View Poll Results: Are you excited about Hickman's bold, new direction for the X-Men books?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

147 79.89%
  • No.

30 16.30%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

7 3.80%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I wonder what they might name Hickman's flagship title after HOX/POX concludes.

Uncanny X-Men would be the most natural, but it was just canceled (again), so might not give the right impression.
    Would it be ironic, if they rename it as X-Men Gold and Blue again. LOL

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I was taking a wait-and-see approach prior to today. I'd read a little Hickman but not enough to genuinely excited; however. after reading that interview, I'm freaking psyched. Just hearing him being so open and honest about the failings of the line over the last number of years is a breath of fresh air, and knowing that he's got a solid, years-long plan that he intends to helm is freaking fantastic.

I didn't imagine myself saying this, but I'm all in, Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I haven't met a writer as good as Claremont ever since he left.
    Have you read Mike Carey's run? If not, read it. Easily the best X-writer since Claremont. Gillen is also extremely good, but his run doesn't really get going until Uncanny vol. 2 and is, therefore, somewhat abbreviated: when he first took over after Fraction, he was mostly just tidying up Fraction and Whedon's leftovers. I'd compare him to JMS on Thor. When he was there, he was amazing: he just wasn't there for nearly as long as I'd have liked.

EDIT: In regards to his vertical mobility, I wouldn't mind if Hickman took over Tom Brevoort's role. Sick of that guy. If they wanted to involve him in the integration of mutants into the MCU, I'd be all for that, too, though it's extremely unlikely.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 05-15-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I had heard that Marvel Studios (Feige) basically severed the co-operation with the comics division (Perlmutter & co).

Is that not longer the case?
    Yes absolutely, but it is not necessarily in Disney’s interest to give him the keys to every kingdom.

Forget Perlmutter, his name always comes up in this and he is irrelevant to this discussion. He looks after the whole of Marvel outside of the movies, he is not worried about editorial concerns. He just happened to have a voice on the old committee that gave notes in the early MCU days alongside people like Bendis. He’s a businessman, not a creative type. He is also a bloody good businessman that doesn’t deserve the ridiculous scorn poured on him by fans. If it wasn’t for him WB would probably own Marvel by now.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-15-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Brevoot is not going anywhere and Hickman is not becoming a line editor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Is anyone making an undue deal out of it?
    Sorry, I was referring to the numerous headlines on various websites implying "canceling the X-Men" is a big deal. I know why we are all excited

Brevoot is not going anywhere and Hickman is not becoming a line editor.
    I'm in total agreement. I just wish Brevoort was gone. Really not a fan of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'd say dump Rosenberg, but I don't want Rosenberg touching other Marvel franchises, so yes, give him more mootants.

ed likes boom-boom so I'm ride or die on that brisson kissin' as long as they don't give him anything important to botch again like exxxtentacion (and also if he gives me more tab)
    Rosenberg is perfect for Iron Fist, Punisher, Hawkeye, etc. as a Fraction disciple. He’s also developing the screenplay to his great ‘4 Kids’ comic. He just shouldn’t write the X-Men at this juncture. His POV and voice is so specific to dudebro heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Rosenberg is perfect for Iron Fist, Punisher, Hawkeye, etc. as a Fraction disciple. He’s also developing the screenplay to his great ‘4 Kids’ comic. He just shouldn’t write the X-Men at this juncture. His POV and voice is so specific to dudebro heroes.
    no no no please please just give him multiple man havok and friends or something don't let him do more hawkeye no no no please daddy no more
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

You kind of are saying this and you would be absolutely correct.
    Heh, I do think their runs were worse than Bendis to be honest. When I say I don't find them worst I meant as writers in generals, cause I liked their work on other stuff(except Guggs).

brian's run is so good he erased his only **** story from continuity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    brian's run is so good he erased his only **** story from continuity
    BotA was bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    BotA was bad too.
    Funny thing is that while BotA was really bad, the future brotherhood introduced there were actually used in a number of really good stories later down the line (the attack on the New Xavier's school later in Bendis's All-New run, No More Humans and Cross-Time Capers in Blue come to mind).
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 05-15-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    BotA was bad too.
    now with that deadpool #swag variant it ain't

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I'm in total agreement. I just wish Brevoort was gone. Really not a fan of his.
    I see a lot of dislike for Tom Brevoort on these boards and I genuinely don't know why. Is it because of his online persona, admittedly not the most likeable, or for of the comics he edits? Because I look at the amazing roster of talent he's been bringing to the Avengers books for the past 2 decades or so and as an X-fan I'm quite jealous of those high-profile writers and artists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I see a lot of dislike for Tom Brevoort on these boards and I genuinely don't know why. Is it because of his online persona, admittedly not the most likeable, or for of the comics he edits? Because I look at the amazing roster of talent he's been bringing to the Avengers books for the past 2 decades or so and as an X-fan I'm quite jealous of those high-profile writers and artists.
    Editor of every piece of **** event Marvel has shoved down the industry's throat over the last 2 decades as well.