Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1265

Heh it’s amusing seeing Slade try to “help” the Teen Titans.

Just saw the July solicitations and wow 5 issues away from 50, I wonder if we're nearing the end.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Just saw the July solicitations and wow 5 issues away from 50, I wonder if we're nearing the end.
    It's coming...I feel the sadness upon me...apparently, Priest wanted to write Green Lantern and/or Nightwing, but Didio said no, according to someone who talked to him at a con last weekend. Why!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's coming...I feel the sadness upon me...apparently, Priest wanted to write Green Lantern and/or Nightwing, but Didio said no, according to someone who talked to him at a con last weekend. Why!!!
    GL I can understand with Morrison on Hal and John on the JL, given that the franchise can’t really support that many books anymore (wow is it sad to see GL on such hard times compared to the Johns glory days), but refusing him Nightwing legit ****** me off. Ric sucks and Jurgens is a total bore, let Priest do something interesting with Ric if they insist on keeping Dick like this. Looks pretty likely that DC isn’t going to give Priest a book after Deathstroke wraps up which is just baffling to me. The man gave you 50 issues with no relaunch of freaking Deathstroke, yet you won’t give him ANYONE else? How about Green Arrow for Christ sake? Or a mini?

Your messing with me right?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Your messing with me right?
    No, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Wow, that is so disheartening. I've had my issues with some of Priest's work, but I'd never say no to him on a title because he can do some great things if given the chance. I mean Nightwing is in such poor shape now with the Ric garbage I don't get why they wouldn't let a Priest come on and let him experiment and write what he wants. Not like they have anything to lose and maybe he could produce something great from it.

Guess DC and Didio want an in-house guy to continue their editorial mandated Ric story and Priest is far from being that type of writer.

That sucks, I can understand the reason why for GL considering the current writer but no to Nightwing ...idk man, the current arc seems directionless. Knowing that Priest and I share similar feelings on the Nightwing character as well as similar feelings on the whole Grayson spy direction, I would have loved to see what Priest would have done with the character especially with what's going on now.

And jumping back on the GL thing, I just realized that it is weird that they said no when Gerard Way was given the greenlight on a Young Animal book focusing on a green lantern character that's being written by NK Jemisin. So DC chose the idea of creating a new GL character over expanding on a previous one; I mean I guess we don't know when Priest had asked to write one of those books but still...

I am curious which Green Lantern he wanted to write about b/c it wouldn't have been John ...would it?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    That sucks, I can understand the reason why for GL considering the current writer but no to Nightwing ...idk man, the current arc seems directionless. Knowing that Priest and I share similar feelings on the Nightwing character as well as similar feelings on the whole Grayson spy direction, I would have loved to see what Priest would have done with the character especially with what's going on now.

And jumping back on the GL thing, I just realized that it is weird that they said no when Gerard Way was given the greenlight on a Young Animal book focusing on a green lantern character that's being written by NK Jemisin. So DC chose the idea of creating a new GL character over expanding on a previous one; I mean I guess we don't know when Priest had asked to write one of those books but still...

I am curious which Green Lantern he wanted to write about b/c it wouldn't have been John ...would it?
    I'm pretty sure, given his blogs about the novels he created and wrote about the Green Lanterns (Sleepers), his favorite is Hal. Though he also seemed to like using Simon and Jessica in his Justice League run.

Fantastic Member

Didn’t Priest say he hated Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    It's always been my reading of that particular blog post that he doesn't find what people have done with Nightwing for a long time to be very interesting. He wants to do something interesting with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I think he does a bit. His initial reaction to the poor feedback to his Lazarus Contract story he went after Dick and bashed him pretty hard. Really singled him out. Which was a bit weird given how Dick didn't really do anything but stand around in Priest's Lazarus Contract story. So it isn't like he used the character in a shocking way compared to Wally, Damian or Deathstroke in the story who he didn't really bash much at all. He later tried to walk back what he said some by mentioning how "Dick should be better" or something along those lines.

I think generally Dick just isn't the kind of character Priest likes or finds interesting since he likes more damaged characters. That is probably the root of it.

I can kind of understand Priest’s point. Dick’s best stories in the last two decades have been from when his status quo was radically shaken up, like when he was Batman and when he was an agent of Spyral. I loved Seeley’s Rebirth Nightwing run but even before “Ric” Nightwing was pretty terrible, with Percy writing him as a technophobe and reverting Bludhaven to “Gotham but worse”. But I still thought making Bludhaven a New Vegas type City was perfect, and you can still have international adventures while keeping Bludhaven as Dick’s home city imo.

I also wouldn’t hold Priest’s dislike of Dick against him and keep him from taking a shot. I don’t think he even knew much about Slade at all before he took on the job, but he did his research and figured out who the character was and an interesting angle to tell a story with him. I’m sure he would do the same for Nightwing if he were to get that job. And really we’re already at rock bottom with Dick so it can’t get any worse at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can kind of understand Priest’s point. Dick’s best stories in the last two decades have been from when his status quo was radically shaken up, like when he was Batman and when he was an agent of Spyral. I loved Seeley’s Rebirth Nightwing run but even before “Ric” Nightwing was pretty terrible, with Percy writing him as a technophobe and reverting Bludhaven to “Gotham but worse”. But I still thought making Bludhaven a New Vegas type City was perfect, and you can still have international adventures while keeping Bludhaven as Dick’s home city imo.

I also wouldn’t hold Priest’s dislike of Dick against him and keep him from taking a shot. I don’t think he even knew much about Slade at all before he took on the job, but he did his research and figured out who the character was and an interesting angle to tell a story with him. I’m sure he would do the same for Nightwing if he were to get that job. And really we’re already at rock bottom with Dick so it can’t get any worse at this point.
    Yea I think priest just isn't a fan of the batman-lite version of dick grayson. But bludhevan gotta go.

It be funny if the green lantern he wanted to write was Guy. I hope his next project is a success. It be cool if it was the Question.