• Wolverine and the X-Men

8 16.33%
  • X-Men Anime

3 6.12%
  • Wolverine

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My favorite in TAS it was the best translations of stories to screen. Critiques the Pilot was great but the 1 season was iffy with the highlights being the Genosha episodes, Bishops episodes, and Season finale but once seasons 2 started it was great although it is funny how much they say destroy over dead, kill, murder, or die to appease 90's censors.

Next I would be Evolution weak first season but it's season 1 finale was great, the series got better with season 2 and adding the New Mutants, and hit it's stride with season 3 forward.

After Evolution would be Wolverine and the X-Men arguably the tightest season of any X-Men show and was really good wish we got more.

Then X-Men Anime a nice miniseries with great animation.

Last Wolverine good but story a little weak and young looking was wrong IMO.

OK Pryde of the X-Men seems unfair to judge compared to the rest given it's only a pilot. Great animation and story for it's time also nice to hear Michael Ball as Cyclops as a GI Joe and Transformers fan as a kid Michael Ball was always a welcome addition to anything.
    Cyclops is basically civilian cartoon-Duke anyway.

Though as a kid I saw Cyclops and Flint as basically interchangeable.

Hell, Duke and Flint were interchangeable.

Interesting that this thread started.

As a DC girl whose now flowing into Marvel, I bought ALL the seasons of the original X-Men: The Animated Series on DVD on eBay.
    I'm halfway thru season 1 and I'm really enjoying it!
    So glad I bought them. The stories are great.
    I haven't seen the other shows mentioned here, but plan on going to them next in order whenever I finish this series.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I'll go with X-MEN Anime... my two favorite things combined

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I'll go with X-MEN Anime... my two favorite things combined

The TAS voice actors will always be the X-Men voices of my youth. The ones I will imagine in my head as I read along in the comics.

But goddamn, I love Japanese VAs who do American characters.

The 90s Animated Series of X-Men is so iconic and such a treat for fans. While some of it doesn't hold up as well, still a fantastic series. I take a deep look at the show here. Hope you enjoy.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Mighty Member

Here's my list:

X-Men Evolution: This is the best X-Men cartoon for me. The art style, premise of X-Men characters in normal high school, the ridiculous made up character Spyke, and slow pacing of the first season threw off a lot of fans, but those that stuck with it got great stories, nice animation, the best voice acting in an X-Men series, and some of the most awesome portrayals of classic X-Men villains ever. Seriously, Juggernaut, Mystique, and the first Sentinel were freaking awesome! Plus, it finally put two of my favorite X-Men, Shadowcat and Nightcrawler, in the cast. Once they dropped Spyke, this series was consistently awesome throughout its entire run. I recommend it to everyone to watch.

X-Men: The 90's series was pretty good. I actually even kind of liked Jubilee, whom I hated with a freaking passion in the comics. Even then, I didn't mind that she kind of disappeared most of the time. The first two seasons were pretty tight, which helped the series since the animation was subpar by that period's standards. I remembered being really excited for the Dark Pheonix saga, but really hated how badly they butchered it. I knew it couldn't go as dark as the comic, but still, man, that was terrible. The remaining seasons got even worse. Also, the voice acting was also subpar to the period's standards. I can only recommend the first two seasons.

Pryde of the X-Men: I can't tell you how many times I watched this video tape over and over. Man, it was awesomely terrible. The hammy overacting, the powers that made no sense, making Wolverine an Australian, it was just so cheesy! And that's its charm. Plus, they based the awesome X-Men arcade game on this solo shot. It's terrible, but I love it.

Wolverine and the X-Men: I couldn't even make it halfway through the first season. Nothing made sense. I couldn't tell if they wanted to do a Wolverine series or an X-Men series. It was pretty clear that they didn't either. It was all just too disjointed.

I never watched the X-Men or Wolverine animes, so I haven't a clue how good or bad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Interesting that this thread started.

As a DC girl whose now flowing into Marvel, I bought ALL the seasons of the original X-Men: The Animated Series on DVD on eBay.
    I'm halfway thru season 1 and I'm really enjoying it!
    So glad I bought them. The stories are great.
    I haven't seen the other shows mentioned here, but plan on going to them next in order whenever I finish this series.
    TaS is great except for some reason it feels like Wolverine is crying every other episode. But yea it's my favorite Wolverine and the Xmen has amazing potential but got cut short before it get going on AoA.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

My current list:

X-Men Anime: Personally, think this is an excellent modern story for the X-Men. The action scenes are intense and I love how the characters are portrayed. It was darker but not completely grim. Overall, I love this one. Only con was Hisako (Armor's) Voice. Really squeeky and irritating.

X-Men Evolution: Really good ideas for telling a story of the X-Men for a younger generation. X-23, characterization, and most of the plots were awesome. Only cons were that some of those ideas I wasn't completely a fan of. Principal Kelly was probably the worst.

X-Men TOS: I used to consider this show one of the best of all time and I'll always respect the impact it had for the X-Men. Getting a lower rank because after watching a few episodes once more, it did not age well.

Wolverine and the X-Men: It had a few good moments and I gave it many chances, but overall, not interested. Tough to describe. Weird and bland
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    X-Men Evolution: Really good ideas for telling a story of the X-Men for a younger generation. X-23, characterization, and most of the plots were awesome. Only cons were that some of those ideas I wasn't completely a fan of. Principal Kelly was probably the worst.
    Yeah, Principal Kelly and Spyke are the two biggest things I would change about X-Men Evolution. Thankfully, neither appeared much in the series.

X-Men Evolution was a slow burn for me. Didn't enjoy the set up or the first season and a bit, but it finally clicked in the third and fourth seasons and then I was so bummed that it was cancelled. I take a good look at the show in this video. Hope you enjoy.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Wolverine and the X-Men was an interesting show with a different conceit. Wolverine was the leader and Cyclops was in the background. I'm not sure how much I liked that aspect of it, but I do think the show was fun and had legs. Too bad it never got that second season.