Page 448 of 2453 FirstFirst ... 3483984384444454464474484494504514524584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 36787

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On the other end of the War of the Realms Spectrum

spoilers:

Daredevil now has the Sword of Heimdall, and as a result possesses his senses
    end of spoilers
    Yes, I found it pretty cool, especially the way the power boost is described. Meanwhile, in his own book:

spoilers:

Matt, after an accident involving a truck and him getting someone out of the way, ironically, almost ends his career as Daredevil, and even his life, suits up too early after getting back on his feet, leading him to:
    -almost lose a fight against three ordinary robbers that he normally would have curbstomped, and killing one of those.
    -get shot in the shoulder, and lose a boxing match against an antagonistic cop coming from Chicago.
    -get his bacon saved by the Punisher, who approves of Matt's apparent new approach.

By the way, the new run is awesome, and I love his current suit, perfect blend of the classic red, a touch of the Netflix red costume, and the handwraps from the black costume at the beginning of Soule's run.
    end of spoilers

Kinda reminds me of that time when Batman took Metron's place in the Justice League books, while he was amnesiac, bearded, and got replaced by Jim Gordon in a RoboBatBunny suit in his main series.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 04-19-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: Luffy's death match/casual training is going off without a hitch and he now has a new avenue to recruit people for the coming battle. Toko's family are apparently just really good at being/acting happy when they really shouldn't be, I wonder if something strange is up with that.

Black Clover: This was a really good chapter. Yami gives us a solid rundown of the limitations of the big bad's seemingly omnipotent power thus giving us a glimmer of hope in the battle. And then said big bad raises the stakes in a simple and elegant way that makes perfect sense with the series.

My Hero Academia: The League of Villain's sudden gauntlet against a city's worth of fighters continues as we focus in on Toga and learn a smidge of her backstory. And even when faced with overwhelming odds and beaten up, the crazy, shape shifting, stealthy yandere with a blood fetish seems completely unbothered. Cool beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: The League of Villain's sudden gauntlet against a city's worth of fighters continues as we focus in on Toga and learn a smidge of her backstory. And even when faced with overwhelming odds and beaten up, the crazy, shape shifting, stealthy yandere with a blood fetish seems completely unbothered. Cool beans.
    Mr.Stain would be proud of his #1 fan.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

In other Comic News, Spider-Man Life Story is real, real good

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually, that wasn’t it, but yeah.

My real issue was:
    spoilers:
    All the Valkyries are dead, despite the Defenders’ Valkyrie actually being a significant movie character now, so actually known by non-comics fans, and so someone else had to become the one and only Valkyrie. Not Dani Moonstar, who is already actually, y’know, a Valkyrie. No, obviously Jason Aarons can only have one character lined up for that privliege.

Jane fucking Foster
    end of spoilers

That though? Pretty sweet.
    That's setting up for an Al Ewing book though. And Al Ewing is probably the best Comic Writer of the 2010s

Extraordinary Member

In other Comic News, Spider-Man Life Story is real, real good
    What's the premise for that one?

In theory, an RPG type game could have a separate GM and a DM.

The GM would control the story, the DM would control the fights and other challenges.

Thoughts?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    What's the premise for that one?
    It's basically a retelling of Spider-Man's history with him aging in real time. There are two issues out so far, one covering the 60s and one covering the 70s

It's very well done. In particular, there's a subplot about how Superheroes are affecting the Vietnam war running in the background, that effects various characters.

Extraordinary Member

It's basically a retelling of Spider-Man's history with him aging in real time. There are two issues out so far, one covering the 60s and one covering the 70s

It's very well done. In particular, there's a subplot about how Superheroes are affecting the Vietnam war running in the background, that effects various characters.
    Sounds interesting.

Might trade wait for that one.

Extraordinary Member

MoR, have I sent you the rules for the next annihilation tournament?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

MoR, have I sent you the rules for the next annihilation tournament?
    not yet. you can do so when you are ready. the next tournament won't be for another week since it's easter and all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not yet. you can do so when you are ready. the next tournament won't be for another week since it's easter and all.
    Well, this time I think I'll keep it simple. Three Stock, All Items on, Final Smash Meter is a go

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Well, this time I think I'll keep it simple. Three Stock, All Items on, Final Smash Meter is a go
    name of the tournament?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    name of the tournament?
    Bowser's Back to Basics Beatdown

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually, that wasn’t it, but yeah.

My real issue was:
    spoilers:
    All the Valkyries are dead, despite the Defenders’ Valkyrie actually being a significant movie character now, so actually known by non-comics fans, and so someone else had to become the one and only Valkyrie. Not Dani Moonstar, who is already actually, y’know, a Valkyrie. No, obviously Jason Aarons can only have one character lined up for that privliege.

Jane fucking Foster
    end of spoilers
    So, how long until Jason Aarons try to have spoilers:
    Jane Fostyrie
    end of spoilers be the most powerful of them all, even moreso than Thor... He IS Thor again, right? Admittedly, my knowledge of current comics comes from you guys (mostly read a few shonen titles), so I don't know. But has he got the right to use his own goddamn first name back yet?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis