to replace them.

Extraordinary Member

i love that this date always gets refrenced in media

even titans has a photo of them at their date at the iceberg lounge

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I actually asked Tynion point blank about that. Maybe I worded it wrong - I asked "Was Harper created to replace Steph and Cass/because you couldn't use Steph and Cass" (I can't remember exactly), and Tynion said no, she is supposed to have a somewhat similar energy, but not to replace them.
    I thought Snyder created Harper. But I'm glad about that factor. I mean it's nice to have more women on the bat team and Blue Jay should be used in Batgirls sort of as their Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I thought Snyder created Harper. But I'm glad about that factor. I mean it's nice to have more women on the bat team and Blue Jay should be used in Batgirls sort of as their Huntress.
    Snyder gets credit in most people's telling, but the issue where Harper was created was driven largely by Tynion. Snyder is usually listed because she was retconned into being the girl in the first issue of Batman, but she was first named and "created" in Batman #12.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fair, although execution wise it still kind of felt like it.
    i love that this date always gets refrenced in media

even titans has a photo of them at their date at the iceberg lounge

Seem a little stiff here, but nice to see them dressed to the nines and on a date.